• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Need some pointers on Macro IHCS merc (1 Viewer)

RedCents
62¢
Downloaded the IHCS merc macro for my beastlord. Fired it up no problem and was amazed within 2 seconds! the beastlord started cycling through all its spells, loading, buffing etc.
I did /meleeon and all i got was an error message. I tried doing /mac kissassist and it made the beastlord attack and whatnot but wouldnt cast any spells or abilities.

Am I missing something here? Would really like to get it to work because it looks awesome.
Pointers would be appreciated, thank you.

@EQ_Fan Are you trying to setup your Beastlord as a puller or Tank? or just a DPS/Buffer with other party members?

I don't think pullers are supported in the IHC mac

For kissassist does it have any error messages in the logs on startup of kiss? Can you post the buff/dps sections of your kiss ini. Do your other characters work?

Hi, Freerferli,
I just want the beastlord as a group DPS -- nontank, nonpuller.
I looked at the imbedded INI file for the beastlord in the IHC macro folder, I didn't understand it very well as it seemed like lots of things were missing compared to KA ini.'s and some additions I was unfamiliar with.
At this time I have just copy and pasted parts of a 110 BL ini. from the library.
Prior to copying of the BL ini. i did not receive any errors when starting KA with ihc running.

I will post ini. in just a few mins.

As a note IHC and KA can't be run at the same time on the same character. They're both macros and you can only have one macro running per character. For KA you'll need an INI specifically for your character. IHC's INI files are more for storing between runs and not edited directly (my personal opinion based on use of INCENCH).

One thing I forget to do sometimes is to right click on my tank's name and select both MA and tank. If those are not set things won't work right. The puller setting doesn't seem to matter but I usually set it anyway.

This is my IHCBst ini that I have. I also use IHC for my cleric and enchanter and found that all I have ever really done is /ihcinstall than all ever it is my social button /ihcstart. I do use 3 different ways of running my crew by using KissAssist, IHC, Chatwithme's Mq2Monk plugin. I am not sure if you are using any plugin's but here is how I start my crew going in one shot.

Line1=/bcga //target TankName
Line2=/multiline ; /bct Healer //ihcstart ; /bct Enchanter //ihcstart ; /bct Beastlord //ihcstart
Line3=/multiline ; /bct Tank //mac kississist ; /bct Mage //mac kissassist

Also, I have pet slow on because if I pull multiple mobs and the enchanter is mezzing them. The enchanter is not slowing the mob I am killing and the bst pet will usually get a slow off quickly for me. Hope this helps you some.

DoAutoTarget=1
DoAutoEngage=1
FollowMarkTarget=0
AllowMezBreak=0
DoSlow=0
DoDot=0
Manatonuke=5
StickHow=behind
StopNukeAggro=80
UseAoE=0
UseMelee=1
[General]
FollowToonName=NULL
AssistRange=100
AutoAssistAt=98
AutoCampHold=1
AutoCampRadius=30
BurnAlways=0
BurnMobCount=3
BurnNamed=1
DoMed=1
EndMedPct=80
MedPct=80
ModRodManaPct=70
InstantRelease=0
StickToKillTarget=1
UseFellowship=1
UseModRods=1
UseSmartAssist=1
UseZoneLogic=0
IHCMacVersion=2.0
acverbose=0
[Options]
DoBuffs=1
DoGroupBeg=1
BringYourOwnSpells=0
DoFerocity=1
FocParagonManaPct=80
FocParagonEndPct=80
ParagonManaPct=80
[Healing]
DoHeals=1
DynamicHealing=1
Healpoint=70
PetHealpoint=40
TBMHealpoint=65
RaidHealpoint=65
[Item]
ChestItemName=NULL
ChestCombatCast=0
UsePoisons=0
PoisonName=NULL
PoisonBuffName=NULL
[Pet]
UsePet=1
DoPetTank=0
UseSwarmpet=1
DoPetSlow=1
[Buffs]
UseFocus=1
UseRunSpeed=1

I have run into a similar problem. Downloaded Very Vanilla got mq2 up and running downloaded MQZerker/ihcmercs and kinda got lost on what to run or how to do it. I run a Pally/bard/bst/zerker/Cleric Merc currently do not have a real Healer to play till I figure out how to run my group. Looking for suggestions or info on this.

I have run into a similar problem. Downloaded Very Vanilla got mq2 up and running downloaded MQZerker/ihcmercs and kinda got lost on what to run or how to do it. I run a Pally/bard/bst/zerker/Cleric Merc currently do not have a real Healer to play till I figure out how to run my group. Looking for suggestions or info on this.
Sounds like you are pretty close to what ya need to get going. Usually after I get ihcmercs setup I just type ihcstart and it is gtg. Then I have to tweak it a little in the settings as far as what percent to assist and I turn heals off on the beast and stuff as he is just my slower and fero and dps dude and I leave the heals to the cleric. I am not the greatest with walking peeps through so you might have to ask some of the other guys to get ya in the right direction.

