• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IRL - New and Looking to Simplify (1 Viewer)

RedCents
239¢
Hi all,

Been browsing through alot of the guides and posts and there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Currently boxing a TLP and wondering if tools like kiss assist and Danet can be used on separate PCs while true boxing?

Is there any option for a trial version to see how it works and if it's something I will enjoy using before having a subscription.

Okay thanks Sic.

My TLP will be going to a server that is restricted to 3 boxes per PC shortly. I am assuming at that point tool's like kiss assist will be usable?

How far are you on those toons? June is ripe and ready for a re-roll. Just saying...
All are raid geared with the current expansion so kind of vested =)

why do you recommend re-rolling?

Will I be able to use kiss assist when the box limitation are opened up on my TLP to 3 per box?

All are raid geared with the current expansion so kind of vested =)

why do you recommend re-rolling?

Will I be able to use kiss assist when the box limitation are opened up on my TLP to 3 per box?
What is the current level on your particular server?
Agnarr, Aradune, Coirnav, Mangler, and Mischief are the only Truebox servers left, aren't they? Of those, only Coirnav is CoV, Aradune up to Underfoot, and Mangler up to TDS? I could be wrong, Truebox never appealed to me. I boxed way back in the day previously, when I came back, I wasn't about to play where I would be restricted. I am not a purist.

Not to diminish any of your time or efforts, but unless you are Coirnav and CoV raid geared, you can reroll a full group on Live or Test(bonuses there) and be better equipped, higher leveled, access to tons more content than your current server. In addition to not be gimped by whatever stipulations DBG puts in place to satisfy the purists.

Unless of course, you are a purist, but now wanting a taste of the dark side. Then disregard everything I said.

*waves hand* This is not the post you are looking for.

Okay thanks Sic.

My TLP will be going to a server that is restricted to 3 boxes per PC shortly. I am assuming at that point tool's like kiss assist will be usable?
Sometime (not scheduled or same day) after a server is no longer pure truebox, mq gets supported

What is the current level on your particular server?
Agnarr, Aradune, Coirnav, Mangler, and Mischief are the only Truebox servers left, aren't they? Of those, only Coirnav is CoV, Aradune up to Underfoot, and Mangler up to TDS? I could be wrong, Truebox never appealed to me. I boxed way back in the day previously, when I came back, I wasn't about to play where I would be restricted. I am not a purist.

Not to diminish any of your time or efforts, but unless you are Coirnav and CoV raid geared, you can reroll a full group on Live or Test(bonuses there) and be better equipped, higher leveled, access to tons more content than your current server. In addition to not be gimped by whatever stipulations DBG puts in place to satisfy the purists.

Unless of course, you are a purist, but now wanting a taste of the dark side. Then disregard everything I said.

*waves hand* This is not the post you are looking for.
I'm on Yelinak.

I'll consider your suggestions. Would be fun to roll around with a full group of 6.

Is there any sort of trial for the programs like kiss assist before diving into a subscription.

I'm on Yelinak.

I'll consider your suggestions. Would be fun to roll around with a full group of 6.

Is there any sort of trial for the programs like kiss assist before diving into a subscription.
---> Go to RedCent Shop

1686377553220.png

--- >Use your well-earned 50 red-cents to buy one month

1686377503383.png

--- >Never look back, your life has just changed for the better

Attachments

• 1686377525865.png
    1686377525865.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 0
You can also /testcopy (I believe, never tried from TrueBox) characters to the Test Server and try out your current characters with CWTN plugins as well if that interests you. Hands down CWTN plugins, IMHO, are the best automation resource available and well worth the investment.

You can also /testcopy (I believe, never tried from TrueBox) characters to the Test Server and try out your current characters with CWTN plugins as well if that interests you. Hands down CWTN plugins, IMHO, are the best automation resource available and well worth the investment.
Any recomendations on a fun active server to start a new box group on?

