• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MySEQ

Software MySEQ (1 Viewer) 2022-04-25

Full screen map on second computer with spawn time tracker. I know MQ2 will give me all the info I want but MySEQ makes easy to see at all times. Plus MySEQ can be up and running before MQ2 after patches and map is the most important part of MQ2 to me.

This is the address for d/l'ing MySEQ.

http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5498

The guys at ShowEQ are keeping the older FREE version up and running. They are at version 1.9xx now. This is a great mapping program for eq and there are some great people at ShowEQ keeping this up and running.

If you go to the old MySEQ site they talk about a beta test version 3.0 but it is not easily available (I have donated and can't get working copy).

For me the 2 biggest features of MySEQ are:

1- You can have a full screen map up at all times that also lists spawns you are interested in on a second computer.

2- Frequently MySEQ is up long before MQ2 after patches so you can get your mapping features back quicker and for me that is by far the most important feature of MQ2.

If you like MySEQ make sure you donate to the people that openly support it at the ShowEQ site (not the old MySEQ site).

Hi there,

RedGuides and its members have been good to me and I have received donations from you for my work on MQ2, so now I like to give something back as a special thank you.

This is a custom built MySEQ I just pulled the latest source today and added in "concolors per level".

Basically what this does for you, is that you can select a level and all the mobs on the map will con according to that level.
Try it out, if you don't like it, go back to the previous version.
Source is in the zip as well as precompiled binaries.

If you do compile yourself, its real easy, just unzip and open the MySEQ.sln file as admin and select the Release Build Configuration and hit F7 a couple times.
NOTE: Visual Studio 2010 sp1 or newer is needed to build this version.

FIRST TIME USERS OF MYSEQ READ THIS:
1. Download Zip here: Latest MySEQ
2. Unzip it.
3. Open the Release Folder.
4. Optional if u downloaded the zip that includes maps, skip this step: Copy your EverQuest Maps to the Maps folder in \Release\Maps
5. Go to MySEQ-Help-Desk and download latest myseqserver.ini
6. make sure you have the latest offsets in your myseqserver.ini from the above site.
7. Start Server.exe as admin
8. Start myseq.exe as admin
9. Optional: Change background to black in myseq.

SCREENSHOT:
myseq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: MySEQ Open 2.3.1.2 EqMule build

its a map that runs outside of eq. (that's much better than the ingame, cause it has a list of mobs and more, run it and find out.

eqmule, i don't suppose you know the link for the tutorial on all the functions of MySEQ. i remember seeing it a long time ago, but can't find it now... might be helpful for those who don't know about how to use it or what it does.

nope don't know, this is so basic that one really isn't needed:

1. Start server.exe
2. start myseq.exe

log into eq and play look at the window, click around on the controls check out stuff... rightclick a mob or your level 20 plee to set concolor by its level, to see what mobs are looking like for him on the map...

I use it all the time when I powerlevel using my druid, makes it easy to pull all mobs in zone that are for example yellow to the level 20.

How exactly does this work? Are you saying the client decides which mobs will autoaggro? Or does this actually affect XP gain? O_O

Lucent, it's a map. It will show you all the mobs on the screen (used to be as little dots, etc) that you can tell where they are in relation to your guy, etc. The only way it affects xp gain is by virtue of you knowing exactly where a mob is, what level it is, etc and thus don't waste time running around "looking" but that's it.

Huh what? A zone where u control the level of mobs? And can level your live toons? Can SOE detect what you do there? /omg

Huh what? A zone where u control the level of mobs? And can level your live toons? Can SOE detect what you do there? /omg

Lol, you just set your effective level in MySEQ to change the con colors. nothing actually gets changed.

Just returning to EQ and would love to have mySEQ working. I DL'ed the file...Thank you eqmule and followed the directions in the .ini to locate the new offsets. Unfortunately I can only get as far as pTarget. Using the WS command I get a list of spawns, but no addresses for the pSpawn. If I load up the server and client I see the zone name and spawn numbers but no details so I assume I have correctly used FZ and FT to locate the zone and target info. I was wondering if someone might share the latest offsets.

before playing with macroquest I used this for years its great to see it back alive again , the coolest part imho was it would tell you what they were holding so if you was after a named with a weapon it would tell you if he had it :) had a spawn timer and everything so farming was much easier :)

before playing with macroquest I used this for years its great to see it back alive again , the coolest part imho was it would tell you what they were holding so if you was after a named with a weapon it would tell you if he had it :) had a spawn timer and everything so farming was much easier :)

Wait... this tells you what mobs will drop prior to the kill!?

A bit of a necro, but it's been awhile since I have done it!

I was hunting Nameds in the courtyard in HoT zone in and I wanted the MySEQ map to do something to help know which mob was a named. I couldn't find much in the way of a guide (ppl asked, and were told not needed). So I played around with various menu options.

Right click on a Named and select Add Zone Hunt Alert Filter. This will popup a fresh blank XML outline of the various filters for the current zone. Later you can edit your work by File - Edit Zone Alerts.

