• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2NetBots (1 Viewer)

Want to come bump this, Netbots is also returning that Wunshi doesn't stack with Strength of the Hunter on TLP servers. Causes all kinds of pain for auto buffing macros using NetBots. Should be easily reproducible. NetBots.Stacks says FALSE for Strength of Hunter, if I remove just Wunshi it is suddenly true, and vice a versa

I have asked for a code merge for some changes to NetBots. Hopefully they will be included with the next VV release.

I've been getting various issues on the new TLP server where Netbots just stops updating spells or ends up missing spells. It seems to mostly center around having either 0 free buff slots or all of my buff slots free, if I unload the plugin and cast 1 buff on the offending toon and reload it it starts reporting correctly again. It's really making modbot go nuts on buffs at times!

I am having an issue with MQ2NetBots.

- /echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff[Lingering Spirits].ID}
1608167231035.png
- /echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff[Lingering Spirits]}
1608167209007.png
Note: The above information is returning back wrong. It is returning back whatever is on my MainAssist Short Duration Buff Slot 1. Whatever is on 1 will return that information.

---ALSO---
/echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff[Lingering Spirits].ID}
1608167476693.png
Note: Returns back the above error if she does not have no songs at all.

1608167718072.png
Notice that Cry Carnage is on Slot 1 and Uncanny Resillence is on Slot 2 so /echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff[Uncanny Resilience].ID} to check for Uncanny Resilience
1608167859130.png
Still returns Back the song ID of Slot 1
--And--
/echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff[Uncanny Resilience]}
1608167928159.png
Returns back the name of the song on Slot 1

Could anyone please assist me with this? Thank you

Just curious if this ever worked before? Calling a ShortBuff in a song window? Is Uncanny Resilience a spell or an ability? BTW, I have never used NetBots. hehe

Last edited:
The way the wiki reads for mq2netbots is the ShortBuff[x] takes only the slot number, without the [x] parameter you would get a string with all the shortbuffs the character has

So, you could get all the short buffs the character has then do a string check/comparison.

So something like this might work ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[Lingering Spirits]}

like i stated

"So something like this might work ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[Lingering Spirits]} "

does not report at all if she doesnt have a slot 1 song. if she has no slot 1 song but has slot 2 3 or full returns 1608170418046.png

regardless if im checking an ID or just against the song, she is not reporting the buff ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff[Uncanny Resilience]} unless this spell is in slot 1. whatever is on slot 1 is reporting regreadless if your checking on a spell thats on slot 4. so if Uncanny resilience is on slot 4 and cry carnage is on slot 1 then it returns 1608170548501.png if im using ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff[Uncanny Resilience].ID} or 1608170591826.png ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff[Uncanny Resilience]} w/o the ID its returning back whatever is on slot 1. if she has nothing on slot 1 then it errors our

like i stated

"So something like this might work ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[Lingering Spirits]} "

does not report at all if she doesnt have a slot 1 song. if she has no slot 1 song but has slot 2 3 or full returns View attachment 26662

Well forgive me for trying to help, but I don't see anywhere in your post where you stated that. What do you get when you echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff} or ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.ID} with multiple short buffs active?

The wiki describes being able to get names and ids using [x] where x is a slot number. It appears to default to slot 1 with anything that isn't valid based on what you posted. It also means that simply adding the song name or ID in place of x will never give you the result you are looking for, since it isn't a valid slot number (I don't know how many ShortBuff slots characters have but 0 or 1 to that many is a valid x

This is based on the wiki, but the way it describes how it works and how you describe what you are doing are two different things. I never for a long time used netbots so I have essentially no memory of any specific use cases I had

Well forgive me for trying to help, but I don't see anywhere in your post where you stated that. What do you get when you echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff} or ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.ID} with multiple short buffs active?

The wiki describes being able to get names and ids using [x] where x is a slot number. It appears to default to slot 1 with anything that isn't valid based on what you posted. It also means that simply adding the song name or ID in place of x will never give you the result you are looking for, since it isn't a valid slot number (I don't know how many ShortBuff slots characters have but 0 or 1 to that many is a valid x

This is based on the wiki, but the way it describes how it works and how you describe what you are doing are two different things. I never for a long time used netbots so I have essentially no memory of any specific use cases I had
Oh i didnt mean to say it like that. i know your trying to help.

apparently i was reading this wrong

string ShortBuff All short buffs Name has
spell ShortBuff[#] ShortBuff Name has in buff slot #

and looking at the way you just explained that it defaults to slot 1 now makes sense as to why its reporting to slot 1.

${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff} returns 1608175747549.png
${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.ID} 1608175811631.png

there has to be a way to check if she has a certain song on her window because then the 3 healers will just be firing off a guardian spirit which each does not stack. a prime example wouuld be

!${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff[Guardian Spirit].ID} && ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].Stacks[Divine Guardian Spirit VI]}

You can try a ${Select[x,${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff]}

Where x is the song ID you're looking for. It will return a number if it finds it and would be considered true, if not a 0 and is false

Or
${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[x]}where again x is the song ID you're looking for.

