• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2Task (gets tasks from anywhere in the zone) (1 Viewer)

odessa

RedCents
190¢
Here's a plugin that will get a task from anywhere in the zone where the proper taskmaster is.

the command is /task [tasknumber] [taskmaster]

to get proper tasknumber and taskmaster do /watchtask and get a task legit way, you will see the two numbers for example task:982 taskmaster:8

now you can get that mission from anywhere in the zone, just do /task 982 8

enjoy

p.s. enough people have this now, its lifetime is over :)

Last edited:
that is awesome. I wonder if anyone with more knowledge than me could set this up as a lvling macro, would definitely be less detectable than the other taskmasters, since you could be anywhere in zone

never really looked into that but I would assume sniff packet stream and decode it and figure it out from there. or it could be something in the active memory or even something more easy then that.

um i just started useing this and it seems that you have to actually get the task legitly the first time after you first log in.... then you can /task # # after you get it once..... is there something i am missing or not doing corectly or is this the way it is supost to work?

thenameless said:
um i just started useing this and it seems that you have to actually get the task legitly the first time after you first log in.... then you can /task # # after you get it once..... is there something i am missing or not doing corectly or is this the way it is supost to work?

It was not intended to be that way. I don't do tasks so I didn't test this extensively. If I do get the time I might check why what you say happens.

If you find anything else please let me know.

I wonder if I could use three toons to set up a leveling macro. Have the person you're farming AAs for stand in DL and get the tasks. I'm assuming the toon is level 70 so you'll get the Decaying Theatre task. Have another toon go to LOIO on a script to update the task. Now have a third toon in Veksar to path to the task update spot and auto kill the ten mobs that the quest wants you to whack. Sounds like I might have myself a new project to work on in my spare time!

Moonspell said:
I wonder if I could use three toons to set up a leveling macro. Have the person you're farming AAs for stand in DL and get the tasks. I'm assuming the toon is level 70 so you'll get the Decaying Theatre task. Have another toon go to LOIO on a script to update the task. Now have a third toon in Veksar to path to the task update spot and auto kill the ten mobs that the quest wants you to whack. Sounds like I might have myself a new project to work on in my spare time!

oh wow i been useing 62-65 level toons..... is the "Decaying Theatre task" a grp task?

As far as I can tell it is a single task, so only one toon would get credit for it. I can just see myself having another toon gaining free xp while I sleep with another toon in Nek farming the fairy MM.

On another note, if I get permission from a friend in my guild, I'll post the modified AFK fairy MM macro that doesn't use warp in Nek and also does not require you have the mq2fairy plugin.

ok so let me see if i get this right..... you can have the one toon you want to get xp in DL....... grp with others and the others can triger the task for the first toons task?

OK just tryd that..... seems to work only for the killing part not in the ones that tell yoou to explore

Hey, good point thenameless. I wasn't even thinking about how its a single person only task. Hmm, I'll have to sit down and think about how I want to do it now.

tasks from the taskmasters are solo tasks. I have never seen a shared task from them before and been doing them on numerous toons from lvl 10 to 66.

Moonspell said:
On another note, if I get permission from a friend in my guild, I'll post the modified AFK fairy MM macro that doesn't use warp in Nek and also does not require you have the mq2fairy plugin.

I actually think the fairy macro now is fine. No point pathing there if you can just send packets. GM's don't check packets, as proven heavily by Tone's abuse of them. Players would notice you running back and forth more than zoning in and out of the MM's I think. Plus they might figure you're actually active and try talking to you if you're moving around Nek.

Edit: Just saying this because there are lots, hordes, throngs, legions, zounds of people outside the fairy MM on my server....No one notices who goes in and out ....And if anyone picks up where I got my numbering ^^^^^ from....pat on the back for you

Can you request the same mission over & over again or is there a lock out timer for them even when using this plugin?

odessa said:
I am not releasing any of my sources, sorry.

no problem, completely understandable why one would not want to release the source

have you had a chance to look in to why you have to get the mission manually before the "/task # #" can be used?

