• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQItemColor (1 Viewer)

RedCents
427¢
How does one install this into the MQNext folder? I am a fast learner, and I hate to waste someone's time. Be safe, and take care.

Last edited:
Ortster submitted a new resource:

MQItemColor - Changes the background color of items depending on item type

View attachment 14767
MQItemColor

MQItemColor changes the background color of your items depending on the type of item, making sorting much easier. Right now it handles Quests, Tradeskill, Collectiable, No Trade and Attunable items.

View attachment 14766

Default colors
Tradeskill: Yellow (F0F000)
Quest: Purple (F01DFF)
Collectible: Orange (FF8C20)
No Trade: Red (FF2020)
Attunable: Cyan (6BBAFF)...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just submitted the resource, this is by @Ortster and they've done a great job. Ortster, tell the people about your creation so they can give you some Redcent love.

Till it gets added in to the MQNext build its a "build your own" situation. But should be added more than likely on the next build.

There are a handful of improvements I am looking to make in my free time, such as better settings toggling. I would like to add more coloring options as well if anyone has any suggestions. Bonus points if those suggestions include where it would fit in the coloring order, even even more if you have a suggestion on the color to use.

For now it replicates decently what MQ2SlotColors was doing for those of us that were missing it while using MQNext.

I reworked a bit how No Trade works on Firiona.

By default items that are No Trade on other servers but not on Firiona will not be colored.
If for some reason you want to color items that are Tradeable on FV but No Trade on other servers, you can set the "FVNormalNoTrade" setting to 1.

Is there a way to adjust the color intensity? It is a bit too faint to see the lighter colors like yellow. They were a lot more visible in the regular version for me

Attachments

• tempor.JPG
    tempor.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 43
Is there a way to adjust the color intensity? It is a bit too faint to see the lighter colors like yellow. They were a lot more visible in the regular version for me

To get the background texture that gives things more of a "pop" to show up you'll need to do a "/reload" or "/reloadui". Only needed if the plugin hasn't been loaded before. If the plugin is set to auto load you won't need to do it again, should show up every time you start your client.

The next MQNext build "should" include a couple improvements to MQItemColor
- Settings changeable from the MQ Settings Window. On/Off Toggles and Color Choosers for each color.
- Heirloom color option added. Off by default and default color is a silver/white.

Just learning about MQItemColor plugin, was looking to see if I could load it using the PluginManager v1908 but could not see it on the list. Does this have something to do with it being called MQ with no no. 2?

I don't know if this was intentional, but noticed recently that the plugin looks only at the flags on base items, but not final result after adding augments. For instance, I have a tradeable necklace, but it has a nodrop augment in it. The plugin does not color code the necklace as notrade(red default), but has a transparent background based on the item default. I don't know about others, but would prefer the item be color coded based on the current setting, not default.

Really love this plugin.

Would be real cool if it were possible to have colors for multi-tagged items. ie set tradeskill to blue, quest to red, and set tradeskill+quest to purple.

Really love this plugin.

Would be real cool if it were possible to have colors for multi-tagged items. ie set tradeskill to blue, quest to red, and set tradeskill+quest to purple.
The flags it currently works on are Quest, Tradeskill, Collectible, Heirloom, NoTrade, Attuneable. You could probably combine the colors, but it would likely be hard to tell which is which just by combining their default colors and something that is multiple would likely be some shade of brown at that point. However, if the only thing you want is Tradeskill + Quest, that's doable.

The flags it currently works on are Quest, Tradeskill, Collectible, Heirloom, NoTrade, Attuneable. You could probably combine the colors, but it would likely be hard to tell which is which just by combining their default colors and something that is multiple would likely be some shade of brown at that point. However, if the only thing you want is Tradeskill + Quest, that's doable.

Yeah the latter is sort of what I mean, though not so much that the plugin merges the colors. More like an additional section after Attunable called "Custom Multi" (perhaps), with check boxes for all the above types, and whatever boxes you check (again, for example Quest + Tradeskill) has Normal/Rollover colors to be applied separately (as in, would override whatever would have been applied with either single tag).

I'm not savvy enough with UI coding to begin to guess how much work that would be, but hopefully the the logic at least makes sense.

Ortster updated MQItemColor with a new update entry:

〰️Commits​

Comment out texture set function to avoid crash when creating hotbutton for item that has custom texture applied. Temporary until better fix can be found
(c2ce965) ~Ortster
Merge branch 'Tempfix-For-HotButton-Crash-On-Create' into 'main'

Comment out texture set function to avoid crash when creating hotbutton for...

See merge request...

Read the rest of this update entry...

There is a possible issue with the new UI engine causing a crash when creating an item hot button for an item that has the custom "glow" texture applied to it. Items that have the normal texture work fine and won't cause a crash. So items that don't fall into a coloring category are always fine.

I added a setting to Enable/Disable using the "glow" texture, Enabled by default. Till I can find a better workaround you can disable the use of the texture if you need to create an item hot button. Again, only an issue for items that fall into a coloring category and have the glow texture applied.

1685658053308.png

Ortster updated MQItemColor with a new update entry:

〰️Commits​

Add setting for using custom glow texture, defaulted on. User can turn off to prevent crashing for now when creating item hot buttons
(c1f6bd0) ~Ortster
Merge branch 'Add-Texture-Use-Option' into 'main'

Add setting for using custom glow texture, defaulted on. User can turn off to...

See merge request Ortster/MQItemColor!13

Read the rest of this update entry...

Plugin - MQItemColor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back