• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - MQ2CPULoad questions (1 Viewer)

dealings

RedCents
2,188¢
I have 8 cores and I box no more than 8 toons lately 6
should I assign a core per toon and would that be more beneficial
I recently made a change in eqclient
INI:
CPUAffinity1=-1
CPUAffinity2=-1
CPUAffinity3=-1
CPUAffinity4=-1
CPUAffinity5=-1
CPUAffinity6=-1
CPUAffinity7=-1
CPUAffinity8=-1

I was told that was ideal
what does cpuload do in relation to this setting and should I just unload it, not too clear on benefit of using or not using that plugin

Whether you are using IsBoxer matters for this conversation as well. If you have 8 cores and only box 6, the setting you have above is saying "let the OS manage it" and you don't need CPULoad. You do need CPUAffinity0=-1 though (and you don't need 8) since the count starts at 0 I believe. If you wanted them to be bound to a specific CPU, then you would do something like:
CPUAffinity0=0
CPUAffinity1=1
(etc)

But -1 is good and lets Windows handle it (which is perfectly fine).

Question - MQ2CPULoad questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back