• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Macro - MQ2Twist (Bard Songs with CD and using clickys) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
70¢
Can someone help me with mq2twist?
verse of vesagran has a 15s recast so it gets stuck in a loop until its cd is off. How do I fix this?
using clickies--- how do I get the bard to stop twisting for clickies then start up again?

Are you just using MQ2Twist or are you using another program that relies on MQ2Twist?

csharp:
/if ${Cast.Ready[Verse of Vesagran] /return True
if you are using it in like ModBot

You could probably go into your MQ2Melee .ini where the twist settings are stored and modify them like

25_CastTime=10
25_ReCastTime=150
25_Name=Verse of Vesagran

but I've never modified it, Like I say I use a pre-condition for Modbot for VoV

this is it:
downflag0=1
downshit0=/if (${Spell[Myrmidon's Skill IX].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Myrmidon's Skill IX].ID} && !${Me.Moving}) /casting "Pauldrons of Punishment"

basically no matter what I do it stays twisting...
eventually it will force the buff to fire but it does not stop song it just happens between twists

and verse still sticks even though supposedly it is supposed to automatically know it has a cd on it
I put this in my ini as well

[MQ2Twist]
Delay=33
Quiet=0
Adjust=1
Recast=0
21_CastTime=3
21_ReCastTime=16
21_Name=Verse of Vesagran

I wonder if it has to do with me using kissassist?

my kiss ini reads like this:
I ended up giving up on having it as a buff (verse of vesagran) my sword and nature's melody have issues firing off as well

[General]
KissAssistVer=11.001
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=0|98
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
CastingInterruptOn=0
EQBCOn=1
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Bard|70|GOLD
DPSMeter=0
ScatterOn=0
TwistOn=1
TwistMed=Mana song gem
TwistWhat=1 2 3 4 5
XTSlot=0

[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=100
StickHow=!front loose 10
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
MeleeTwistOn=1
MeleeTwistWhat=12 5 2 12 3
TargetSwitchingOn=1

[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist

[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=2
Buffs1=Nature's Melody
Buffs2=Songblade of the Eternal
Buffs3=Verse of Vesagran
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=15
PowerSource=NULL
Buffs2=NULL

you only need to cast myrmidon's once. ever. and then you have the buff forever. you can click the icon off, you still have it. just click your shoulders once and then you're done.

you only have buffsize=2 so your third buff is never going to fire. but i wouldn't put a song in buffs like that, just work it into your twist.

wish i knew what songs you have. your ooc twist is 1 2 3 4 5 and your combat twist is 12 5 2 12 3. i assume verse is song 12? there is no need to repeat it with only a 4 song combat twist because it's not going to be ready where you have it listed the second time. which shouldn't matter with the recent changes to how eq will skip songs if they aren't ready, but still.

from my own experience, KA bards and mq2melee do not get along. so if you can set melee to 0 and get anything out of there and into KA, you'll have a lot better chance of making things happen as you want. KA can do everything melee can.

your nature's melody and songblade should fire in the buffs section. for whatever reason, i recently had to add a dual tag to my sword to stop it from spamming. i also put a me on my nature's melody with a condition check to see if i had recently died.

INI:
Buffs3=Nature's Melody|Me|Cond10
Buffs4=Rapier of Somber Notes|Dual|Symphony of Battle
Cond10=!${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID}

as far as dicking around in the twist section ... idk, man, i'd just delete the entire thing and let KA write it as it sees fit!

you only need to cast myrmidon's once. ever. and then you have the buff forever. you can click the icon off, you still have it. just click your shoulders once and then you're done.

you only have buffsize=2 so your third buff is never going to fire. but i wouldn't put a song in buffs like that, just work it into your twist.

wish i knew what songs you have. your ooc twist is 1 2 3 4 5 and your combat twist is 12 5 2 12 3. i assume verse is song 12? there is no need to repeat it with only a 4 song combat twist because it's not going to be ready where you have it listed the second time. which shouldn't matter with the recent changes to how eq will skip songs if they aren't ready, but still.

from my own experience, KA bards and mq2melee do not get along. so if you can set melee to 0 and get anything out of there and into KA, you'll have a lot better chance of making things happen as you want. KA can do everything melee can.

your nature's melody and songblade should fire in the buffs section. for whatever reason, i recently had to add a dual tag to my sword to stop it from spamming. i also put a me on my nature's melody with a condition check to see if i had recently died.

INI:
Buffs3=Nature's Melody|Me|Cond10
Buffs4=Rapier of Somber Notes|Dual|Symphony of Battle
Cond10=!${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID}

as far as dicking around in the twist section ... idk, man, i'd just delete the entire thing and let KA write it as it sees fit!

The main issue of course is Verse gets stuck unless I write something like 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 5 then its off cd. If I activate it and use it in buffs it will randomly fire it off because twist overrides everything it seems. And I have done it with and without melee. I am using melee because of holy and down to maintain certain clickies. So basically it does use the sword and natures melody buff and verse but not consistently it has to squeak in between a pause in the cycle of the kiss twisting. Twist never shuts down when I click a clickie or try and cast something else. I read that it relies on mq2cast with a variable of Normal=normal but that does not do a auto stop song and then cast a clicky or buff.

12 is a slow so I want it firing off more than 1 time in case it doesnt stick to a group of mobs. 5 Verse of Vesagran. 2 is song of storms and 3 is Eriks psalm.
I'd suggest moving the slow to the [DPS] section with a condition like
INI:
cond#=!{Target.Slowed.ID}
and remove it from the twist entirely.
Also, have you tried VoV in the DPS section instead of twist?
KissAssist *should* be pausing the main twist to cast DPS items and then resume once DPS is done. I've seen it plenty on my 110 bard.

I'd suggest moving the slow to the [DPS] section with a condition like
INI:
cond#=!{Target.Slowed.ID}
and remove it from the twist entirely.
Also, have you tried VoV in the DPS section instead of twist?
KissAssist *should* be pausing the main twist to cast DPS items and then resume once DPS is done. I've seen it plenty on my 110 bard.

I could try that. Is there a conditional that checks all enemies in radius to see if they are slowed?
I have indeed tried it in multiple locations. DPS, BUFFS and in the Twist in Various ways. In a Twist unless I sloppy mode put multiple twists in there it gets stuck when its on CD. In Buffs and DPS just like the current clickies its all RNG if it squeaks by in between the Twist.
It is comical that the most automated toon has issue with an automated system...
I am at a loss as to how to fix the loop on CD and the fact I cant consistently cast clickies or buffs while twisting. From what I have read and as you have stated it should be stopping for buffs and clickies then resuming.

what could I put in these conditions to say if twist stop twist then start again twisting?

downflag0=1
downshit0=/if (${Spell[Myrmidon's Skill IX].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Myrmidon's Skill IX].ID} && !${Me.Moving}) /casting "Pauldrons of Punishment"

if I use a condition in buffs similar I think it will work properly. I am not too great with conditionals yet.. still newb in mq2

So I was super Excited last night I won a Nature's Melody on my raid. But today I am frustrated as I have no idea how to get it to work with Mule assist or Mq2Twist or anything lol. Any advise or set up would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

A Very confused Bard.

Macro - MQ2Twist (Bard Songs with CD and using clickys)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back