• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Boxr

Plugin - MQ2Boxr (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,398¢
Sidien submitted a new resource:

MQ2Boxr - MQ2Boxr provides common commands to all boxed characters. Works with CWTN, Kiss, RGMercs, etc.

MQ2Boxr provides a command to control boxes running CWTN plugins, KissAssist, and rgmercs. The idea is to have one common command, which can be broadcast to all boxed characters, regardless of what they are running.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was looking at the CWTN section of the commands and the boxr commands listed show for warrior modes does this work with shadowknights as well or does the program consider it all the same ?

So I was looking at the CWTN section of the commands and the boxr commands listed show for warrior modes does this work with shadowknights as well or does the program consider it all the same ?
it gets the class shortname.

but be warned there is no "tank" command. just assist, manual, chase

it gets the class shortname.

but be warned there is no "tank" command. just assist, manual, chase
Ah good to know, I find myself using my SK for dps just as often as I tank with him, reason being as he is getting carried by my main team through CoV mission and my warrior is just sailing through. Its not an issue when I am tanking as I normally play on manual but as dps I dont. ill give it a try when i log on tonight see how it goes.

I cannot wait to try this! I was fumbling through follow again tonight because I have a mix of CWTN and KISS crew and I swear /afol doesn't always work with the KISS crew.

This works really well. My CWTN and KA group was a bit easier to manage this morning because of this plugin unifying some basic commands. I'll include mq2boxr hotkeys on all my driver characters now (these would make amazing mq2mybuttons if only we had more buttons and/or I had some to spare). I have different groups that use a combo of CWTN, KA and RGMercs included so this is awesome.

In my opinion, the way to go is /dge /boxr command as it gives me a one button solution for my group but lets me still control my driver separately, which is always a CWTN tank. On the pause/unpause buttons I also do a /dgga /status using mq2status, just for additional confirmation that my dudes got the message and are cooperating. This is one of those plugins I didn't know I needed until I tried it lol.

Thank you for the fantastic plugin!

Ah, I will clarify the documentation. The debug command toggles debug only for mq2boxr itself, it does not relay the command to the underlying combat assistant.
It also does not provide all that much debug output. What is it you were looking to debug?
Im just a dev in development lol. Anyways, I like seeing everything to learn how it all operates so i can troubleshoot myself first if I find an issue before whining to support.

Im just a curious bug is all.

First time using the camp option seems to establish a camp. For CWTN plugins, subsequent uses just has my characters running back to the previously established camp. FWIW, this is after using manual (i.e., 'camp', do something there, 'manual', move to a new locaion, 'camp', characters run off). RGMercs characters do not seem to have this behavior.

Tested this multiple times and am currently working around it by issuing direct resetcamp for each CWTN character.

First time using the camp option seems to establish a camp. For CWTN plugins, subsequent uses just has my characters running back to the previously established camp. FWIW, this is after using manual (i.e., 'camp', do something there, 'manual', move to a new locaion, 'camp', characters run off). RGMercs characters do not seem to have this behavior.

Tested this multiple times and am currently working around it by issuing direct resetcamp for each CWTN character.
the cwtn plugins completely clear their camp when they go into "manual mode" - I'm not sure what the plugin is issuing, but it shouldn't be an issue if you go into manual mode first.

the cwtn plugins completely clear their camp when they go into "manual mode" - I'm not sure what the plugin is issuing, but it shouldn't be an issue if you go into manual mode first.

I agree. It's not the behavior I expect. It's why I'm mentioning it. Running the Unity quest multiple times and it's where I'm seeing the oddity. Maybe the characters aren't properly disengaging from the first Commander before I issue the next camp. If it matters, I'm using Mage CoH to change locations. I'll test with it more to see what I can find for a direct trigger.

I'd rather have an assist option instead of camp for this situation, though. But I think a direct way to update the camp is useful as well.

The camp command issues (using war as example):
INI:
/war mode assist
/war resetcamp

So the intention is to update the camp location regardless of what mode the plugin is in. I will try to recreate the problem and investigate the cause.

I agree. It's not the behavior I expect. It's why I'm mentioning it. Running the Unity quest multiple times and it's where I'm seeing the oddity. Maybe the characters aren't properly disengaging from the first Commander before I issue the next camp. If it matters, I'm using Mage CoH to change locations. I'll test with it more to see what I can find for a direct trigger.

I was not able to recreate the problem so far. I used one magician and one enchanter (running mq2enchanter), with the enchanters window in the background, and magician flagged as group MA:

1. /dex Myenchanter /boxr camp
2. Verify that mq2enchanter logged the new camp coordinates
3. /dex Myenchanter /boxr manual
4. Mage COTHs enchanter to a position well outside of camp site
5. /dex Myenchanter /boxr camp

After step 5, the enchanter just set up camp at the new location, and sits down. I did not to the quest or engaged in any combat, so not sure if that makes any difference. Is there any significant difference to the commands you used?

