• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Multple EQ's on one machine (1 Viewer)

kronfu

RedCents
I am currently able to run two instances of EQ on 1 machine. I would like to bump that to three. However, evertime i start the third entance it crashes. I have eq running on threee different hard drives, and am using an AMD 64 X2 processor.

I am currently able to run two instances of EQ on 1 machine. I would like to bump that to three. However, evertime i start the third entance it crashes. I have eq running on threee different hard drives, and am using an AMD 64 X2 processor.

What OS are you running and how much memory do you have?

I am able to run three instances of Everquest off of the same hard drive with Vista on a P4 3.6 Ghz CPU (yes, I still have only ONE cpu). Vista sees 2.75 GBs of RAM on my machine. I also have two 8800 GTs in SLI mode for video cards.

A big help I found was using the MQ2WinXP plugin to /WinServices stop and /WinExplorer kill. Even then running three instances of Everquest still takes less than 2 Gbs of memory to accomplish and the CPU load hovers around 30% working it.

It's definitely possible, just need a bit more info on your machine first.

Here is what I did. I actually stored EQ in three different locations. #1 D:\EQ1, #2 E:\EQ2, and #3 E:\EQ3. The D partition is actually a SATA 10k rpm drive. I use that one for my main. Then I would run #2 and 3. I run a single MQ2 and it works fine though out all of them. If I ever needed a forth account up I would simply fire up #2 or #3 a second time.

By the way this was all with the following specs:

AMD 64 3000+ (2.01GHz)
3GB RAM
WinXP Pro (32bit)
GeForce 6800 (512MB) AGP!

I would also run MQ2WinXP and shutdown all of the erroneous services and explorer.exe.

Here is what I did. I actually stored EQ in three different locations. #1 D:\EQ1, #2 E:\EQ2, and #3 E:\EQ3. The D partition is actually a SATA 10k rpm drive. I use that one for my main. Then I would run #2 and 3. I run a single MQ2 and it works fine though out all of them. If I ever needed a forth account up I would simply fire up #2 or #3 a second time.

By the way this was all with the following specs:

AMD 64 3000+ (2.01GHz)
3GB RAM
WinXP Pro (32bit)
GeForce 6800 (512MB) AGP!

I would also run MQ2WinXP and shutdown all of the erroneous services and explorer.exe.

So when you do this with EQ do you have 3 seperate EQ folders? one on the main drive and 2 on the second partition?

Multple EQ's on one machine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back