Mine looks like this:

Rich (BB code):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE seqfilters SYSTEM "seqfilters.dtd">
<seqfilters>
    <section name="Hunt">
        <oldfilter><regex>Name:#Nightscale</regex></oldfilter>
		<oldfilter><regex>Name:#Fearhowler</regex></oldfilter>
		<oldfilter><regex>Name:#Gristle</regex></oldfilter>
		<oldfilter><regex>Name:#Fearsniffe</regex></oldfilter>
		<oldfilter><regex>Name:#Giblets</regex></oldfilter>
    </section>
    <section name="Caution">
    </section>
    <section name="Danger">
    </section>
    <section name="Locate">
    </section>
    <section name="Alert">
    </section>
    <section name="Filtered">
    </section>
    <section name="Email">
    </section>
</seqfilters>

It flashes a larger round dot when any of them spawn making it real easy for me to know when and where they spawn. Enjoy!

Oh, and the file that gets created in this case is thulehouse1.xml under the Filters dir under MySEQ.

Last edited:
** Update **

It dawned on me that I could get the same 'Named' functionality without having to know what all the 'Nameds' were simply by using # in one line:
Rich (BB code):
<oldfilter><regex>Name:#</regex></oldfilter>
Then I noticed the Find Mob box along the top. So I put '#' in there and hit Find Mob and voila it marked every named on the map with a blinking expanding circle. Silly me, maybe it really is easy...

Sure sure, I'm working on a regex to filter out things like invisible men, books, ACTORDEF (sp) etc... as I encounter names that are missed I will update the regex. Kinda the whole beauty of regular expressions... I however only know what I know, when I discover more, I adapt. Right now, # is working better than anything else I knew of and the only thing that makes it less than ideal is that it picks a couple of things I don't want, I shall fix that.

Besides, # is good enough for KA (triggers Burn), may not be get them all, and if there is a way to generically pick up the missed ones I will put that in my regex. Work in progress but a huge advantage over the blank map. If someone else already has all the regex figured please feel free to share.

I have a lot of experience using MySEQ. I have used it pretty much since it was available. It is the first thing I download when I come back to EQ.
I have it working on my main box right now with zero issues, but I can't for the life of me get it working on my second box. (its a semi-complicated reason I want MySEQ.exe running on my second computer, but it doesn't matter why).

My 2nd PC isn't anything fancy, AMD Phenom II X6 3.3GHZ with 8 gig ram - it runs 6 toons very cleanly with zero issues. I have updated .NET and Microsoft Visual C++, windows 10 is activated and up to date. all my drivers are up to date.

When I launch MySEQ after 2-3 seconds i get a

MySEQ Open Client has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Event Viewer Log
Rich (BB code):
Fault bucket 129516157465, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: myseq.exe
P2: 2.4.1.0
P3: 54d7e9fd
P4: System
P5: 2.0.0.0
P6: 58dc2bf0
P7: 211b
P8: 54
P9: System.IO.FileLoadException
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE528.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF8CC.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF8DD.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_myseq.exe_69e57f3170bd25e2fc7991ea79d206f983c8e8_00000000_12f39134

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: ead056b7-09d1-46f8-b209-c6c145ab7c78
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 48b821b2d12fb39fd4dacee5c8ea1c67

I dont know what is going on.. SEQ was working great then about 10 minutes ago it just stopped working. Reinstalled, updated offsets, etc... nothing I do will make it work, no error messages nothing.. Start server works ok, shows it is listening.......start the porgram, it will not even try to connect... it shows no errors, simply sits, then, then the server will show connected, but it does not show toon name or zone the toon is in on the server all settings it is weird. Any ideas

- - - Updated - - -

I found the problem, but I have no clue how to fix it. If you are in the Windows Insider program, and MySEQ server is running on Win 10 build 16257.rs3 and the machine you are running the client on is NOT the same build, then for some reason it will not sync with the server. My two machines that do NOT have Insider preview editions work fine, client/server, Yestersday the client machine, did not have the same build as the server. Overnight the client machine was updated, and all is well. To test this, I put the client program on a current 10 pro 64bit machine, and tried to connect to a build 16257 machine, no joy, they would not sync. The status would show connected, but Zone and Character would not. Talk about panic mode. MySEQ is a major tool for me. It's like GPS for EQ. Without it I am lost.
Conclusion Build 16257 has changes that breaks MySEQ unless both client and server are running build 16257.

I have seen similar issues when your windows firewall is on, try turning the firewall off. Also try changing the AUTO field in the top left corner to your toons actuall level. When your offsets are not up to date this breaks.

Are the offsets correct? I updated them a few days ago and it was working fine. now I am getting "Failed to connect to port 5555" Check for a suitable port or currently running MySEQ server. this is with the 5/16/18 offsets.

Is there a place where I can read about audio alerts? The program itself leaves much to be desired in terms of instructions.

Mainly, I'm looking for an alert for the Ancient Cyclops as well as the Oracle of D'Arnon. I'd like the game to play an audio file anytime they spawn, but I can't find ANY place anywhere that will help me set up an alert. I know there are alerts in the game, but I'm unsure how to add them (except using HTML to edit the text file, which still leaves the question about audio alerts).

Please help!

Software MySEQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back