• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Need a smart way to make my Mage use his Gather Capacity (mana buff) on two occasions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,590¢
I have it in his Kiss ini file to use when his mana gets low. If it is set at high percentage he uses it mid battle which is bad because it takes ages to cast. So I have it set at low % so he can use 90% of his mana in a big fight and then only uses it when he really needs it.

The problem is that sometimes when I'm camping something he will be sitting for ages on around 20-40% mana. It gets up to 40 ish then I get repops and he is back down to 20%, and it hovers around that forever. So I set up a DownShit to have him use it whenever he is low and not in combat. The downshit was like this:

downshit1=/if (!${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Me.PctMana} < 63 && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Gather Capacity"

I really like how he now uses it outside of combat if it is available and he is low. The problem with this is that it stops him from medding for some reason. I also had a condition in there to check if the ability was ready, and it caused him to keep standing up and trying to cast it even when it was on CD. So I removed that condition but now he just stays standing an doesn't med.

Any idea how I can do a better job of this? :p

one will fire during combat if oyu are low, the other will fire outside of combat if oyu missing about quarter your mana.
Rich (BB code):
Buffs10=Gather Magnitude|Mana|35
BuffsCond10=${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}
Buffs11=Gather Magnitude|Mana|75
BuffsCond11=!${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]

Post your mage's ini and other MQ2melee downs/holies if you have them.

When the mage casts Gather, is he climbing above your KA MedStart percentage? Maybe set that higher so he'll sit back down if not in combat.

Buffs will also cast it on downtime if you don't want to use a down.
Rich (BB code):
Buffs19=Gather Capability|Mana|63

Thanks putting it buffs with a condition is perfect and simpler. I should have thought of that to begin with /facepalm! Been getting too excited about making holys and downs :p Although they are working out great for my warrior, but I gotta remember to try to do everything in KA and only use the holy/downs if all else fails.

one will fire during combat if oyu are low, the other will fire outside of combat if oyu missing about quarter your mana.
Rich (BB code):
Buffs10=Gather Magnitude|Mana|35
BuffsCond10=${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}
Buffs11=Gather Magnitude|Mana|75
BuffsCond11=!${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]

Has KISS changed the fact that buffs inherently do not fire during combat, as long as you've used a condition? Was that restriction removed?

hmm i am unaware of this restriction, buffs will normally not fire during combat, but mana and end tagged buffs will so you can use them during combat to regain mana.

Question - Need a smart way to make my Mage use his Gather Capacity (mana buff) on two occasions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back