• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2EQBC (1 Viewer)

bertoxboy

RedCents
I want to know how to use a /multiline in a social hotkey to do a few things... I could use a little help...

Using MQ2EQBC, i want all connected Wizards to cast Tears of Solusek after assisting me, going to use the name Tom... I'd asume it would go something like this, but I need help...

/bca //multiline ; /target Tom ; /delay 2s ; /assist ; /delay 2s ; /cast Tears of Solusek

I'm 95% sure this is correct, and I use something very similar to this, but I want to add a check in there so that only wizards cast... something like this?

/bca //multiline ; /if ${Me.Class}=="Wizard" { /target Tom ; /delay 2s ; /assist ; /delay 2s ; /cast Tears of Solusek} ;

I need help with syntax....

Pretty sure you can make groups inside eqbc and call it whatever you want like wizards. Then put all the wiz in the same group and do /bct wizards then whatever command you want and it will only go to whoever you have in that group.

Remember to double up on slashes that precede commands that are supposed to be sent to a toon so it gets processed as a command with one slash.

/bca //multiline ; /target Tom ; /delay 2s ; /assist ; /delay 2s ; /cast Tears of Solusek

Should be
Rich (BB code):
/bca /multiline ; //target Tom ; //delay 2s ; //assist ;/ /delay 2s ; //cast Tears of Solusek
or somesuch.

- - - Updated - - -

Also have to decide who is doing the multiline, you or your intended recipient. Not even sure you can expect your recipient to process it that way. I would use the multiline local and have multiple commands that are double slashed to your recipients.

Yeah, you might have to /multiline BEFORE any other command. AND, we are mixing local and recipient commands i.e. /bca is local but you want the recipients to //multiline. I don't see a way to get that to work.

Lemme do some tests

- - - Updated - - -

Got this to work:

Rich (BB code):
/multiline ; /bcg //tar id ${Me.ID} ; /bcg //bow

So we have to complete each command, and in doing so we can mix the local commands along with the commands that we want the recipient to evoke.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, any time you can use an EQBC channel to separate who gets what cmd is good.

Fairly certain you can use "/assist name" , with out needing to target, though not ingame to verify.

If you are trying to cast something only a wizard would have, offhand there is no need to limit it to wizards. If they don't have the spell, they wont cast it. Though personally I think you ought to look into scripting to look for keywords to perform long actions.

For instance if you use macros to run your wizards, you can add a script to watch for "doharvest" to cast it (though I imagine most wiz controlling macros would already be set up to auto do this as needed) Sorta depends on how direct or automated you want the control. If you are wanting more direct control, you may want to look into ISboxer with it's repeating set up. You can set up hotkeys on each wizard toon for instance to cast X or do Y, and use ISBoxer to click on everyone's hotkey, or (as I understand it) select groups. Someone who currently uses ISBoxer would have better details.

Definitely writting an event with trigger text is a good solution (like KA does with Burn), unless he is already running one of the big-macs (haha). If the wizzies may not be in the grp then your best bet would be to set up EQBC channels (/bccmd channels Wizards) so you could send commands that only toons in that channel receive regardless of what grp they are in. Once a toon is assigned a channel, it will remember it every time you launch unless you change it manually. It really is cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Rich (BB code):
/bccmd channels Wizards, //casting Tears of Solusek

Last edited:
Using /bccmd channel "whateverchannelyouwanttocallitwithoutthequotes" will add the character using the command to that EQBC channel. A character can be in only ONE EQBC channel at a time.

You use the channel as such, /bct channelnamehere //say hello world. All characters in that channel will say hello world. EQBC does not care about groups or even if the characters are on the same EQ server, just that they are logged into the EQBC server.

If you wanted, you could add group 1 wizzies to channel Group1WIZ (EQBC does not care about case) and group 2 wizzies to Group2WIZ with the following commands: /bccmd channel Group1WIZ on the wizards in group 1 and /bccmd channel Group2WIZ on the wizards in group 2 ecte.

Then you could make a EQ social as such:
Line 1 /bca //assist maintanknamehere |this will make everyone but the character issueing the command to assist the MT
Line 2 /pause 3 |I like to use pauses in my social macros just so things happen
Line 3 /bct Group1Wiz //Alt act 200200 |Whatever the AA number is I made up 200200 fs&g
Line 4 /pause 3
Line 5 //bct Group2Wiz //Alt act 200200

You could just as well activate a macro as well. On my toons that uses kissassist mac, I have them in a channel called KA, I use on them /bccmd channel KA to add them then use the following social mac:

Line 1 /bca //target mytanknamehere |this will make everyone but the character issueing the command to target the MT. I normally drive on my MT.
Line 2 /pause 3 |I like to use pauses in my social macros just so things happen
Line 3 /bct KA //mac kissassist |since the MT was targeted in line 1, everyone running kissassist will use the MT as the MT and assist.
Line 4 /pause 3
Line 5 /bct KA //camphere | I use this to lockdown people in the camp. I could change the INI but sometimes I like to move around.

You can also use /bcg command to tell only the group your character is in to do a command. if you are running multiple groups this works on ONLY the group that character issuing the command is in, not any other group. for that you would need channels to single them out.

Hope this helps.

I want to minimize the use of macros.... I'm trying to set up a few dps groups for raid encounters on TLP, so I have to run in nuke/dot, run back and LoS the aoe, etc... I'm only using KA for stationary healers

Question - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back