• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Events (1 Viewer)

1. Ensure you have created your MQ2Events_ToonName.ini file in your RELEASE folder

Someone should put a note in the overview section that with MQNext, .ini files need to be in the config folder.

It is very misleading as you get the message that the ini is reloaded when you /event load even though nothing is loaded.

How would I make a character effected by one event, which gets called for a second event, drops the first event and only responds to the most recent event?
If he’s within ‘earshot’ of trigger2 then he will do the command , irrespective of whether he is whacking the mob, ducking, or running elsewhere

If he’s within ‘earshot’ of trigger2 then he will do the command , irrespective of whether he is whacking the mob, ducking, or running elsewhere
I am wondering what happens when you get an event trigger while a previous event trigger is being responded to. Like 2 emotes before the first one is completed.

well in event#1, you are running to a location
then event #2 is triggered, you pause, duck, and say 'show me to my side'
you never get to destination #1, and you aren't in the correct #2 location when pause, duck and you say 'show me to my side'. coz event #2 didn't presuppose you'd be somewhere other than proximal to the boss

there is only the 'trigger' and the 'command'. nothing else. no conditional logic. if trigger met, then command fires.

another example,
if the avatar of war says bend the knee, and event #1 says duck, then a flaming archer fires an arrow at you, and event #2 says run away to safe location. either
(a) you don't coz you are ducked, and you get a flaming hot poker up your date OR
(b) you stand, run and fail the duck emote.
Which of the 2 results you experience will be dictated by the logic you wrote in the command line of each event

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why 5 works, but 1-4 do not? or point me at clearer eventarg instructions.

INI:
[DoomCurse51]
trigger=#*#Doomshade curses #1#, #2#, #3#, #4#, and #5#.#*#
command=/if (${Spawn[=${EventArg1}].ID}==${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (1c) spot!;

[DoomCurse52]
command=/if (${Spawn[=${EventArg2}].ID}==${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (2c) spot!;

[DoomCurse53]
command=/if (${Spawn[=${EventArg3}].ID}==${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (3c) spot!;

[DoomCurse54]
command=/if (${Spawn[=${EventArg4}].ID}==${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (4c) spot!;

[DoomCurse55]
command=/if (${Spawn[=${EventArg5}].ID}==${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (5c) spot!;

also, why is this unpausing the classplugin before it runs back? Its unpausing the classplugin after the /timed 70 in the middle. It rsays "I am at my spot", then unpauses.

INI:
/docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc -74.98 392.51; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 175 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 70 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off

also, why is this unpausing the classplugin before it runs back? Its unpausing the classplugin after the /timed 70 in the middle. It rsays "I am at my spot", then unpauses.

INI:
/docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc -74.98 392.51; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 175 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 70 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off
You have 2 "/timed 70" commands, so they're going to happen at the same time. It's not /timed 70 from the previous command in the multiline, it's timed from when the original /multiline was invoked.

As to why only the 5th event works, is because you have 5 identical event triggers. You need to consolidate that to 1 event or find some way to make the triggers substantially different from each other so that you aren't matching multiple events.

You have 2 "/timed 70" commands, so they're going to happen at the same time. It's not /timed 70 from the previous command in the multiline, it's timed from when the original /multiline was invoked.

As to why only the 5th event works, is because you have 5 identical event triggers. You need to consolidate that to 1 event or find some way to make the triggers substantially different from each other so that you aren't matching multiple events.
They say 5 people's names. Every one is different. There's no clear directions on how to make this type of eventarg trigger I've seen. If I put ${Me.ID} in instead of the eventarg I want to replace, you think that would work?

Btw, thank you a ton, I now get timers a lot better in this mQ2event stuff.

what does a nested if statement look like in this code? Do something like If eventarg1=me, assign a loc or waypoint value to some variable, then call that variable later on when you're running?
you can use 'OR' operators
INI:
/if (eventarg1=me || eventarg2=me || eventarg3=me) /dorunawaystuffhere

Seems to be a big topic, I have quit EQ due to the recent suspensions. With that said, I will give my doomshade event.

[Doomshade1]
trigger=#*#The Doomshade curses #1#, #2#, and #3#.#*#
command=/docommand ${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg1}]},Insert shit here,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg2}]},,Insert shit here,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg3}]},Insert shit here,/echo Not Me]}]}]}

Seems to be a big topic, I have quit EQ due to the recent suspensions. With that said, I will give my doomshade event.

[Doomshade1]
trigger=#*#The Doomshade curses #1#, #2#, and #3#.#*#
command=/docommand ${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg1}]},Insert shit here,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg2}]},,Insert shit here,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg3}]},Insert shit here,/echo Not Me]}]}]}

Can you run subroutine like functions in events? Like, call another event? Seems like you could save a lot of messy code if you could.

Could you use the ifs to set a variable value like a loc and then use the same command to run away to a waypoint?
Can you run subroutine like functions in events? Like, call another event? Seems like you could save a lot of messy code if you could.

