• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - My PC Setup - Zero Gravity Workstation (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,421¢
Hi All,

A couple of times now, I posted a picture of my IRL PC setup which garnered some interest. My setup is a commercial item with many options / models. The one option I really wanted was the ability to lean back so it takes pressure off of my spine by means of a motorized chair. Although, this feature wasn't built for that reason by the company, it is something I needed being in a chair with spinal issues for long work hours / leisure time. It even has a massage feature (not complicated, but it does work fairly well with the vibration on the back and lumbar) I also wanted to mount 5 monitors. Although you don't need to mount so many monitors if you didn't' want too. Check out the site, lots of options.

Anyway, for all interested in this, here is the link to the company who makes them: https://imperatorworks.com/

Shipping: They do ship by freight, so just a side note, make sure you hire a good furniture moving company to move it into your residence for you. The company only does curbside delivery. So, it's up to you to get it from the street to your living space. Or just make sure you have about 3 helpers and you are all strong enough to lift 400 lbs. (I think I am remembering the weight correctly)

Assembly: Nothing tricky here. Comes with instructions. And, honestly, anyone who can turn a screwdriver and a wrench can put these together. You will likely need assistance attaching the top piece to the base. It's heavy and awkward.

PC Location: There is a cubby to store a small PC box (think micro or smaller), so it's completely hidden. But I have a large desktop tower. So it sits on the outside of the unit. Not every model has this option to hide a PC box. But it was worth mentioning.

And here are a few shots of the set up I have. There are many different models and options. So they don't all look like mine. The dog is not included with the setup. :dance:

IMG_6555.JPGIMG_6556.JPGIMG_6206.JPGIMG_8883.JPG

*Note: These are pictures taken at different intervals of time where the room was in progress when the station was received. There is also a small box connected to the underside of the top assembly that isn't normally part of the unit. I installed this myself.

Let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to help.

will ferrell omg GIF

You can expect to pay somewhere between $2K-$5K depending on model and options. Not including any additional set up or delivery assistance you may need.
Thank you. I'm very interested in it. I'm suffering with a bunch of back and neck pain. How is it over 8-10 hours?

Never, I barely pass out at all from the pain. I can imagine someone who doesn't have extensive physical challenges would though. It is quite comfortable.
Ugh, sorry to hear that :(

I'm glad you were able to at least put something together to make it more bearable.

Hope you're doing well today.

Doc that is an amazing setup....though I wish you had it just to be uber and not because of cronic pain brother. If you can handle 21 hours straight it must be doing its job well. Thanks for posting the info...maybe one day!

IRL - My PC Setup - Zero Gravity Workstation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back