• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2Events fix for bard : ToV Kael Mission : Bend the Knee (1 Viewer)

RedCents
248¢
All my toons seem to bend the knee appropriately for this mission, and then resume macro afterwards EXCEPT for my Bard.
If you have a bard that runs this correctly, please post what you're using.

[BendKnee]
trigger=#*# that Mercurial must bend the#*#
command=/multiline ; /twist off ; /stopsong ; /mqp on ; /keypress esc ; /attack off ; /pause 10 ; /keypress x ; /say DUCKED
[StandUp]
trigger=#*#Avatar of War nods, accepting the subservience of those that gave#*#
command=/multiline ; /stand ; /mqp off ; /say STANDING

First off, I'm not sure /pause 10 works as you're assuming it does when used in a multiline like this. I've always avoided doing it like that. I could be wrong though. Also, your /twist off and /stopsong come *before* /mqp on, so when executed in order, your macro is still running when you're trying to stop the twist which will immediately restart the twist. I'd suggest /mqp on come first, then stop singing, then attack off.

Second, here is what I use:
INI:
[BendKnee]
trigger=#*#that BardsName must bend the#*#
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /twist off ; /twist off ; /keypress x
[StandUp]
trigger=#*#Avatar of War nods, accepting the subservience of those that gave#*#
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /stand
I will tell you though, I do *not* let the macro (kissassist in this case) run during phase 1 of the event. A) he has a damage shield in his typical song lineup B) I don't need anyone other than the tank's dps on the boss and C) it's easier for me to manually flip to his screen and target the adds and push autoattack as they spawn than to rely on the macro to switch targets effectively. I keep the macro on pause throughout phase 1 and only once we get to phase 2 do I unpause macro on my bard and let him go to town.

How many commands can you put in a multi line? I thought 5 only.

you can use ; /timed 10 /mqp on ; if you want to wait 1 second before mqp fires

Also, in addition to the good suggestions above, make sure the ‘x’ key is actually mapped to duck on that character. You could use /keypress DUCK to be sure.

I always make sure to adjust the settings to not allow AutoStand just before doing this event. My bard's line is:
INI:
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /stopsong ; /stopcast ; /keypress d ; /say Ducked!

He does however fail maybe 1 time in 10 for some reason. None of my casters ever fail.

I unload /mq2melee, and can't find anything in a kissassist .ini that would allow autostand for my bard and monk, which both fails consistently. What other settings would you recommend I look at?
I starting to think there's something in the kissassist code that makes monks and bards continue to attack or cast even though /mqp is on.
If you only do /mqp, you will continue any action that was already started. Auto attack is a perfect example. You need to also clear target and turn off attack as part of you event trigger. For mq2melee, make sure you don't have standup=1 (this is useful for events that proc a feign death on the tank, but problematic on this mission).

Question - MQ2Events fix for bard : ToV Kael Mission : Bend the Knee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back