• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IRL - New 6 Boxer but 5th client is always slow (1 Viewer)

Tiggamcgee

RedCents
260¢
Very new to EQ/Redguide/Very Vanilla. (like a week).
I started a 6 man team and login through MQ. For some reason the 5th (of 6) EQ instance is always slower running. It loads slower, doesnt work well with Follow Me and often always gets stuck somewhere.
Its not just the toon. I edited the INI file and swapped the 5th guy to #2, and vise versa. Once i did that the toon that was always getting stuck is now fine, but again the new toon on the 5th EQ instance is the one being stuck everywhere.
Seems very strange since its not the last EQ instance as there is another on at 6th but that one is always fine as well.

Any advise on what could be causing it.

I had a similar issue to this - but could never solve it. Just one instance of EQ that would always just suck - or if anyone would LD it would be him.
Im sorry I dont have a solution for it. I fixed mine by accident - when i created a new iSBOXER layout the problem went away.

Are you using ISBOXER?

Very new to EQ/Redguide/Very Vanilla. (like a week).
I started a 6 man team and login through MQ. For some reason the 5th (of 6) EQ instance is always slower running. It loads slower, doesnt work well with Follow Me and often always gets stuck somewhere.
Its not just the toon. I edited the INI file and swapped the 5th guy to #2, and vise versa. Once i did that the toon that was always getting stuck is now fine, but again the new toon on the 5th EQ instance is the one being stuck everywhere.
Seems very strange since its not the last EQ instance as there is another on at 6th but that one is always fine as well.

Any advise on what could be causing it.
Make sure to set up framelimiter, and don't have external frame limiting happening (like isboxer)

Make sure to set up framelimiter, and don't have external frame limiting happening (like isboxer)
Sic. I watched your video and love the idea that it doesnt render anything on the background clients.
I have setup the framelimiter but it did not solve the issue.
Attaching video of the the issue. You can see that the 5th person falls behind, and even rubber bands a few times before getting to the leader.

Also not using IsBoxer. Strictly using Very Vanilla EMU install out of the box
Playing on Project Lazarus, if that has any significance

Last edited by a moderator:
This is considering you are using Windows 10/11:

I have found with certain hardware set ups, you may be experiencing a problem with instances sharing all of your CPU cores by default. As a simple try, assign CPU affinity to one core per EQ account (not counting core 0 if doing this manually through task manager). If you use ISBoxer, it has a round robin option to assign each instance automagically to each instance already. I know this doesn't make sense because it's a random client that has lag, but this is a simple try just to see. All part of troubleshooting goodness.

Also, as stated above, you can try frame limiter too. But I would say with that only use if you have issues with all your instances, not just one.

Last edited:
Yeah you're going to want to take that video down. You definitely don't want your character names public knowledge.

Edit - Sorry I missed that you're playing on an EMU server. Probably okay in that case.

Yeah you're going to want to take that video down. You definitely don't want your character names public knowledge.

Edit - Sorry I missed that you're playing on an EMU server. Probably okay in that case.
In general it was just a good idea not to post your character names because people use live character names on emu and immune names online. People seeing videos will report somebody on live with a character name that they saw on some video on EMU so it's just a good idea in general not to do that there's no reason to do that you can anonymize or you could just simply not post the stuff the posting character names is going to get removed

In general it was just a good idea not to post your character names because people use live character names on emu and immune names online. People seeing videos will report somebody on live with a character name that they saw on some video on EMU so it's just a good idea in general not to do that there's no reason to do that you can anonymize or you could just simply not post the stuff the posting character names is going to get removed
Thanks Sic. I was going to take the video down, but it seems you might have already done that for me.

Going to test and create a whole new 6 man team to see if the problem is still there on #5.

I get crashes. If my Mage is in the group he is always the first to zonk out and go offline. No Mage then it's my tank that crashes. Which doesn't make sense to me I thought the Mage was crashing from excessive spell effects. Now that the tank is crashing I'm confused as shit. There is no correlation to be had.

Just re-tested with a fresh set of 6 toons. Again the 5th of the 6 instances is the culprit. I did notice that once I alt tabbed over to it made him run at a normal pace still takes that toon way longer than everyone else.

Think I might just rearrange MQ autologin so that the 5th instance is the character that I play and 1-4, and 6 are the bots.

Thank you all for the advice.

Just re-tested with a fresh set of 6 toons. Again the 5th of the 6 instances is the culprit. I did notice that once I alt tabbed over to it made him run at a normal pace still takes that toon way longer than everyone else.

Think I might just rearrange MQ autologin so that the 5th instance is the character that I play and 1-4, and 6 are the bots.

Thank you all for the advice.
Definitely make sure no external things are disallowing EQ to run on cores with windows managing that.

Also ensure you're not eq logging on all toons, your 5th/6th toon might be choking because of hard drive writing.

Check antivirus or OneDrive syncing etc.

For zoning delays and crashes make sure you don't have "show offline toons" on if you're in a large guild

Update - Fixed(kinda)
Though not fixed because do not know what is causing it BUT I have rectified my main group from being affected.
On Project Lazarus we are allowed a 6 man group plus 1 trader.

Added another instance in the 5th instance for a Trader. He now is the one that gets the lag buff but who cares because he isnt moving.
Instances 1-4 main group and then 6,7 rest of main group. Now noone falls behind and no latency when attacking, etc.

IRL - New 6 Boxer but 5th client is always slow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back