• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

new compile (1 Viewer)

There were a lot of changes in this patch and the Macroques2 website does not have a new source up yet. Rest assured we will have a new compile out to everyone as soon as we can.

np im trying to learn how to compile and trying to follow what mq2 is saying about setting up and using vc express 2005 and so could use some helpful hints...

way i usualy find newest source is turn on your old MQ2 then right click on the icon in the lower right corner click on were it says MQ sites then click website when new IE window opens up click the big MQ2 in the middle of the page then click on downloads and it will be rite there or jsut go to http://www.macroquest2.com/main.php?p=download

Last edited:
With the new way that the client receives information about npcs/pc's in the zone, do you think it will be difficult to see all the mobs in the zone?

With the new way that the client receives information about npcs/pc's in the zone, do you think it will be difficult to see all the mobs in the zone?

I have been wondering this as well. Browsed through the forums here and haven't seen much mention of it. I figured it would have been a big discussion already, maybe I looked over it, or maybe it's not going to change much for MQ. I would have thought it caused major issues with the map and targeting for anything that is out of the new proximity range. Like to hear some feedback on this from someone that knows.

Pretty sure it's more of a wait and see thing than anything else. Rangers and druids can still track, but can SOE see if you're spoofing the server as a ranger when you're not?

The way MQ2map works now, those mobs won't fill up the Spawn list and won't show up on map or be targetable.

As far as possible work arounds, give it time maybe it will happen but more then likely the amount of information and exchange needed to spoof it will be too much to risk showing up on a log somewhere with 400 entries of "XXX requested XYZ location through Track.Class.blahblah.logstuffs here" showing up every 6 seconds for entire zonewide spawns when you aren't a class with track.

But really, it's all wait and see.

Dang it, I pulled down the zip to try and race to be the first to make a compile and I just now realized I am on my laptop and don't have my compiler loaded on it and my monitor is fried hence I am on the laptop. How cruddy is that?

I don;t have the software or what not to do full precompiled stuff, or the knowledge to ad din th eplugin yet, but trying to get it. I think something has changed very significantly though, even with just the MQ2 source EQ is crashing regularly. I am wondering though if this is perhaps because of the mq2map plugin. I got tired of the incessant creashed unloaded MQ2 and PLed for a bit, but I am guessin something in the current MQ2 source bugged. That would explain the rather large delay in getting a workin compile out too from developers here.

new compile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back