• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Need help getting setup (1 Viewer)

Kingtut

RedCents
40¢
Need Help. My toons Auto log unto a good friends server and he went on vacation. That server is no longer available because I presume he turned off his computer. I was wondering if it was possible log my toons off of his server and make and log my toons unto my computer so that I can play while he is gone. I have no experience with this can you please help. I did try to follow your instructions from the videos you made to make my own server on my computer. That failed because I can't locate the mq2eqbc file that is suppose to be in the root folder. Is that file hidden or possibly under another full name and I fail to realize that? Really need lots of help with this many thanks to you.

Eq has the thing where it will prompt to kick a character offline, which can be enabled to auto happen, but outside that you can't.

1658846481040.png

Also, I'm not sure what you mean about his server and your server, but you can't have characters using different servers without transferring them. If you are playing on eq's live servers, you can do this with station cash in the market place - but if this is emu, you can't.

Also if he turned his server off, and that computer was hosting the server, presumed at this point to be emu, they wouldn't be online to get kicked off.

There definitely sounds like some confusion.

ok, so sounds like this is not possible.

What I was trying to say is. I can't use the MQ2 software and play. I can login and play my toons without it. Since his computer is offline. I just wanted to be able to install the software to use mq2 on my own computer fort the time being.

ok, so sounds like this is not possible.

What I was trying to say is. I can't use the MQ2 software and play. I can login and play my toons without it. Since his computer is offline. I just wanted to be able to install the software to use mq2 on my own computer fort the time being.
if you're trying to get setup with MacroQuest make sure to check out the >>> New User / Returning User Videos Here <<<

Last edited:
someone brought up that instead you might be trying to get the eqbc server running. is this what you're trying to do?

in which case you can launch eqbcs with your MQ when you startup using the VV launcher

1658849140943.png

the "default" and recommended/suggested method for broadcast and communication management is Dannet, which there is a video for in what i linked above - dannet doesn't require a server at all, and that would be suggested to use

It says I'm not connected to the /bccmd so I'm unable to fully control other characters

I'm very sorry for the confusion. I have no experience on this type of things so it is really difficult for me to articulate what I'm trying to say. I get a message that. You are not connected. Use /bccmd connection to establish a connection.

It says I'm not connected to the /bccmd so I'm unable to fully control other characters

I'm very sorry for the confusion. I have no experience on this type of things so it is really difficult for me to articulate what I'm trying to say. I get a message that. You are not connected. Use /bccmd connection to establish a connection.
my suggestion would be to use dannet, which has a video in what i shared previously, and not use eqbc at all

if you still want to use eqbc you will have to run the server, and then connect to it

the good news is you can run the server by just clicking the box on the RG launcher like i showed

> MQ2EQBC Overview <
>> EZ EQBC Guide <<

the bad news is with eqbc you also have to worry about your firewall and other potential issues.

i sincerely suggest using dannet and not having to worry about much

but once you have the server running, you just have all your dudes connect to it

if same pc you can just follow the > eqbc instructions < and do the following on each toon:

/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1
/bccmd set autoconnect on

As @Sic Suggested using Dannet is easy to learn. Getting set up for the first time is confusing at first but in a week or 2 you will have full hotbars controlling your crew. For stuff like using Gate abilites or fellowship insignias even XP pots.if you have any questions please DM me or ping me somewhere and I will assist you the best I can

As @Sic Suggested using Dannet is easy to learn. Getting set up for the first time is confusing at first but in a week or 2 you will have full hotbars controlling your crew. For stuff like using Gate abilites or fellowship insignias even XP pots.if you have any questions please DM me or ping me somewhere and I will assist you the best I can
Thank you for you help

Problem - Need help getting setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back