• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2Task (gets tasks from anywhere in the zone) (1 Viewer)

JoeK said:
If you have DoDH, you can shroud yourself down to 65 (or whatever) and go do the task. If you don't have DoDH, someone should gift it to you.

:)

yeah that'll happen :)

thanks for the idea though, now just need a walkthrough to go through exactly what you guys are going through.

i have a list of tasks i can give you let me dig them up
I was getting them at level 42 in the overthere from taskmaster Klok G'rshai
829 29
855 29
881 29
634 29

What happens is to do any of these more than once i have to get it the legit way first and after ending the task request it again before about 10 minutes or it doesnt get the task. most of these will only let me do them twice using the plugin

EDIT: oh you cant get these tasks past 47 and i havent seen these tasks pop up on the list for 3 days now since i did them

odessa said:
if this happens do you mind letting me know the taskmaster and the two #s so I can check?
Thanks

Rich (BB code):
3739 5
3795 5
3759 5
3731 5

also befor the task master number uset to be 9

Rich (BB code):
3739 9
3795 9
3759 9
3731 9

had same results before at 9 and after at 5
but it been consistantly 5 for me for some time

also if you like i could post a full list of like 100+ task numbers all have the same result...... in like 4 diferent zones and at diferent level requirements

bottom line is you must get the task legitly then you can use the "/task # #"

and if you log or crash when you log in again you muyst again get the task legitly befor the "/task" will work again

let me know if you like a full list of all the task numbers and taskmasters i done.... if it will help development.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

odessa said:
Could you please put names/zones to those numbers so I can go there and check?
I think after the patch once MQ2 is fixed I might check this out finally.

ZONE: DREADLANDS
TaskMaster: Marana
Rich (BB code):
Lookout Below    Task 3739
Mystic Ring    Task 3795
Scary Caves    Task 3759
Giant Expedition    Task 3731

Last edited:
Could you please put names/zones to those numbers so I can go there and check?
I think after the patch once MQ2 is fixed I might check this out finally.

I Have used this I dreadlands with the Marana Taskmaster. I used this with Lookoutbelow, scary caves, Mystic Rings & giant outpost. The taks numbers have not changed but the Taskmaster number changed from 6 to 5. I was thrown for a loop at first just updating the task #. I was trying to run the macro but it would not work. Then I noticed the taskmaster # changed & it works well for me now.

Taskmasters# is NPC# in the zone, I guess they can change, maybe someone kills them or zone repops or sony takes em out, etc whatever happens when NPC enters a zone brand new they get an ID that hasn't been assigned yet, that's why you see the id difference.
The best way to fix it is to do
/task task# ${Spawn[NPCName].ID}

this way your script will always have proper ID for the NPC and you can forget about it.

I tried getting a task, I got the numbers, I logged off, I did /task with those numbers and it worked :( so I wasn't able to recreate the problem.

odessa said:
I tried getting a task, I got the numbers, I logged off, I did /task with those numbers and it worked :( so I wasn't able to recreate the problem.

ok i trying this again.... went to dreadlands got numbers to make sure i had them right..... tryed command again and still not actually geting task..... i see it spew the info in the mq wnd but i bring up the quest wnd and nothing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOLY FRACKIN CHOCOLATE-SALTY-BALLS..............

i repeated the same exact steps as i have done 100es or 1000ands of times but for some act of god or some thing it is working now......

log in> got task to MAKE SURE i had number> log out> log in> /task> (HOLY SHIZA) i got a task........

ok so now im woundering wut changed because i know i have not done any thing diferent then befor....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ops got my hopes up.......

ok now from wut i can tell as long as you have got the task once at some point in time it should work

cleric /task 3795 6067 "Mystic Ring"
works fine now even after loging
but tryed on my chanter and not working so i maually task on chanter till...

