• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Need help on buffing macro (1 Viewer)

pythag1

RedCents
25¢
Trying to get a very simple macro that buffs then ends and reuses gem slots as required - but no idea how to write it, heres what I am trying to do.

Rich (BB code):
Start Macro

#turbo

#include Spell_routines.inc

Declare spell	Stamina
Declare spell	Spririt of wolf
Decalre spell              Spiritual Light

Cast spell1 on target (who ever you have targeted) from spell slot 1
Cast spell2 on target (who ever you have targeted) from spell slot 2
Cast spell2 on target (who ever you have targeted) from spell slot 1

End macro when finished

Any help greatly appreciated

I can probable write something simple for you tomorrow or next day. It will use MQ2Cast instead of spell_routines though. Double XP today :)

You need the macro to mem three buff spells, cast them on your target, then mem the three different spells and simple end?

Try this

Rich (BB code):
#turbo 40

Sub Main

/declare spell1	string outer Stamina
/declare spell2	string outer Spririt of wolf
/declare spell3 string outer Spiritual Light

/call cast "${spell1}" gem8 30s
/call cast "${spell2}" gem8 30s
/call cast "${spell3}" gem8 30s

/return

#turbo [#]

This will prevent bad macros from locking up the client by allowing you to limit the number of commands per iteration. The default is 20, while the maximum value is 40. A value of 1 will essentially disable #turbo. #turbo is active with the default of 20 in all macros even if you do not use #turbo in your macr0

Thanks for the info
Hoosierbilly, any improvements would be great, I am trying to keep it simple so I target PC with say druid hit the hotbutton where I buff then carry on playing, I find the more complexed macros are harder to adjust and when not right go bad real fast.
Heres what I have so far thanks to Maskoi, so by all means code away.

Rich (BB code):
#turbo 40

Sub Main

/declare spell1	string outer Shield of Thorns
/declare spell2	string outer Spirit of wolf
/declare spell3           string outer Storm Strength

/call cast "${spell1}" gem6 50s
/call cast "${spell2}" gem7 50s
/call cast "${spell3}" gem8 50s

/return

Thanks for the info
Hoosierbilly, any improvements would be great, I am trying to keep it simple so I target PC with say druid hit the hotbutton where I buff then carry on playing, I find the more complexed macros are harder to adjust and when not right go bad real fast.
Heres what I have so far thanks to Maskoi, so by all means code away.

Rich (BB code):
#turbo 40

Sub Main

/declare spell1	string outer Shield of Thorns
/declare spell2	string outer Spirit of wolf
/declare spell3           string outer Storm Strength

/call cast "${spell1}" gem6 50s
/call cast "${spell2}" gem7 50s
/call cast "${spell3}" gem8 50s

/return

That is fairly close to what I was gonna do for you. Maskoi is much better macro writer then I am, however this looked faily simple.

If you are not running a different macro in between buffs you could have it watch for the spell to wear off and automaticlly cast it again...

Here is a link to get you started if you want to learn more about writting macros:

HTML:
http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/Beginners_Guide_to_TLOs_and_MQ2DataVars

Need help on buffing macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back