• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Mq2cast unloading (1 Viewer)

RedCents
19¢
For some reason, after this last patch, my mq2cast is unloading when I do my /mac kissassist on my mage. Always worked fine but now it says plugin mq2 unloaded. After I type /plugin mq2cast load because it Loads with the error message. Loads fine but becomes unloaded.
She soon stops casting spells and sending her pet to attack. I didn't change anything in her .ini or kissassist but tried restarting the computer and reloading macroquest. Not sure what's going on. Thanks for any input

Bumping this because I’ve recently encountered this myself. I switched over to Kiss 11 with the latest patch. When I activate KissAssist, it unloads MQ2Cast. As soon as I /end the macro, it automatically reloads MQ2Cast. This is an issue for me because I frequently use BCS to manually send commands to my other characters. For example, I have a hot button on my SK that tells my wizard to Exodus. A hotbutton for my shaman to do a heal over time. Hot buttons for my wizard to mem teleport to any zones ... and a ton more. Each of these hot buttons and a ton of my others use /Casting “[Spell Name]” — which requires the MQ2Cast plugin to work.

Thoughts on a solution? Any help would be much appreciated!

KA does not use MQ2Cast, so it is unloaded to save on overhead. @Tovin, There is something we are working on, for a totally different reason. That may be a solution for you. What if you could send a command through BCS that allows you to have your toons running KISS use Kiss's internal casting routine to cast spells? would that work?

KA does not use MQ2Cast, so it is unloaded to save on overhead. @Tovin, There is something we are working on, for a totally different reason. That may be a solution for you. What if you could send a command through BCS that allows you to have your toons running KISS use Kiss's internal casting routine to cast spells? would that work?[/
Wouldnt be my optimal outcome, but I could work with that. The only reason it wouldn’t be perfect is because I don’t always have KISS running when I’m sending commands (such as a teleport command). That said, there are very few situations in which I would need to send commands while not running KISS, so it is a perfectly good solution for me. Thanks so much for looking into this!

Yes I agree it definitely needs some work, that being said it is completely unnecessary to unload it while running kiss. There are many possible reasons people might to have it loaded and really none to unload it.

That being said, it's your macro do as you see fit.

Problem - Mq2cast unloading

Users who are viewing this thread

Back