• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - MQ2Map + System Resources (1 Viewer)

Wingedvillain

RedCents
84¢
Hey all,

I currently rely on MQ2Map plugin on my main account when boxing and named farming. However, when entering certain zones (ex. Shard's Landing) or other large and NPC dense zones my chat, tooltips, item details, quests etc appear blank in game as if I am out of resources and cant load anymore text.

Simply closing the map or using the /mapfilter commands will make them come back but I would like to leave map open almost 100% of the time.

Are there any tricks to allocate more memory to EQ via the mod or possibly expand system cache to resolve this issue in game for highly populated areas?

Thanks everyone!

If I remember right it's not a system resource issue but a maximum number of lines that eq can display and with the extra npc's on the map it ties up all available line. I remember reading something on the issue when I looked into it in the past when it happened to me and still does from time to time.

There's a hard limit to the amount that the EQ client will render. Maybe you could hack the client to change this, but it wouldn't be straightforward. It happens to me all the time (anywhere I'm displaying lots of lines).

Question - MQ2Map + System Resources

Users who are viewing this thread

Back