• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AdvPath

Plugin - MQ2AdvPath (1 Viewer)

Thank you for the bug report. I submitted an update for that annoyance regarding the directory creation message.

Is there a way to find out if the current waypoint is a checkpoint? What I would like to do is detect that and pause for a period of time (and do stuff). I guess could create loads of paths as a workaround...

Hello, I am having some trouble with this. I click on "watch" but it does not show up in plugins. In game when I click "Follow Me" i am told to type /plugin mq2advpath but the response is "plugin mq no loaded". I am brand new to this, I tried following the tutorials, what am I missing?

Hello, I am having some trouble with this. I click on "watch" but it does not show up in plugins. In game when I click "Follow Me" i am told to type /plugin mq2advpath but the response is "plugin mq no loaded". I am brand new to this, I tried following the tutorials, what am I missing?
howdy oogey
any plugin that is "included in Very Vanilla"
1608851572215.png
you dont need to manually download - your VV launcher will automatically download it

then in game (with mq2 loaded) you /plugin mq2advpath load

i believe mq2advpath already comes set to be loaded

to see in game what plugins are loaded, and if this one is loaded, type in /plugin list and then look at what the MQ window spits out.. this will at least tell you if its loaded or if it still needs to be (via the instructions sic listed above)..

howdy oogey
any plugin that is "included in Very Vanilla"
View attachment 26874
you dont need to manually download - your VV launcher will automatically download it

then in game (with mq2 loaded) you /plugin mq2advpath load

i believe mq2advpath already comes set to be loaded
[/QUOTE

Thank you, it worked. There is a ton of information on here to sift through. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of how to turn off the map stuff? My comp isnt handling it well, and I found it a bit too much info

to see in game what plugins are loaded, and if this one is loaded, type in /plugin list and then look at what the MQ window spits out.. this will at least tell you if its loaded or if it still needs to be (via the instructions sic listed above)..
That is a good feature to know how to use. Thank you for the information.

Anyone used these settings in the ini?

MQ2AdvPath.ini

Rich (BB code):

[settings.server.ToonName]
AutoStopFollow=0
AutoStopPath=0
UseStuckLogic=1

• AutoStopFollow=0/1/2 - how it works now/pause/turns off
  • AutoStopPath=0/1/2 - how it works now/pause/turns off
  • UseStuckLogic= 0/1 = off/on

I sometimes get chars stuck and was curious if the UseStuckLogic would help.

Also if it needs to be in the main ini with a subheading for each character? Like [settings.Vox.ToonBob] in the example?

Then my last question is I am using a CWTN plugin and just having lower level chars follow the driver toon to get exp. I have them inv and ivu so they don't die and while /afollow seems to work great sometimes the alts get stuck running into an object the driver toon did not run into. Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Then my last question is I am using a CWTN plugin and just having lower level chars follow the driver toon to get exp. I have them inv and ivu so they don't die and while /afollow seems to work great sometimes the alts get stuck running into an object the driver toon did not run into. Is there a better way to accomplish this?
make sure you don't have too low background fps in your eq settings or any other kind of limiter like isboxer - this will cause both nav and afollow issues

make sure you don't have too low background fps in your eq settings or any other kind of limiter like isboxer - this will cause both nav and afollow issues

I have background fps at 60. Was much worse before that change. It is a pretty rare occurrence. Funny seeing a character running straight into a tree though in the middle of the forest. I am sure he can't see the forest for the....

Is there a way to adjust the distance of one (or more) my toons following my tank using /afollow? I would like for them to follow the tank a little further back instead of being right behind him.

Thanks @jande for steering me to this plugin.

Here's my mq2advpath file for the COV Skyshrine Mission collectibles. It requires you to kill drakes on the other side of a bunch of See Invis trash mobs. With this path, your selos speed mage can run by all the trash to a safe area in the drake room!

If you don't already have a skyshrinetwo.ini file then drop this file in your ..\release\mq2advpath folder and when your mage is ready to run type /play skyshrine_mission.
(If skyshrinetwo.ini already exists on your system then you'll need to copy out the contents of my file and paste into your existing file!)

There is one very sensitive transition so be ready to hit drape of shadows on your mage if you have a laggy connection or slow computer! The golems move slow so you can wait until the mage quits running.

Edit to add a picture of my mage's "Save Me" button with Drape of Shadows invoked... save_me.JPG

Attachments

• skyshrinetwo.ini
    7.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My group hasn't been able to follow me correctly all day. They've been not following me but instead just chasing after me from any angle, which leads them to falling in to traps and sticking on objects. This doesn't seem normal.
are you sure you don't have afollow stuck on (with the followme button)? this would not be using mq2nav.

what are you using to "follow me" with?