I can regularly recreate the problem with BST and Cleric if the character still maintains "agro" on a mob when using the manual option followed by camp. In my case, taking down one of the commanders in BB (such that it's never actually killed in full) is a prime case for this. I have to manually disengage each before they will recognize the update.

I can regularly recreate the problem with BST and Cleric if the character still maintains "agro" on a mob when using the manual option followed by camp. In my case, taking down one of the commanders in BB (such that it's never actually killed in full) is a prime case for this. I have to manually disengage each before they will recognize the update.

Thank you for taking the time to report, and re-test -- It's much appreciated! Sorry for the long turn-around on my side.

I am able to recreate if I have attack on during manual mode. Then, when I issue /boxr camp, the character runs to engage the mob. If you also had attack on during manual mode, then I don't think there is anything I can do to change this, I believe it is the intended behavior of the CWTN plugins (if the player has attack on, then it wants to engage the targeted mob). I do get the same behavior when I am in assist mode, target a mob far away, and turn attack on.

I'd rather have an assist option instead of camp for this situation, though.

Would you care to describe a bit more? Most useful would be examples of which commands that should be issued to one or more of the different combat assistants (so "I'd like a tank mode, and for CWTN plugins it should do /war mode tank")

Thank you for taking the time to report, and re-test -- It's much appreciated! Sorry for the long turn-around on my side.

I am able to recreate if I have attack on during manual mode. Then, when I issue /boxr camp, the character runs to engage the mob. If you also had attack on during manual mode, then I don't think there is anything I can do to change this, I believe it is the intended behavior of the CWTN plugins (if the player has attack on, then it wants to engage the targeted mob). I do get the same behavior when I am in assist mode, target a mob far away, and turn attack on.

Yeah. I figure this is a plugin issue. And you're probably right it's an "as intended". It's just a bit frustrating in terms of getting everyone where I want them to be (and staying there for the next step).

Would you care to describe a bit more? Most useful would be examples of which commands that should be issued to one or more of the different combat assistants (so "I'd like a tank mode, and for CWTN plugins it should do /war mode tank")

This is one I'm not sure can be accomplished with the boxr plugin (i.e., I think it's another plugin issue to support my way of thinking). Specifically geared toward moving characters from one point to another without specifically establishing a camp. Or not a hard camp tied to one spot. Just an assist radius that floats around with the character. Or in the case of the tank, a tank radius that the react to when mobs enter.

yes with the cwtn plugins if you are in an assist mode and you have attack you're going to go to the mob. we do not run to the mob if you are in manual mode attack on or not

yes with the cwtn plugins if you are in an assist mode and you have attack you're going to go to the mob. we do not run to the mob if you are in manual mode attack on or not

Right. All of that is correct and understood. The frustrating part is the character running back to the mob going from assist/camp, manual, assist/camp. It'd be nice if there as a mode to stop doing what you're doing to serve as a break.

It's not supported yet, but coming soon!

Great plugin! And now a request; would it be possible to have an ini file with the supported plugins/macros etc. but with ability to add new entries so other plugins/macros could be triggered in the same way?

For example, I actually rename my macros from time to time to do testing etc and so by the macro's name it won't match (e.g. I ran the KissAssist 12 Beta for ages, which was never called simply KissAssist). But if it read from an ini, I could copy-and-paste the settings for KissAssist and rename the macro it was looking for myself. This would also allow macro/plugin writers to contribute equivalent commands, so you'd not need to specifically update the code to support Entropy, ModBot, AFKNuke etc., any changes in upcoming releases for ones you already support, and so on.

Great plugin! And now a request; would it be possible to have an ini file with the supported plugins/macros etc. but with ability to add new entries so other plugins/macros could be triggered in the same way?

Thanks you kindly! Yes, other have expressed similar wishes. I am contemplating the design of it. I am hoping to build it, but it might be a while yet.

Redbot updated MQ2Boxr with a new update entry:

Support MuleAssist, remove campradius commands

Added support for MuleAssist

Removed the CampRadius command. This concept is modelled differently in the different combat assists, and mq2boxr will probably just cause confusion by including it.

When debug logging is enabled, boxr will now log all commands it executes.

Refactored how the box adapter objects are managed, to make it easier to extend with new adapters.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Redbot updated MQ2Boxr with a new update entry:

MQ2Boxr: Add BurnNow command

Sidien, Knightly, brainiac

Adds a new command to MQ2Boxr, /boxr BurnNow, which instructs the box to start burning the current target .

Also: emu support added, now supports all CWTN plugins, including unreleased.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The camp command issues (using war as example):
INI:
/war mode assist
/war resetcamp

So the intention is to update the camp location regardless of what mode the plugin is in. I will try to recreate the problem and investigate the cause.

If I can make a suggestion, make the resetcamp the first command.

Plugin - MQ2Boxr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back