/task 3759 6067 "Scary Caves"
witch now works on my chanter even after logging but i loged to cleric and SC not working

keep in mind, at least in my case it seems to be a flag after you receive it once

~~~~~~~~

ok it must have some type of timer asosiated with the flag because it not leting me do any of them now, on either toon

Last edited:
Ok started some of the tasks this morning, the tasks were

Marana Dreadflats

1. To the Castle (lev 59) 3766 15124
2 Lands of Dread (lv 59) 3786 15124

Only person in the zone and task 2 (Lands of Dread) changed one hour later to 3786 6075, then 30 minutes later it changed back to 3786 15124.

For 2 hours the /watchtask and /task # # worked like a charm and then suddenly I stopped getting the task actually assigned and the window popping for me, although I did get /task # # on my mq screen.

I logged out and in again. Manually grabbed a task and this worked for another half hour before same problem occurred.

I have no idea what's going on but something has definitely changed so passing it on :)

thenameless has a pretty good description of the problem.
Taskmaster number for me has only ever changed on patch days. Task number is always the same regardless of patches so far ....blah blah.

Never can get a task via /task # # I haven't previously gotten within say a half hour to 20 minutes ago. (Time specific flag)

Changing characters and issueing the /task # # I received on one character won't give the task unless I get it manually first then issue it. (Testing for character specific flag)

Getting *a* task in general, then issueing the /task # # command for a different task also doesn't work. (Tested for just a "general" task flag)

Lower level tasks , ones pre level 62, seem to be much more erratic with the task command. Usually it only works to get the task once or twice before failing to get it anymore. The only interesting part of this is that when it does fail to get the task, if you're using the Taskmaster.mac , it still registers as you "having the task" and it will still attempt to proceed. (Level restricted flag?!...But most likely lower tasks have something different coding wise..)

Completeing the tasks quickly seems to ensure more stability in the /task command. I.e. taking a minute and a half, and then issueing the command has never failed me. Once or twice taking over 5 minutes in one task then trying again has caused it to fail once or twice...

Interesting Mochilla as I am on the same server. Last night on 'The Nameless' I had one instance of the taskmaster changing codes, and 2 instances of the tasknumber changing. I can't see a pattern at all. When I get the first task manually, I may or may not be able to assign that same task again using the MQ2Task and I may or may not be able to successfully do it again in the next half hour. I have tried different characters, different levels, logging in and out, doing the tasks fast, doing the tasks slowly, using various taskmasters, I thought I might see a pattern occuring but it appears to be completely random. I can be successful 10 times in a row, the following day I may only be succesful twice before it folds up on me.
I am happy to do any footwork and testing you require Odessa, it would be interesting to know exactly what is going on here.

Keltia provide me with the task names you do, how long it takes you to do them on average (When you're trying for speed)and heres something else I do that might help or not....

When I get a task I want to lock in and do, I will grab it manually, put in the task code then or adjust it in my mac, then remove task myself so that I have none. Start my mac which is hardcoded to that task, and it will loop it forever until my computer crashes or EQ patches again :)

Also I noticed something, and its really odd. If you get some task numbers etc, have been doing a task. Then you log out /camp desktop.....etc . And log in immediately , it will still give you the task, but when it does the .ini Autotask comparison, it will act as though you do not have the valid task.

Another thing to notice is, that the "Task flag" (Imaginary and unproved at this point) you get when you first receive a task manually is holds the info for all the tasks available on that task window.

An example of this would be...Say you're offered these three tasks
Scary Caves
Giant Expedition
Mystic Ring

And you /task # # the Numbers for Mystic ring. When it goes to make sure you have the correct task and check the events. It will register the 2 previous names on the list also as possible task choices...When you only have Mystic ring in your assigned task window. Another example would be if you typed Giant expedition for your task...it would look at scary caves, then giant expedition before triggering the event to begin that Sub.

Remember, I'm talking about the task window that is given to you once you're assigned a task. Not the task select window where you decide.....Well whatever, report back specifics Keltia

No worries. I am not using the AutoTask.mac at the moment, to be honest I am a bit worried about zoning. I am on lower level cleric and trying to map the co-ordinates for some of the lower level (53-) scouting missions so that someone clever can add them to the macro expeditions.
The 53 Missions I have done are: (all co-ordinates available for these just ask)