Using the MQ2 Follow me toggle button. Are you sayinig follow me doesn't use the mesh to navigate?
yes, correct, unrelated to mq2nav.

/bcga //afollow off

or

unclick the button

I moved your post to the MQ2AdvPath thread which is what does the a following

you can and will have less than desired afollowing results with background toons if you have "Max Background FPS" set to min. i would suggest 60 (or at least 30+(

Interesting the FPS are at 60, thank you. If i can;t get it right real quick i'll just not dungeon crawl where there are ledges and traps.
afollow tries to repeat a recorded path from the person they're following

whatever automation you're using likely has some built-in chasemode, and you should consider using that

Question: I am new to MQ2 but after playing around with some of the plugins, one of my boxes wants to keep following my tank around and I dont know why. its not the afollow command, and it doesnt seem to be related to the follow button as that is not pressed.

Question: I am new to MQ2 but after playing around with some of the plugins, one of my boxes wants to keep following my tank around and I dont know why. its not the afollow command, and it doesnt seem to be related to the follow button as that is not pressed.
Well, if you are using /afollow like the follow me button, then you would need to /afollow off on everyone so they stop afollowing.

Otherwise if you are using whatever chase is in your automation, then you would take them out of chase mode

Is there a way I can make my group follow me closer then they are right now. feels like they follow to far from me and don’t get bard buffs

sorry general i guess not sure. i don't use muleassist or rgmercs i use kissassist but i don't use a command i use the button under the group that says follow me
the "follow me" is from mq2advpath plugin (the button just clicks it)

you can modify what the button does, but in general the mq2advpath "afollow" is the culprit here.

I would strongly recommend in places that you can, you use the respective "chase" mode from your automation, which usually uses mq2nav to "chase" along with the tank instead of the "afollow"

the "follow me" is from mq2advpath plugin (the button just clicks it)

you can modify what the button does, but in general the mq2advpath "afollow" is the culprit here.

I would strongly recommend in places that you can, you use the respective "chase" mode from your automation, which usually uses mq2nav to "chase" along with the tank instead of the "afollow"
Thanks Sic

Im just getting started with MQNext... Im having an issue with the "follow me" button. The error I receive is as follows on all the toons im trying to get to follow:

[{/msg CharA] //multiline ; /afollow off:/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn 5393

I have tried reloading MQ2 advpath.... I have the mesh loaded for the zone ETC... Never had an issue with MQ2 so im assuming something isnt loaded correctly...

Any help would be much appreciated.

V/R
Jane
where is the error you mention?

make sure mq2advpath is loaded on all of your toons.

the follow me button uses mq2advpath as you mentioned, but it doesn't use mq2nav, and thus mesh isn't a thing that will have any bearing

if //multiline ; /afollow off:/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn 5393 is your exact message and not a typo?
then you will need to edit this, as you have some colons where semi-colons should be, and missing spaces after the semi-colons

you also need everyone connected to eqbc and in group for the default follow-me to work.

do you have everyone on eqbc? if you do a /bccmd names do you see everyone?

steps to check:

1. does everyone have mq2advpath loaded? if not, they need to have it loaded
2. is everyone on eqbc, you can do the /bccmd names and you should see them
if not, you should:​
1. restart your computer​
2. launch macroquest​
3. right click on the mq icon​
1640281853120.png
4. left click on the "Start EQBC Server"
1640281868660.png
5. do not close the eqbc server, you need that.
6. log in game
7. /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1
8. /bccmd set autoconnect on

Thank you for the responses Sic. You definitely gave me some things to check when i get home.

As far as the [{/msg CharA] //multiline ; /afollow off:/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn 5393 is concerned, that was the error message i was getting on all of my other accounts when i hit follow me. I guess since im getting that message on those accounts, that means they are connected to eqbc? Ill make sure Advpath is loaded on all accounts and hopefully that fixes the issue... thx again Sic..

And Merry Christmas to you!
a. that isn't an error message. that is you hitting the button and the echo telling you what you said to hit.
b. you will need to check the other things i asked. We don't know if they're on eqbc, but I did mention twice how to confirm :)

So coming back and relearning changes and such,
When I use the /follow command it is acting like a chase/stick command, it will turn off auto-follow when it gets near the PC and stay stuck on that PC
Unloading mq2advpath disables this

I checked /alias list and saw nothing there so assuming this is mq2advpath doing it

Looking at the wiki page I did not see this behavior documented or a way to enable/disable

Plugin - MQ2AdvPath

Users who are viewing this thread

Back