Spartan said:
Can you request the same mission over & over again or is there a lock out timer for them even when using this plugin?

From my experience yes..... but you have to actually get the mission you want manually before using the "/task" command, but after that you can get the same mission over and over again, until you log out or crash, then you have to request the task again normally

hey, sorry never got to it, working on many other things now and since I've actually never ever done a task this is of low priority :)

I believe the reason you have to get the task first, is because the taskmaster changes. One despawns, another spawns, we see no difference, but I have gotten a task master number 5 and 13 I think it was from the same person in DL. The tasks are the same number, but until one is activated it is not doable. once activated, it is listed active in some database, so you are able to do it over and over until you lose that connection.
Just my theory.

Agree with Taekee. Definitely looks like some kind of queue is instantiated client-side, then populated by new values as calls are made to the server for tasks

well i have seen 9 and 5 for task master numbers but, i guess the real question is how can we fix this.... also note that even after updateing the taskmaster number i have same effect withthe /task must manually get task then i can use /task

I have to get the task first. the taskmaster or task # never changes though. over 3-4 days the task number remains the same for each task. If you crash or log you will have to manually get the task again b4 you can request it

could you tell me where I can get some low level (~30) taks so I can check this with my lowbie?

If you talk to any taskmaster Odessa and you're above or below their level req's, they will tell you a list of other taskmasters that can "help" you.

there are taskmasters in PoK that will not give you any tasks, but they will tell you as Mochila said what taskmaster to go see.

I hailed all three taskmasters, they didnt want to talk to me :) Maybe I need DoD or something.

taskmasters have nothing to do with DoD
if they did not talk to you, try other taskmasters in other zones. There are 4 in OT but unless you are an evil race, you will not speak to the one in town. There are also 3 in Dreadlands. Easiest one to get to real quick though from pok might be to try the one in gunthak in one of the small buildings around the lighthouse.

You can have one toon as group leader doing /Fairy while the rest of the toons do repetive single-toon tasks. Everyone but the group leader will get more exp that way. This hinges on you being able to be in a single-member task at the same time as you're in a group-task.

OK, tried this for the first time today. I do /task #### # and nada, nothing. Rechecked numbers, tried different ones....

hmmm, maybe it's what people were saying that you have to get the task legit way first? Try that, get the task the normal way and then right away try /task. Anyone else is experiencing this?

I also updated the DLL for a small bug fix.

Generally, it will work as billed if you acquire the task legitimately. But...ya gotta keep running/requesting the task to be assured it will continue to work. If I stop tasking for too long, /task # # will revert to "no action" and the task needs to be re-acquired. Can't pinpoint "long" with specific testing, but it's more then 10 minutes but probably under an hour.

Did find at least one task that simply refused to behave: acquire it normally, but executing /task # # immediate after successful conclusion still resulted in "no action".

Warrene said:
Generally, it will work as billed if you acquire the task legitimately. But...ya gotta keep running/requesting the task to be assured it will continue to work. If I stop tasking for too long, /task # # will revert to "no action" and the task needs to be re-acquired. Can't pinpoint "long" with specific testing, but it's more then 10 minutes but probably under an hour.

Did find at least one task that simply refused to behave: acquire it normally, but executing /task # # immediate after successful conclusion still resulted in "no action".

if this happens do you mind letting me know the taskmaster and the two #s so I can check?
Thanks

Odessa I noticed the "no action" problem on every single short task that was exploration based in Dreadlands between the level range of 40-56 (I gave up pretty much after that ) .

/task # # will get the task if you remove yourself from it or fail to complete it. Upon completion returning to dreadlands and issuing /task # # does nothing. Once in a very very blue moon upon completing the task and returning to dreadlands it will give the task once more using /task # # but then never again (At least not for more than hours).

Mochilla you mind pming me with the exact details of some easy task so I can go through it and recreate this? (I only have access to lvl70 chars)
Thanks

If you have DoDH, you can shroud yourself down to 65 (or whatever) and go do the task. If you don't have DoDH, someone should gift it to you.

:)

MQ2Task (gets tasks from anywhere in the zone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back