• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2BardSwap (1 Viewer)

What can I do to make sure that even though I'm twisting during melee (with KissAssist), the bard's not swapping instruments during that twist but instead using her weapons only? I only want her to swap when she's NOT engaged in melee? For example, I lull (she swaps to Lute), I head back to group (she swaps to drum), I engage in melee(she switched to weapons) and if necessary, she has to mez (she'll switch to flute) and then reengage in melee (switch back to weapons). After combat, she's running the med (switched back to lute).

Is any of that possible?

Is this broken after last patch?

For some reason I double my instruments/weapons when I twist songs and swap instruments.

1 instrument gets autoinventoried but a second (copy) stays on the cursor and I get an error message I cant swap because I got an item on the cursor. When I manualy inventory this copy it disappears but I get the same problem next time I twist a song and try to swap instruments.

Strange stuff... maybe there is a problem with the new modified ui?

Anyone else got this problem? I so need mq2bardswap on rizlona for my epicless bard :-)

Seeing the same with reacts after todays patch where I swap enduring breath items.
The item from bags gets swapped in, but then the item being swapped out is both on cursor and in my bags. The one on cursor poofs if I click anywhere.
Seems to happen on any /exchange "itemname" slotnumber command.
I'm on next, is it happening on vv too?

wonder if this is related to the NULL item slot stuff that a few folks have reported over the past week or two - I hollared at @eqmule in case he has any thoughts

@krause and @aquietone i missread what you posted.

no the picking up double item thing appears to be an eq bug - can do it without mq2 loaded
realy? Pretty sure I only get this while having MQ2 loaded and using MQ2bardswap to change instruments. Unloading MQ2bardswap and changing instruments manualy works fine.

You can do a ghetto fix for now with mq2react:

Swap:
action: /autoi
condition: ${Cursor.ID}
any Idea how I could fix MQ2bardswap?

realy? Pretty sure I only get this while having MQ2 loaded and using MQ2bardswap to change instruments. Unloading MQ2bardswap and changing instruments manualy works fine.

any Idea how I could fix MQ2bardswap?
Well, I found the issue at server up, and tested it without mq2 loaded.

But bardswap is likely having a hiccup because something ends up being on your cursor when it shouldn't be possible, which is why a react to autoinventory when u have something on your cursor might fix.

So yah

I did this, to be more specific, just replace 11111 with the item ids of your instruments/weapons/etc.. Will still get in your way if you try and inventory any of those items, but a moderate quality of life improvement

YAML:
globals:
  ShouldInventory: >-
    ${Cursor.ID} == 11111 || ${Cursor.ID} == 11111 || ${Cursor.ID} ==
    11111 || ${Cursor.ID} == 11111 || ${Cursor.ID} == 11111
reacts:
  AutoInventory:
    action: /autoi
    condition: "${React.Global[ShouldInventory]}"
sleep_frames: 15

The regular EQ bandolier also has no issues swapping items, you could always use /bandolier activate <name> instead of commands like /exchange instrument slot, if you're willing to give up your bandolier slots to a bunch of instrument sets.

I wasn't saying not to use bardswap. I was suggesting using a different command in your bardswap ini, like

INI:
Horn=/bandolier activate horn
Drum=/bandolier activate drum
Lute=/bandolier activate lute
won't result in any items left on cursor, unlike the /exchange command currently.

I wasn't saying not to use bardswap. I was suggesting using a different command in your bardswap ini, like

INI:
won't result in any items left on cursor, unlike the /exchange command currently.

You have successfully used bandolier Horn.
You have successfully used bandolier Lute
You have successfully used bandolier Drum.
You have successfully used bandolier Melee.

*dies inside*

lol yeah... there is that.
Luckily my bards never really in the foreground. At least it goes to the "other" filter. The only annoying thing now is when i tab between toons making sure they all got credit for hailing a planar projection, and the bards flag is always scrolled off by the time i get to him thanks to bandolier spam.
I still prefer it though.. with /exchange in bardswap i got some weird issues sometimes if I died or something mid-swap with an instrument on the cursor. The instrument would disappear til i re-logged. It was a pretty rare occurrence, but that doesn't happen at all at least using /bandolier

INI:
ahhhh didnt get that at first. Great idea :-)

So ${BardSwap} evaluates to TRUE if swapping is currently toggled on and FALSE if it is not.

Is there an equivalent to tell if melee swapping is toggled on?

EDIT: Nevermind, it is ${BardSwap.MeleeSwap}

Last edited:
ok so i tried searching (here and google) and couldn't find a no, but also couldnt find a way to do it. Is there a way with bardswap to have it equip you're drum before using selo's sonata?

its working fine for all my other songs, switches in and out my instruments according to my ini, selo's sonata is the bard selo aa, it doesn't ut my drum in before doing that one. Was just trying to see if there was a way to change that.

ok so I tried searching for this answer and didnt find one, so unfortunately im gonna ask here and hope i dont look like a goober. with bardswap i notice everyone has the weapons=/exchange only doing 1 hand, all except the lute im using on one of the servers i been messin around on is offhand, but the lute is mainhand, but with 2 lines of weapons=/exchange, its not exchanging both, does that need to both be on one line? or am i doing it wrong? lol nvm, after much searching in other parts of the forums i found the fix to my problem.

Last edited:
Found a quality of life issue with this plugin:

If you exclude a song, it stays in whatever state the previous song finished on. This state seems to override /bardswap melee being engaged.

INI:
--Normal behavior, Bardswap Melee active

String song starts.
Swap to melee offhand.
Last second of song, swap in Lute offhand.
Song finishes.
Brass song starts.
Swap to melee offhand.
Last second of song, swap in Horn offhand.

--Excluded behavior, Bardswap Melee active

String song starts.
Swap to melee offhand.
Last second of song, swap in Lute offhand.
Song finishes.
Brass song excluded (Warsong of the Vah Shir).
Lute stays in offhand. | This should be "Swap to melee offhand." 2s duration of missed offhand swings.
Song finishes.
Next song starts.

Plugin - MQ2BardSwap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back