• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2PortalSetter (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
A plugin by DigitalPixel to set the guild portal with two clicks.

portalsetter[3].PNG

Once loaded, when you browse the Portal Merchant in the guild hall the MQ2PortalSetter window will automatically open. Click on the name of the zone you want to set the portal and the plugin handles the rest.

Instructions
  1. Download MQUI_PortalSetterWindow.xml to (Your EverQuest Folder)\uifiles\default.
  2. /plugin mq2portalsetter
  3. Reload your UI. /loadskin default
  4. Visit the portal merchant in your guild hall.

Troubleshooting
You probably forgot step 3 in the instructions.

More information:
https://github.com/digitalpixel/MQ2PortalSetter

edit: UI updated with Overthere / Lceanium

update 6/1/2018: kaen01 made the UI prettier

Attachments

• MQUI_PortalSetterWindow.xml
    9.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
As of today you can also put the ui in your Release/UIFiles folder. It will check there before your EQ folders.
Any idea why this works with some of my boxes but not all of them? I've loaded the plugin and reloaded the default UI but it still won't work on all of my boxes.

Are you using a non-default UI on some?

As of today you can also put the ui in your Release/UIFiles folder. It will check there before your EQ folders.

Are you using a non-default UI on some?
Hey, Redbot. I'm using the default UI on and the same eq install for all of the toons. MQUI_PortalSetterWindow.xml is in my UIFiles folder under release. Just odd that it works on some char's but not all.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to do a similar interface for druid/wiz ports?

This plugin is basically just a macro in C++ form, and since copypasta seems to be The Way of doing MQ2 these days, this would be a great plugin for you to learn a little C++ and modifying it to your needs. Well, not proper C++, mind you, real code doesn't look like this, real code is beautiful, MQ2 code is vulgar. But anyway, give it a try, see what happens. And if you want to go even further, add corpse summoning to the list. (Feature Creep is also part of The Way in MQ2 these days, too, and you'll also learn something along the way).

I can not get this to work when I am not using the default ui folder. I have downloaded the file (MQUI_PortalSetterWindow.txt) to the ui folder I use and reloaded the skin. Eastern waste only shows up when I /loadskin default.

the UI file is not a .txt file.

The MQUI_PortalSetterWindow.xml should be located in the MQ2\uifiles\default directory.

If you have a uifile in the directory for your personal UI you should remove it and allow it to get the file from the default directory. If you have one in your everquest\uifiles\default directory, you should remove it and allow it to pull from the mq2\uifiles\default directory.

Hope this helps clear up your issue.

You can also create a folder with your UI's name and place MQUI_PortalSetterWindow.xml in there.

Example from the Very Vanilla "release" folder:

1578881141624.png

If I ran a custom UI, I'd just copy all the default MQ2 xml's to this folder.

Not sure if a simple fix or something on my end can be done, with the addition of Cobalt Scar CoV button, the bottom 2 buttons ( Commonlands and Greater Faydark) barely show at the bottom, cannot see the text, just the top of the button area highlights upon mouseover, but can it be extended down a few more pixels to show those two buttons or is it something on my end? I tried /reload for the UI, nothing changed. The buttons work, I tried it, just cannot see 98% of the buttons. 😋

Not sure if a simple fix or something on my end can be done, with the addition of Cobalt Scar CoV button, the bottom 2 buttons ( Commonlands and Greater Faydark) barely show at the bottom, cannot see the text, just the top of the button area highlights upon mouseover, but can it be extended down a few more pixels to show those two buttons or is it something on my end? I tried /reload for the UI, nothing changed. The buttons work, I tried it, just cannot see 98% of the buttons. 😋
Custom ui?