Sounds like you are pretty close to what ya need to get going. Usually after I get ihcmercs setup I just type ihcstart and it is gtg. Then I have to tweak it a little in the settings as far as what percent to assist and I turn heals off on the beast and stuff as he is just my slower and fero and dps dude and I leave the heals to the cleric. I am not the greatest with walking peeps through so you might have to ask some of the other guys to get ya in the right direction.
Thanks for the info! I want my Bst as dps/fero/slower do not need the heals.

Easiest is to have one toon to "drive" from. That's the character that you will manually play. First things first just play that character 100% manual. Let's assume you are doing that with the pally.

Generally on your "driving" toon you would have all your hotbuttons set up; this is what @Shadow07 mentions in their post.

You can use MQ2EQBC or MQ2Dannet to communicate between toons and execute commands on them. The combination of the hotbuttons and those plugins will be what gives you "mastery".

This is what I do. I load up my 6 box crew: PAL/BRD/CLR/BST/BER/BER

In the MQ window of my pally I type in:-

/mac ihcinstall

This will then set up the right commands etc that we will use later. I only need to do it once and actually it doesn't matter which toon I run it on. But I concentrate on my pally as it's the "driving" toon.

I will play my pally manually, as DBG intended, and that includes pulling mobs. Although bards are better pullers, I don't know how to play them so I'm gonna let a macro play the bard. I actually use KissAssist for the bard because IHC didn't seem to work right for me.

I make sure my pally is the MA and MT in the group (I use MQ2Autogroup to do this so I don't have to).

I have a hot button on my pally that has the following line, which will cause MQ2Dannet to :-
Line1: Target my pally (who is the MT)
Line2: Tell all in my group (except me) to run "ihcstart" IF and only if that toon is a zerker, beastlord or cleric
Line3: Tell all in my group (except me) to run "kiss" IF and only if that toon is NOT a zerker, beastlord or cleric

INI:
Line1=/dgga /target ${Group.MainTank}
Line2=/noparse /dgge /if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,BST,CLR]}) /ihcstart
Line3=/noparse /dgge /if (!${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,BST,CLR]}) /kiss assist ${Group.MainTank} 99

The EQBC version would be:-

INI:
Line1=/bcga /target ${Group.MainTank}
Line2=/noparse /bcg //if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,BST,CLR]}) /ihcstart
Line3=/noparse /bcg //if (!${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,BST,CLR]}) /kiss assist ${Group.MainTank} 99

Now I can switch windows and look at the MQ window. They should start loading stuff up. Generally I just let IHC write its defaults, the fact you don't have to work out ini's etc is one of its strengths. It might make you mem new spells etc to match the way it wants you to play.

For Kiss Assist, I use one of the ini's posted on this site, and see how I go.

For melee, you probably want a "camp here" ( `/dgge /camphere` ) and "stop camping" button ( `/dgge /campoff` ) on your pally. Setting the camphere will make melee run back to the spot they were in when you issued the command. This will stop them eventually wandering off out of your camp (with hilarious/fatal results) after a few fights.

Switch to each toon's window, and look at the MQ window to see if I get the loading messages for IHC or the (I don't actually ever do this now my set up is stable, but you should). If I don't, I manually target my pally, then type "/ihcstart" in the MQ window for my BST,BER and CLR. And on my bard I target my pally and type "/mac kissassist assist" if I didn't get any luck using my hotkey.

Now I have verified my toons' MQ windows don't have any "The current macro has ended" messages (which means there's an error somewhere), are sitting there doing not much (or have finished memming/buffing spells) I am ready to pull...

So now I pull with my pally and run back to camp. Not much will happen (except maybe the cleric should heal me) UNTIL the mob hits between 97-99% HP (this can be changed). At that point the others should start to kick on. If I pull multiples and my bard has been set up right, it should mez the ones I, as the main assist, DON'T have targetted.

Other than buffing (make sure they're not invis as they won't cast spells when invis), they won't do all that much until they have a mob on xtarget they can assist with killing, so maybe you were doing things right but needed to take an extra step...

For the Enchanter, using Kissassist (No idea how IHCEnch would work) in your INI file (In the MQ2\Release\Macro folder, not the desktop folder)
there are a few setting;
INI:
[Melee]
AssistAt=98
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
TargetSwitchingOn=0
The melee distance is the range they need to be within for the enchanter to do anything with them, even though MeleeOn=0.
INI:
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=20
DPSSkip=10
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Order of Tashan|100|Debuffall|tash|always
DPS2=Constraining Helix|100|Debuffall|slow|always
DPS3=Strangulate|99
and any other DPS items, spells, abilities Very Basic Syntax: DPS1=Spell/AA|MobHealth%
INI:
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=Nureya's Animation
PetShrinkOn=0
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffsSize=8
PetBuffs1=Hastening of Milyex
PetCombatOn=1
PetAssistAt=95
PetAttackDistance=115