There are a few approaches that come to mind you could take.
  • @Redbot shows an example here on how to define a variable and use it later in the same chain of commands
  • You can write a Lua script to take the various input values and do with them what you want
  • You can write a Lua script to monitor the event separately (i.e., mq.event()) and handle it how you want

• @Redbot shows an example here on how to define a variable and use it later in the same chain of commands
  • You can write a Lua script to take the various input values and do with them what you want
  • You can write a Lua script to monitor the event separately (i.e., mq.event()) and handle it how you want
So it looks to me that you still must declare the variable in the event itself and cant call subroutines or variables outside of the current event and pull them into your event, like a public/private declaration or whatever?

I wrote some code to do events for 2 to 5 targets, 2 works, 3 works for the first two targets, but not the third, and 4 and 5 targets doesnt work at all. I'm sure its a parenthesis/punctuation problem but I cant figure it out. Seems I missed some /mutliline commands i need to replace and do some counting of parenthesis and brackets and see if it works.

Event:
[Shadows21]
trigger=#*#sends shadows at #1# and #2#.#*#
command=/docommand ${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg1}]},/multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (1a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 284 94; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg2}]},/multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (2a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 162.52 260; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,/echo Not Me]}]}]}

[Shadows31]
trigger=#*#sends shadows at #1#, #2#, and #3#.#*#
command=/docommand ${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg1}]},/multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (1a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 284 94; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg2}]},/multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (2a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 162.52 260; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg3}]},/rsay I am running to my (3a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 2.29 328; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,/echo Not Me]}]}]}

[Shadows41]
trigger=#*#sends shadows at #1#, #2#, #3#, and #4#.#*#
command=/docommand ${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg1}]},/multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (1a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 284 94; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg2}]},/multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (2a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 162.52 260; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg3}]},/rsay I am running to my (3a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 2.29 328; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg4}]},/rsay I am running to my (4a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 108.58 -81; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,/echo Not Me]}]}]}

[Shadows51]
trigger=#*#sends shadows at #1#, #2#, #3#, #4#, and #5#.#*#
command=/docommand ${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg1}]},/multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (1a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 284 94; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg2}]},/multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (2a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 162.52 260; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg3}]},/rsay I am running to my (3a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 2.29 328; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg4}]},/rsay I am running to my (4a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc 108.58 -81; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,${If[${Me.CleanName.Equal[${EventArg5}]},/multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (5a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto loc -32.71 -164.8; /timed 70 /rsay I am at my spot; /timed 245 /nav loc -165.05 108.03 1.04; /timed 315 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off,/echo Not Me]}]}]}

Having a bit of an issue getting my head around the issue Im getting here. The following event is sending back 12 messages each getting longer than the last.

INI:
[TellsToMe]
trigger=#1# tells you, '#2#
Command=/t <MyTanksName> got a tell from ${EventArg1} saying "${EventArg2}"!

I'm not sure how it's hitting "tells you" when the tell message is "you told" so Im at a loss as to where the feedback is. For the record, the tank does not have the event in their events file.

A question... my mq2events for my char are in my redguides folder.. not in release....i did aten ha ra mission and had all my char with the correct events... none of them triggered... does it matter that they are not in the release folder and do I have to do anything to get the event to run/work

A question... my mq2events for my char are in my redguides folder.. not in release....i did aten ha ra mission and had all my char with the correct events... none of them triggered... does it matter that they are not in the release folder and do I have to do anything to get the event to run/work
There is no release folder anymore. You might be looking at a legacy install folder and not the current install of RG MQ (what they used to call MQNext).

As has already been mentioned, the proper folder is the Config folder.

MQ2Events can be enabled or disabled using the command /event enable|disable so make sure they're actually enabled.

Having a bit of an issue getting my head around the issue Im getting here. The following event is sending back 12 messages each getting longer than the last.

INI:
[TellsToMe]
trigger=#1# tells you, '#2#
Command=/t <MyTanksName> got a tell from ${EventArg1} saying "${EventArg2}"!

I'm not sure how it's hitting "tells you" when the tell message is "you told" so Im at a loss as to where the feedback is. For the record, the tank does not have the event in their events file.
I think you have use tell windows on in your eq options where it creates a new window. This will cause a feedback chain.

Tried AHR today and took two shots to clear it but got it done. Quick question. On the event to run from the green I was watching my Bard on a diff monitor ( KAssist 12 GOLD) and I see the execution for the NAV command occur ( can see the NAV tracer ) but the Bard will not disengage from the MA's target. Just looks like he is trying to run but not.

Event Code:
[AtenHaRa]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at |${Me.Name}|#*#
command=/multiline ; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /timed 5 /nav wp AHRaway; /timed 125 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off

Any KAssist folks see what I need to modify. Thanks all//

Tried AHR today and took two shots to clear it but got it done. Quick question. On the event to run from the green I was watching my Bard on a diff monitor ( KAssist 12 GOLD) and I see the execution for the NAV command occur ( can see the NAV tracer ) but the Bard will not disengage from the MA's target. Just looks like he is trying to run but not.

Event Code:
[AtenHaRa]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at |${Me.Name}|#*#
command=/multiline ; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /timed 5 /nav wp AHRaway; /timed 125 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off

Any KAssist folks see what I need to modify. Thanks all//
Nothing in that command line addresses kissassist at all.

Plugin - MQ2Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back