• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2 vs SoE (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadeone

RedCents
MQ2 in a shell shows you what is already being sent to your PC. From NPC's on your map to you being able to target anything in zone. Its all there already on your PC and/or being transmitted. Theres no way they can tell you are running it unless you are sitting there warping around like a moron in open zones in front of other people, or, you go around bragging about it.

Nine months ago or so, there was a scare about them tracking warping too and that anyone who was warping would be detected and banned. While warping is an active hack, it is also very easily mistaken as lag. Hence it too was just another scare from SoE.

Every year they do this to try and cut down on MQ2 users. And while this may have been the worst report of bannings from them I do beleive its cause there are more people ever then before using MQ2. Especially due to precompiles listed here and im sure other forums that anyone can pay $5 to get access too. Doing precompiles was a mistake. Back when velious and SoL were released there was only a fraction of us using MQ then. Due to precompiles, the amount of people using it has grew enourmous.

When no one used it SOE didnt care, just like when there are bugs they arent forced to fix them untill a majority of the people are using it. After 7 years of eq and over 12 accounts, MQ is the only thing that makes this dying game playable. Without it, I would cancel everyone of my subscriptions. Why SoE would mass ban people and in the end only hurt their revenue is beyond me. Lets get real, I know GMs read these boards, ITS A VIDEO GAME. No one cares. The fact of the matter is would you wanna lose $150 a month cause someone is using a program that makes them want to play your game, or say, its a game, and its money in our pocket. Thats what it boils down too. SoE will make or break this.

People macro for all kinds of reasons. I do it cause I absolutly HATE LFG for hours on end. I dont log on so I can sit there and wait 3 hours just to sigh and log off and go to bed. Its the reason I started boxing and I beleive others too. Its how we want to enjoy the game, why should SoE care? I play 2 groups so I can raid things to advance, level, progress my toons.

They wanna ban people who make money of EQ. Again I ask why? So someone makes some cash. They still pay you each month. I just doesnt make sense. They are cutting their legs off from underneth them. There are people who make money off this game to pay their bills, schooling, and enrich their lives. Why take that away? Sure if theres people hacking the game to solo mobs that werent ment to be solo killed sure why not ban them, but there is a line. People who macro cause they box and enjoy playing is just insane. I would even go as far as saying warping is acceptable. I know a guy that uses MQ to warp his toons around cause running 6 toons somewhere is annoying. He pays his dues every month just like me and all of us. He only uses it cause it lets him get where hes going faster so that he can sit down after work and enjoy playing this game.

For the love of god, let the people who use MQ use it, and those who are blind to things that go on behind the scenes live in their ignorant bliss. Its a game that we all play, most enjoy, and mass banning people is just taking the crutch out of a game that has lasted longer then it should have.

EQ is going to die, its just a matter of time. Soon they will be combining the servers again till its nothing. 3 cheers for patch day and me having nothing to do. I hope that all who were banned get their accounts back, and I hope theres someone from soe reading this right now. Because wether you want to admit it or not, I am right. Let people enjoy this game how they see fit. Ban the people who are intensionally mean to people, train people, KS people, the people who are activly out to hurt other players. Dont ban the quiet people who keep to themselves in their boxed groups. Ban the people who macro in open zones at camps that people try to go to, dont ban people who go out of their way to macro in an instanted zone where they are hurting no one. Us boxers stay to ourselves and dont bother anyone. Shift your attention else where. Use your energy to fix bugs, pathing problems and game glitches that give everyone headaches. Fix things form old content that still to this day remains broke cause you are too busy banning people that are playing the game the only way they can stand to now.

LEAVE US ALONE.

Excellent post.

And everyone thought I was crazy when I suggested that pre-compiles not be allowed to be posted here.

You hit the nail on the head. The fact of the matter is, they have taken notice NOW, rather than later because so many people are using MQ2. More people using MQ2, because it's easily accessible where once before it wasn't.

Point and case. The warez community has been around..well, since the advent of modems. No one ever gave a shit to stop it, cause you had to be intelligent enough to write your own dialup scripts, find active loopbacks for free long distance dialing, etc etc. that only the elitest of the elite were actively trading free programs etc. Then, every Joe Blow started hosting Http sites offering the newest 0-day warez, and average people who knew how to get on the internet and do a yahoo search for "warez" could get free games and software.

Then the arrests began.

The community got too big too fast. Large in part to pre-compiles. Not just this site, but the many others out there.

It's fact. Is it too late to change it all?

Maybe.

here here....

I do agree that the precompiles removed the technical barrier that was naturally in place to keep the non-technical from running stuff they simply don't understand.

jadeone said:
MQ2 in a shell shows you what is already being sent to your PC. From NPC's on your map to you being able to target anything in zone. Its all there already on your PC and/or being transmitted. Theres no way they can tell you are running it unless you are sitting there warping around like a moron in open zones in front of other people, or, you go around bragging about it.

Please explain why there's no way they can tell you are running it, even without doing active things. Then, explain why people used to run this stuff on linux boxes separate from their computers.

jadeone said:
Nine months ago or so, there was a scare about them tracking warping too and that anyone who was warping would be detected and banned. While warping is an active hack, it is also very easily mistaken as lag. Hence it too was just another scare from SoE.

