• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Multiple groups (1 Viewer)

Free_Sid

RedCents
495¢
Can I run a second group on one computer if they are in different zones? im just wondering if follow and other stuff would be messed up? should i run a second group on another computer until they are ready to form a small raid party? any help appreciated.

I like using EQBCS for the /bcga or /bcaa functions.

I am sure DANNET has the same stuff? but im just familer with /bca :)

You can also set it for class name, direct name. I keep raid/bcaa commands on seperate pages of hotbars, amd just roll them to active when raiding (para, shaman AA, mod rods, burns, glyphs and such)

Can I run a second group on one computer if they are in different zones? im just wondering if follow and other stuff would be messed up? should i run a second group on another computer until they are ready to form a small raid party? any help appreciated.

I've had 3-4 groups logged in and in the same zone before (emu servers) and each doing their own thing without any problems. As @durango773 mentioned, using /bcg and /bcga commands through EQBCS they won't interfere with each other while still in the same server.

I am not familiar with Dannet either, but chances are it is the same or better.

yup, i run multiple groups on multiple PCs (and same pc) usually all doing something different.

Make sure you have mq2say and other things setup for toons that you aren't going to have focus on etc

I like using EQBCS for the /bcga or /bcaa functions.

I am sure DANNET has the same stuff? but im just familer with /bca :)

You can also set it for class name, direct name. I keep raid/bcaa commands on seperate pages of hotbars, amd just roll them to active when raiding (para, shaman AA, mod rods, burns, glyphs and such)
I started with EQBCS aas well, then switched to Dannet and NEVER looked back. When I mentioned group functions, I meant actual Dannet Groups. You can set Casters, Melee, Tanks, Bards, Healers, Nonbards, Test, Coolchars, Fun, Pullers, Chocolatelovers, fruitcakes, etc etc.

/dex fruitcakes /dosomething and every member of fruitcakes will process that command independent of the rest as it will only go to those members.

I run 2 groups on 1 computer dif zones alot have that Lua button master all set up with buttons with specifics for each group and some for all for raids. works great once you workout your buttons like everyone says above. be warned its like chicken math starting down the road with a second grp, one toon turned into a whole group, then a second group turns into 5 groups, turns into more computers, turns into even more groups on other servers.

I started with EQBCS aas well, then switched to Dannet and NEVER looked back. When I mentioned group functions, I meant actual Dannet Groups. You can set Casters, Melee, Tanks, Bards, Healers, Nonbards, Test, Coolchars, Fun, Pullers, Chocolatelovers, fruitcakes, etc etc.

/dex fruitcakes /dosomething and every member of fruitcakes will process that command independent of the rest as it will only go to those members.

That alone sounds amazing. I need to experiment with it now.

Im just trying to get my second group to follow me. Currently i have to move group 1 get them settled and move group two. With the camp fire it makes it a lot easier but I would like to have all the kids with me when traveling so we can destroy stuff.

Im just trying to get my second group to follow me. Currently i have to move group 1 get them settled and move group two. With the camp fire it makes it a lot easier but I would like to have all the kids with me when traveling so we can destroy stuff.
Use Lua Chase as an option. You can set individual target, MA, etc. You can also use Dannet and instead of /dgga, you can use /dga, /dgza, /dgze, etc etc with /nav spawns, nav targets (not as recommended). The MQ world is your oyster.

Question - Multiple groups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back