Crater Rim Run #896 #15124 (MQ2Task allowed me to do this twice today before it failed to assign me the task. First time was manual and took me 20 minutes as I was plotting co-rdinates in case it is helpful for someone. Second time took me 6 minutes with it all hotkeyed in hotbuttons but i was manually walking across zone lines and added a /pause of 20 so that I wasn't TOO quick.

Carrying the Moon # not recorded # 15124 5 minutes, task completed 3 times. MQ2Task allowed me to do twice before it folded up on me

I Lost My Meteor! # ? # 15124, First time manually to record co-ordinates 12 minutes, was able to repeat task through MQ2Task once only (close to 5 mins)

Courtyard Delight # ? # 15124, MQ2Task allowed me to do this one twice @ 5-6 mins a piece

Level 58 on bard

Dreaded Giants # 3822, #15124 under 5 minutes MQ2Task allowed me to do this one over 10 times before it refused to actually assign to me

To The Castle! # 3766 # 15124 under 5 minutes MQ2Task allowed me 4 times

Lands of Dread! # 3786 # 6075 (note that Marana TaskMaster number has changed) MQ2Task allowed me 3 times @ 5 mins each, then changed to # 3686 # 15124 and allowed me twice before it would not assign any further

I tried to manually accept a few I didnt really want to do and then remove them in case it was detecting i do the same ones all the time but with no effect.
I also went to LOY and tried the taskmaster there with same problem.

Thats easy, but you can try that with some trial and error, I'm not posting it publicly since it'd ruin my exp...But having something automated running it gets it fast enough to never keep me out of a task. I was trying the taskmaster since level 40 though, and I found out that the lower level tasks don't work with this system.....so don't bother. Dreaded Giants/To the Castle etc may be the exception (The 57-61 tasks) since I have gotten them to work consecutively. Tasks lower than that though, give up on.

Is there a way to get the spawn ID just by targeting the mob seems they changed the spawn ID numbers or something?

Interesting observation:

I manually acquired my desired task, and was rolling along, using /task to continuously request that same task. Had a CTD due to network issues at my client end. Did not re-start MQ2, just re-started EQ. Re-start happened as quickly as the EQ login server would permit. When I came back up, I was able to successfully re-acquire my desired task.

Not sure what to make of this or what value it may be, but this sequence of events leads me to believe task persistence (or lack thereof) is (at least in part) tied to server-side activities. Prior experience had led me to believe some or most of "learning" tasks was cached client-side.

I spent an hour monitoring this today, out of sheer curiousity and Marana Dreadflats changed her i.d. 3 times in 1 hour, this is compared to yesterday when she remained i.d. 15124 for the 4 hours I checked intermittently. Today she changed from 3766 to 3786 to 15124 it seems rather random as at times she stayed the i.d. number for only 20 minutes, and other times she may stay for hours. What do you think?

Asking for the specific task worked for the first two tasks only and then not at all. Timed perhaps? or flagged in some way?
Asking for specific tasks did seem to work with 15 minutes break in between task requests. Problem still exists with not actually 'acquiring' the task with task instructions etc on the alt V tab window.

I'm not sure whats happening here (I am thick as a plank when it comes to this sort of thing anyway) but it does seem to be timed I think.

My taskmaster never changes numbers except on patch days. I think its a matter of getting one task locked in and doing it...then the TM won't change.

Even so, just use ${Spawn[soandso].ID} to get her ID prior to starting the task macro. (if this is the ID you speak of.)

-CodeCaster

Mochila said:
How the FUCK did I geta negative red cent for answering a question?

I dunno. I have once given you a red cent for a helpful remark. So then when you helped in this forum, I tried to give you another red cent cause this response listed here actually was very helpful to me and I appreciated your help. It would not let me give you another red cent (would have only been the 2nd ever to you from me) and it said that I needed to spread a little more reputation around before I could give you a red cent. So basically the whole "red cent" system is fucked up and not fair anyways as you cannot give red cents to who you want. I totally understand the "once per 24 hours"" thing...but to tell me I cannot give you another and have to give to others first? Well fuck it...redguides can decide for me then since I don't get to pick who I wanna give em to lmao.

So don't even worry about it...since the system isn't fair anyways...you're not really losing anything lol.

Kraze

Rofl I won't win anything with cents I was just wondering what kind of mentally retarded person gives a negative for info? Codecaster has over 100 Cents alone now...no one is even close.

Mochila said:
Rofl I won't win anything with cents I was just wondering what kind of mentally retarded person gives a negative for info? Codecaster has over 100 Cents alone now...no one is even close.

You gotta admit tho... I pump out an assload of info lmao. ;) I'm gonna be twitching while I am at home over the holiday and can only get on the computer once a day or less...

-CodeCaster

lol Mochilla, just answer every thread, even if you have no clue what you are talking about just keep posting shit that 'looks' like you are helping and you can get your cents in no time :)

MQ2Task (gets tasks from anywhere in the zone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back