Custom ui?
yeah this means that you likely copied the ui file at some point to your own ui folder.

if you copied it elsewhere you will want to re-copy it from the MQ2 -> Release -> uifiles -> default mqui_portalsetterwindow.xml

You no longer *HAVE* to do that, mq2 will automatically load it for you assuming you don't have it in another folder - so I would suggest just deleting it elsewhere so mq2 can load it from the downloaded folder

Attachments

• MQUI_PortalSetterWindow.xml
    13.7 KB · Views: 9
Thanks Sic, I had tried deleting the file you said, and yes I did have a copy in my Everquest directory, that had not solved it. I also had deleted the MQ2/Release/UIfiles/default folder and let it re build itself. That also did not solve it (though I'm puzzled as to why, EQ was shut). What DID solve it, was that you were kind enough to place the file above so I could try that. Sure enough I zoned out, back in to GH and works great. :)

OK what am I doing wrong? I only have only see the menu options from the pre ToV portalsetter. I have dropped the file above into my release > UI > default folder, I have also dropped it in my eq ui folder. I have reloaded the UI and restarted the eqclinet a few times. All with no luck at getting the new ToV buttons.

OK what am I doing wrong? I only have only see the menu options from the pre ToV portalsetter. I have dropped the file above into my release > UI > default folder, I have also dropped it in my eq ui folder. I have reloaded the UI and restarted the eqclinet a few times. All with no luck at getting the new ToV buttons.
you want to remove any and all instances of the xml from anywhere that isn't the mq2 -> release -> uifiles -> default folder and let mq2 load it from there

its auto-downloaded

The mqnext branch of this adds a feature that will keep you from buying the portal stone if you already have one in your inventory. Because Knightly is cheap.

am i the only one missing Eastern Wastes for some reason on the list?

It's possible you have an old UI file saved inside of your custom UI, or in your default UI folders in EQ. The latest UI file is always located in your Macroquest/UIFiles/Default/ folder. Unless you're on Next, in which case the path is a little bit different. The main take away here is that if you're saving copies of the UI files to your EQ UI Files directory somewhere, you should delete them and then reload your UI using /loadskin NameOfUI

If you use the default UI it would be /loadskin default
If you use a custom UI, it would be the name of the folder, like /loadskin zliz

I am having issues with Portalsetter with MQNext. It worked flawlessly when using MQ2 but since I migrated to Next I haven't been able to get the window to open.
Outside of /plugin portalsetter is there anything else I need to do to open the window? I checked in /mqsettings and it shows the plugin as loaded.

I am having issues with Portalsetter with MQNext. It worked flawlessly when using MQ2 but since I migrated to Next I haven't been able to get the window to open.
Outside of /plugin portalsetter is there anything else I need to do to open the window? I checked in /mqsettings and it shows the plugin as loaded.
nope you sure don't. there's not even an xml.

of course, if you had some other issue with imgui windows that paused your overlays you will need to /mqoverlay resume to un-pause imgui windows

in case you have some janky settings you can also do a /mqsettings overlay and press "Clear Saved ImGui Window Settings"

1641215221037.png

Thanks for the quick reply, still no luck though. I am not having any issues with any other gui windows, I have boxhud and button master running and they did get reset following your directions above but still nothing. I assume with the changes to next it doesn't matter that I am using a custom UI? I didn't want to try default because it completely destroys my UI layout.

Thanks for the quick reply, still no luck though. I am not having any issues with any other gui windows, I have boxhud and button master running and they did get reset following your directions above but still nothing. I assume with the changes to next it doesn't matter that I am using a custom UI? I didn't want to try default because it completely destroys my UI layout.
nah it does not matter on your ui, it isn't an xml window or a ui piece so there isn't anything that would interact with it, it is just a imgui window like all the other imgui stuffs. no clue why portalsetter wouldn't show.

positive it isn't just behind another window?

resetting it would have put it on the top left side of your screen where the mqsettings window default location is.

for giggles can you confirm what your /echo ${Zone.Name} is and /echo ${Zone.ID}

nah it does not matter on your ui, it isn't an xml window or a ui piece so there isn't anything that would interact with it, it is just a imgui window like all the other imgui stuffs. no clue why portalsetter wouldn't show.

positive it isn't just behind another window?

resetting it would have put it on the top left side of your screen where the mqsettings window default location is.

for giggles can you confirm what your /echo ${Zone.Name} is and /echo ${Zone.ID}
I tried resetting again and moving every window from the original spot, still no luck there.

Zone name: Standard Guild Hall
Zone id: 345

Plugin - MQ2PortalSetter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back