• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Events (2 Viewers)

did you have a look at the mq2events overview https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2events.124/ ?

Here are some examples on how the events work

Also, I personally would use LEM over mq2events as it is much more flexible and powerful, but if you intend on using mq2events you will want to create the event like the examples on the overview page #*# are going to be your friend.
I read it, but cant get it to work it seems.. anyhow i will play around with it it a bit more i guess.

Anyone know of a video that shows you how to set up MQ2events? I can usually stumble my way through setting things up but I cannot for the life of me get this to work. Just trying to make a simple event to make my puller stand up and return to camp if shadowhunter FDs him.

Anyone know of a video that shows you how to set up MQ2events? I can usually stumble my way through setting things up but I cannot for the life of me get this to work. Just trying to make a simple event to make my puller stand up and return to camp if shadowhunter FDs him.
I have not looked for a video, but I will ask what are you using, Kiss, CWTN, RGMercs, etc?

id not dick around with events.. get
LEM.. probably one already in library you can use

if you are capable of learning code, I would suggest LEM. It is much more reliable. It has a bit of a learning curve, but will be a much better investment in the long run

Could anyone tell me how the multiline functionality works?

I'm trying to make a toon do something based on a spell being cast on him; if I have him activate a bunch of AAs with the multiline command when the spell is cast, will it cast them one at a time with a delay? All at once? It seems like only one is getting cast. It's like this: command=/multiline ; /alt activate 1 ; /alt activate 2 etc.

Could anyone tell me how the multiline functionality works?

I'm trying to make a toon do something based on a spell being cast on him; if I have him activate a bunch of AAs with the multiline command when the spell is cast, will it cast them one at a time with a delay? All at once? It seems like only one is getting cast. It's like this: command=/multiline ; /alt activate 1 ; /alt activate 2 etc.
I believe it will just attempt to cast them one right after the other whether the spell is complete or not.
I use multiline but when casting something I will use the /timed comment before calling an action.

I like to make sure the "pause" is in there and not assume.

an example would be something like.

/multiline ; /alt act 511 ; /timed 5 /alt act 512 ; /timed 5 /cast 9 ; /timed 10 /useitem fellowship; etc

Thats just how I do it. not saying its right or wrong but what works for me.

I believe it will just attempt to cast them one right after the other whether the spell is complete or not.
I use multiline but when casting something I will use the /timed comment before calling an action.

I like to make sure the "pause" is in there and not assume.

an example would be something like.

/multiline ; /alt act 511 ; /timed 5 /alt act 512 ; /timed 5 /cast 9 ; /timed 10 /useitem fellowship; etc

Thats just how I do it. not saying its right or wrong but what works for me.
That was my problem too. It seems some people don’t use the pauses and it still works… maybe they have quicker computers.

Thanks for the tip!

INI:
[taskupdate]
trigger="Your task '#1#' has been updated#*#"
command=/bc [+y+]Task Update [+r+]${EventArg1}[+w+] ${If[${Task[${EventArg1}].Step.Index},now on step ${Task[${EventArg1}].Step.Index}: ${Task[${EventArg1}].Step} [+t+]${Task[${EventArg1}].Objective[${Task[${EventArg1}].Step.Index}].Status},Completed]}

Automatically report task updates from others connected to eqbc.

<Soandso> Task Update Ralkor's Crystals now on step 2: kill 1 Ralkor Bloodmoon 0/1

Wrong forum
Is it possible to have multiline command to respond to a MQ2Event trigger? I've tried using /multiline like DanNet but MQ2Event can't parse that syntax. I also tried simply listing multiple commands under the trigger in the ini file with no luck.

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

I had a need to auto accept raid invites from random people to get hunter updates. FYI if you didn't know you can raid invite to get credit for a Rare Named Killed from anywhere anytime.

I added this to mq2events, Can change the timer to accept faster or slower (If you remove it you'll be the first to accept raid invite almost everytime)

[raccept]
trigger=#*#To join the raid click the accept button in the raid window or type /raidaccept.#*#
command=/timed 15 /raidaccept

I had a need to auto accept raid invites from random people to get hunter updates. FYI if you didn't know you can raid invite to get credit for a Rare Named Killed from anywhere anytime.

I added this to mq2events, Can change the timer to accept faster or slower (If you remove it you'll be the first to accept raid invite almost everytime)

[raccept]
trigger=#*#To join the raid click the accept button in the raid window or type /raidaccept.#*#
i would strongly encourage you to use autoaccept, and add the people to autoaccept instead.

because otherwise you could be out xping, some rando trolling you invites you to a raid, your dude accepts it and you dont' notice

If I want two different things to happen off of the same trigger text, do I have to do /multiline? When I create two (or more) entries for the same trigger text only the last one seems to fire.

[raccept]
It was never meant to leave on, I would only use this sitting semi AFK accepting Hunter Raids.

Anyone actively working on a event text for the raid Bidils Great adventure? There are so many things to pay attention to that it's really challenging. Rock Paper scissors, freeze, hot potato, kneel, it goes on and on. Need event triggers for Hand of the King and Bidilis. I am going to try to work on something myself but I haven't made anything through MQ2events before.

Well I suppose you could set up hotkeys and watch for emotes, but it would need to pause, duck, unduck, unpause etc just loads of messing on when Sic has everything needed for avatar in his avatar video.

So I copy and paste those with my toon name after I load MQ2Events and they should all automatically follow the emotes without me doing anything special? Cause if that's the case. I'll take teh 5 minutes to copy and paste

Anyone actively working on a event text for the raid Bidils Great adventure? There are so many things to pay attention to that it's really challenging. Rock Paper scissors, freeze, hot potato, kneel, it goes on and on. Need event triggers for Hand of the King and Bidilis. I am going to try to work on something myself but I haven't made anything through MQ2events before.
It seems that would eb a good use for the LEM system. I have hotkeys setup, but have not actuallly made tthe LEM yet.

I have some stuff written but haven't been able to test it yet. If no one else has shared something before then, I can post them, but not comfortable doing so until I've done the event with them first.
If you can send it to me, I can look it over if you want me to, and comment on the codebase. We currently do this event once a week (just did it last night) and I sometimes do it on alts also.

Making Bard's Boastful Bellow much more easy to use.

1) It logs Boastful Bellow, Vainglorious Shout, and Boastful Conclusion damage to the MQ window.

2) On Boastful Conclusion, if the target HP is greater than 40%, then auto-casts Boastful Bellow again.

3) No longer requires watching the Boastful Conclusion debuff on the target for expiration.

[BoastfulBellow]
trigger=#1#Boastful Bellow#2#
command=/echo ${EventArg1} Boastful Bellow ${EventArg2}

[BoastfulConclusion]
trigger=#1#Boastful Conclusion#2#
command=/multiline ; /echo ${EventArg1} Boastful Conclusion ${EventArg2} ; /if (${Target.PctHPs} > 40) /aa act Boastful Bellow

[VaingloriousShout]
trigger=#1#Vainglorious Shout#2#
command=/echo ${EventArg1} Vainglorious Shout ${EventArg2}

Plugin - MQ2Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back