• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Need Help Stupid simple (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
Hello again =)

Ok i will start by saying i'm a damn Jarhead i chew on crayons. this program has helped my game a ton and all ready and i'm grateful for all you hard work. i am very frustrated i play with my friend and this program seems to run seamlessly for him, Meanwhile my toons seem to be retarded doing crap like running into walls and just sticking there, they don't buff and so on. so with my frustration i start looking around for answers to my problems. ill admit i probably don't belong here, but i love eq and i know this program can help me be better, hell it already has. but i read the forms and hell it's all french! I don't know french!!! i don't understand ini files and what to put in there or how to. i keep seeing lev two stuff ? what the hell is that what do i need to do to access it? i really am trying to figure this out, i promise i'm not trying to be the annoying FNG! I also am having trouble with Macros, I download them, i can see the files however there is no install or add to. so i've tried moving the files to the macro file and they still don't show up in the macro list. i click refresh update and fully close the program and reopen it probably 100 times by now. i even uninstalled Everquest and this program and reinstalled them, wich in some cases has made thing worse but at the same time i have learned few things. i have also tried low lev test buff 25! i made a team of six, and well 1 toon world only load 1 spell the others just stood there and of course no buffing. i know its sad, i know only two cmd's /bccmd /ihcstart i guess that's a start.

Any how sorry for long post, any help would be great. stupid simple pls would be great, as i just chewed threw a box of crayons while typing this lol

Oh can the pathing in The dream be fixed. I have stood 20 yards from the door and it runs me away from the zone in. if u use nave even that close to the door, it will run you right to the undead airea. if you use Nav from the pok book it runs you to the undead airea, and then making a hard left towards HoT. too many undead i die every time. Meh crap happens =)

Start the launcher, look at the settings tab and it will show the folder your main Vanilla/MQ2 is installed in. Macros will be a subfolder of that one. Knightly's above comment for how to place them and start them.

IHC will make it's own subfolder in macros and if you've added it to the launcher to watch/update, launcher will update IHC as needed.

Pathing - This one is more advanced. Vanilla uses a few different options to move around. MQ2nav is a the most powerful, but for short moves like around camp it can use simple ones. Make sure you run the mesh updater in launcher. Then check on next eq/mq2 restart by this command:

/nav reload

That should kick back that it has loaded the mesh for the zone you're in. If it is failing, let us know.

The /nav type commands all use mq2nav and that's the best for moving toons. As far as a certain zone not working, that is a case by case thing and we'd have to check if a mesh has a problem between zone lines.

I think it is best to start small and build up so it doesn't get overwhelming. So like just set up one character first, and start with their buff section. Remove all your buffs, and then run the macro on the guy and let them buff you and check that it does all the right stuff on the right targets, and then sits to med once it is all done. Once you are happy with that, move on to another section like DPS or whatever. After each section, test it to make sure you are happy. You can go to a newbie zone and let something beat on you to check that you get heals, etc. Once you are completely happy with that character, move on to the next one and do the same. You only gotta do all this once and then they are good forever and you can always tweak stuff in the future if you want to add conditions. Make sure you look at other peoples ini files in this section which you might be able to copy completely, or if your character is a different level you can just see how they do it and do the same thing for your character. It looks like jargon at first but keep playing with the ini files and you get used to them, trust me!

This guide might help. Good luck! Just keep asking on the forum if you wanna know anything else, people are helpful.

I have horrible attn span for long unclear posts so i caught something about eating and crayons
so go to dollar store and get all u want :), save money

Hi Grace! well met. I have only been here a month and a half and the folks are great here for answering questions. I found that if you just target one question at a time and focus on it the answer comes very fast. (its easier to look at one thing then a bunch of things) So with that said I will help you as best as I can since I have just gone through what you are going through now. Lets look at what needs to be done and what needs to be answered. Oh just to let you know I am using KissAssist and have not even looked at IHC so you might have to direct some things to drwhomphd for more info about it.

As Knightly said to use any macro that is in the macro folder you would type in the chat window Example: /mac KissAssist <-----that would be the name of the macro you want to use (I used KissAssist as an example) Another example is /mac Qverseer <-----the name of the macro you want to use. One thing to remember is that you can only have one macro running at a time so to end or stop a macro just type /end or /endmac.

Now for the ini files. First I advise that you go here and read and watch the video (https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/kissassist-beginners-guide.239/) It helped me start and figure out KA and how to start using it. I am not sure if IHC as a video like I said I have not used it as of yet. This will get you started with the ini files and how to streamline them to your use.

Anyway this is a start so watch, read and ask your questions and I am sure you will get many answers. Just remember HAVE FUN!!!!

Hello again =)

Ok i will start by saying i'm a damn Jarhead i chew on crayons. this program has helped my game a ton and all ready and i'm grateful for all you hard work. i am very frustrated i play with my friend and this program seems to run seamlessly for him, Meanwhile my toons seem to be retarded doing crap like running into walls and just sticking there, they don't buff and so on. so with my frustration i start looking around for answers to my problems. ill admit i probably don't belong here, but i love eq and i know this program can help me be better, hell it already has. but i read the forms and hell it's all french! I don't know french!!! i don't understand ini files and what to put in there or how to. i keep seeing lev two stuff ? what the hell is that what do i need to do to access it? i really am trying to figure this out, i promise i'm not trying to be the annoying FNG! I also am having trouble with Macros, I download them, i can see the files however there is no install or add to. so i've tried moving the files to the macro file and they still don't show up in the macro list. i click refresh update and fully close the program and reopen it probably 100 times by now. i even uninstalled Everquest and this program and reinstalled them, wich in some cases has made thing worse but at the same time i have learned few things. i have also tried low lev test buff 25! i made a team of six, and well 1 toon world only load 1 spell the others just stood there and of course no buffing. i know its sad, i know only two cmd's /bccmd /ihcstart i guess that's a start.

Any how sorry for long post, any help would be great. stupid simple pls would be great, as i just chewed threw a box of crayons while typing this lol

Oh can the pathing in The dream be fixed. I have stood 20 yards from the door and it runs me away from the zone in. if u use nave even that close to the door, it will run you right to the undead airea. if you use Nav from the pok book it runs you to the undead airea, and then making a hard left towards HoT. too many undead i die every time. Meh crap happens =)
So

Not sure the classes but for ease of use roll a sk for mqeskay one of the best pull tank programs.. use ihc for all but druid necro.. dosnt support yet should be good..

Question - Need Help Stupid simple

Users who are viewing this thread

Back