Appears netbots returns the ids but in a string form, which is why you get the no such string member ID error. The first ${Select} option may not work, but the second one should. And it should return true or false I think

You can try a ${Select[x,${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff]}

Where x is the song ID you're looking for. It will return a number if it finds it and would be considered true, if not a 0 and is false

Or
${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[x]}where again x is the song ID you're looking for.

Appears netbots returns the ids but in a string form, which is why you get the no such string member ID error. The first ${Select} option may not work, but the second one should. And it should return true or false I think

${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[Uncanny Resilience]} returns 1608176750889.png
${Select[Uncanny Resilience,${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff]} returns 1608176871998.png

my current songs window

1608176929066.png

cry carnage slot 1 / uncanny resilience slot 2

I had some syntax error on the select one... missed an ]} Sorry ${Select[x,${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff]}]}

You need to use the song ID, not the name.

So try the 36556

You could also use ${Spell[spellname].ID} to get the ID to put where x is

I had some syntax error on the select one... missed an ]} Sorry ${Select[x,${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff]}]}

You need to use the song ID, not the name.

So try the 36556

You could also use ${Spell[spellname].ID} to get the ID to put where x is

${Select[36556,${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff]}]} returns 1608177588899.png
${Select[${Spell[Cry Carnage].ID},${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff]}]} also returns 1608177721960.png

So with Select I think it won't work because of the string type I wasn't sure if it would sorry. Did you try the other way, as it should work assuming I typed it right in my phone

Ranks will make a difference when using Spell[name].ID since each rank has a different id.

So with Select I think it won't work because of the string type I wasn't sure if it would sorry. Did you try the other way, as it should work assuming I typed it right in my phone

Ranks will make a difference when using Spell[name].ID since each rank has a different id.
i believe i tried all ways you have given me unless i missed it. which did you want me to try?

Where x is the song ID, or you use spell[name].ID in place of x

${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[x]}

yes

${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[Uncanny Resilience XXXIV]} returns

1608176750889.png

${Select[Uncanny Resilience XXXIV,${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff]} returns

1608179826102.png

${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[Spell[Cry Carnage].ID]} returns

1608176750889.png

changing from spell name with or without ranks and Spell ID

Last edited:
${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[Spell[Cry Carnage].ID]

Needs to be

${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Cry Carnage].ID}]}

Echo ${Spell[Cry Carnage].ID} to make sure it returns what you expect to be looking for in the ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff} result

I am not having a great time type this on my phone sorry, lol

${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[Spell[Cry Carnage].ID]

Needs to be

${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Cry Carnage].ID}]}

Echo ${Spell[Cry Carnage].ID} to make sure it returns what you expect to be looking for in the ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff} result

I am not having a great time type this on my phone sorry, lol

/echo ${Spell[Cry Carnage].ID} returns back 1608182218372.png on my Berserker on Slot 1
/echo ${Spell[Uncanny Resilience].ID} returns back 1608182447615.png on my Berserker on Slot 2

when checking against NetBots

/echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Cry Carnage].ID}]} returns 1608182537573.png
/echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Uncanny Resilience].ID}]} or /echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Uncanny Resilience XXXVI].ID}]} returns back 1608182610216.png

Note: Cry Carnage is on Slot 1 / Uncanny Resilience is on Slot 2

Attachments

• 1608182176349.png
    1608182176349.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 0
Double check your uncanny rank numbers, I think that's it for you now

The .Find will return the number in the string where it starts. So cry carnage is 1, and uncanny should be like 7 or something

/echo ${Spell[Cry Carnage].ID} returns back View attachment 26680 on my Berserker on Slot 1
/echo ${Spell[Uncanny Resilience].ID} returns back View attachment 26681 on my Berserker on Slot 2

when checking against NetBots

/echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Cry Carnage].ID}]} returns View attachment 26682
/echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Uncanny Resilience].ID}]} or /echo ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Uncanny Resilience XXXVI].ID}]} returns back View attachment 26683

Note: Cry Carnage is on Slot 1 / Uncanny Resilience is on Slot 2
wow

${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Uncanny Resilience XXXIV].ID}]} returns back 1608184008890.png

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Now is there a way to check against .Stacks? ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].Stacks[Uncanny Resilience XXXIV]} returns back 1608184202063.png weather she has thebuff up or not. tried it with and without the rank

I'm not really sure about stacking stuff sorry, but I don't think the netbots has the access itself

But ${Spell[name].StacksWith[otherbuffname]} may be all you need

i got the stacks to work ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].Stacks[Uncanny Resilience XXXIV]}

so all thats left is ${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Uncanny Resilience XXXIV].ID}]} to return TRUE if she doesnt have it. Ive tried

${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[!${Spell[Uncanny Resilience XXXIV].ID}]}
!${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Uncanny Resilience XXXIV].ID}]}

Both still returns NULL if she does not have it. is there a way to make it return true if she doesnt have it?

${Bool[!${NetBots[${MainAssist}].ShortBuff.Find[${Spell[Uncanny Resilience XXXIV].ID}]}]}

If I got my brackets and braces correct...lol

Plugin - MQ2NetBots

Users who are viewing this thread

Back