I am currently only playing on Test. I had a stroke a couple of months ago, and my entire income goes to living and medical bills, so Test was the best option for me. However, there are plenty of populated Live servers to choose from, and maybe others will have some good suggestions.

I am currently only playing on Test. I had a stroke a couple of months ago, and my entire income goes to living and medical bills, so Test was the best option for me. However, there are plenty of populated Live servers to choose from, and maybe others will have some good suggestions

Really sorry to hear about your health situation brother. Hope you are recovering.

Live servers are mostly free as well just like test are they not? Also any way to see if I have characters on any of the other servers without logging into each hehe. Some of my accounts are old and I think i may have some chars.

Also I looked for the pluggin CWTN that you mentioned in your previous post but don't see it in the recourses. Does it go by another name?

Really sorry to hear about your health situation brother. Hope you are recovering.

Live servers are mostly free as well just like test are they not? Also any way to see if I have characters on any of the other servers without logging into each hehe. Some of my accounts are old and I think i may have some chars.

Also I looked for the pluggin CWTN that you mentioned in your previous post but don't see it in the recourses. Does it go by another name?
The CWTN plugins are for each individual class. They have all 3 tanks, 2/3 healers, most DPS released. The only non-released plugins are BRD,DRU,RNG,WIZ atm, but everything else is released and works flawlessly. Too good in fact, if you can believe that.

You can play free on the Live servers, but you will be limited in AA, spells, expansion, etc. Most people sub their tanks, while the rest are F2P characters they occasionally sub or use a Krono on to take full advantage of AA gains. Any AA you earn while subbed, you keep and can use, even if your sub laxes.

The CWTN plugins are for each individual class. They have all 3 tanks, 2/3 healers, most DPS released. The only non-released plugins are BRD,DRU,RNG,WIZ atm, but everything else is released and works flawlessly. Too good in fact, if you can believe that.

You can play free on the Live servers, but you will be limited in AA, spells, expansion, etc. Most people sub their tanks, while the rest are F2P characters they occasionally sub or use a Krono on to take full advantage of AA gains. Any AA you earn while subbed, you keep and can use, even if your sub laxes.
Okay that makes sense thank you.

Any idea what this message means lol??

1686422926628.png

Okay that makes sense thank you.

Any idea what this message means lol??

View attachment 49072
It means the acl on one of your folders is messed up.
Do you know how to use icacls?

You'll want to run a terminal (cmd.exe) as admin, and run the following command on folders you suspect it may be (like the redguides release, or Lua or macro folder): icacls /verify

Verify will tell you if the acl of the folder is messed up.
When you do find the folder, you'll need to run some powershell (powershell.exe) commands (again as admin):
Fix broken acl on folder:
$path = 'C:\Path\of\messed\up\acl\folder'
$acl = Get-Acl $path
Set-Acl $path $acl

It looks like it's just reapplying the same acl, but the Set-Acl command will actually reconfigure it correctly.

Last edited:
It means the acl on one of your folders is messed up.
Do you know how to use icacls?

You'll want to run a terminal (cmd.exe) as admin, and run the following command on folders you suspect it may be (like the redguides release, or Lua or macro folder): icacls /verify

Verify will tell you if the acl of the folder is messed up.
When you do find the folder, you'll need to run some powershell (powershell.exe) commands (again as admin):
Fix broken acl on folder:
$path = 'C:\Path\of\messed\up\acl\folder'
$acl = Get-Acl $path
Set-Acl $path $acl

It looks like it's just reapplying the same acl, but the Set-Acl command will actually reconfigure it correctly.
Thanks. That was pretty technical and I attempted just installing in a different directory and it seemed to work. Appreciate your help though.

Only issue im having now is this damn Bitdefender software, but seems to be a common problem and best solution is to disable it.

Appreciate all your guys help so far Im up and running now and starting to try things out.

IRL - New and Looking to Simplify

Users who are viewing this thread

Back