Thinking they can't devise a way to detect it is very arrogant and ignorant.

jadeone said:
Every year they do this to try and cut down on MQ2 users. And while this may have been the worst report of bannings from them I do beleive its cause there are more people ever then before using MQ2. Especially due to precompiles listed here and im sure other forums that anyone can pay $5 to get access too. Doing precompiles was a mistake. Back when velious and SoL were released there was only a fraction of us using MQ then. Due to precompiles, the amount of people using it has grew enourmous.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. People doing shit like MQ2Faketell is what gets MQ looked at. People doing shit like ghosting and killing HIGH END RAID MOBS is what gets MQ2 looked at. People gating and warping their team of 15 alts to get exp from tasks is what gets MQ2 looked at. You think Sony cares if you're hacking to see the location of mobs on the map? Hell, they have publicly stated that macro'ing for tradeskills is acceptable as long as you're at the keyboard.

jadeone said:
When no one used it SOE didnt care, just like when there are bugs they arent forced to fix them untill a majority of the people are using it. After 7 years of eq and over 12 accounts, MQ is the only thing that makes this dying game playable. Without it, I would cancel everyone of my subscriptions. Why SoE would mass ban people and in the end only hurt their revenue is beyond me. Lets get real, I know GMs read these boards, ITS A VIDEO GAME. No one cares. The fact of the matter is would you wanna lose $150 a month cause someone is using a program that makes them want to play your game, or say, its a game, and its money in our pocket. Thats what it boils down too. SoE will make or break this.

Your knowledge of economics, or lack thereof, is astounding. Not only are you implying that they should care about $150, you're implying that they lose that $150/month. Neither of which has to be true, but your argument is based on it being true, therefore your argument is faulty at best.

jadeone said:
People macro for all kinds of reasons. I do it cause I absolutly HATE LFG for hours on end. I dont log on so I can sit there and wait 3 hours just to sigh and log off and go to bed. Its the reason I started boxing and I beleive others too. Its how we want to enjoy the game, why should SoE care? I play 2 groups so I can raid things to advance, level, progress my toons.

First of all, the game is not intended to be played like that, whether you like it or not. If you didn't like it, then you should have picked another game. Second, why do you have to use MQ2 to box 2 groups? Sam Deathwalker does it without MQ2. You can too. If you can't that's your own fault. You can't just say, I hate living in this house so I gotta get some money and buy a new one...go rob a bank, buy a new house, and expect to pay no consequences. You cheated, you broke the rules, you pay for it.

jadeone said:
They wanna ban people who make money of EQ. Again I ask why? So someone makes some cash. They still pay you each month. I just doesnt make sense. They are cutting their legs off from underneth them. There are people who make money off this game to pay their bills, schooling, and enrich their lives. Why take that away? Sure if theres people hacking the game to solo mobs that werent ment to be solo killed sure why not ban them, but there is a line. People who macro cause they box and enjoy playing is just insane. I would even go as far as saying warping is acceptable. I know a guy that uses MQ to warp his toons around cause running 6 toons somewhere is annoying. He pays his dues every month just like me and all of us. He only uses it cause it lets him get where hes going faster so that he can sit down after work and enjoy playing this game.

First of all, your first argument implies that they're targetting people who make money off EQ. How do you know this? What shred of evidence do you have that would remotely make this true? As to your argument about warping, it isn't how the game is intended. If you go out and make a game, then you can make the rules. Until then, it's fucking business, welcome to the real world.

jadeone said:
For the love of god, let the people who use MQ use it, and those who are blind to things that go on behind the scenes live in their ignorant bliss. Its a game that we all play, most enjoy, and mass banning people is just taking the crutch out of a game that has lasted longer then it should have.

Your first statement imples that there is no in-between. What about the people that know about MQ2, don't like it, and feel it ruins their game time? Again, your argument implies that SoE must see their game as failing in order for your argument to be true. Maybe SoE sees killing MQ2 as removing a thorn from under their toenail.

jadeone said:
EQ is going to die, its just a matter of time. Soon they will be combining the servers again till its nothing. 3 cheers for patch day and me having nothing to do. I hope that all who were banned get their accounts back, and I hope theres someone from soe reading this right now. Because wether you want to admit it or not, I am right. Let people enjoy this game how they see fit. Ban the people who are intensionally mean to people, train people, KS people, the people who are activly out to hurt other players. Dont ban the quiet people who keep to themselves in their boxed groups. Ban the people who macro in open zones at camps that people try to go to, dont ban people who go out of their way to macro in an instanted zone where they are hurting no one. Us boxers stay to ourselves and dont bother anyone. Shift your attention else where. Use your energy to fix bugs, pathing problems and game glitches that give everyone headaches. Fix things form old content that still to this day remains broke cause you are too busy banning people that are playing the game the only way they can stand to now.

LEAVE US ALONE.

The fact that to know some of the things you say you're right about, you must have a crystal ball, is amazing. Can I borrow it? WTB Seeing the future pls!

Once again, SoE created or paid to have EQ created. Their game will be played by their rules, not yours or anyone else's.

The thing about banning only certain people, is sooner or later people learn a way around that and start doing more shit in hiding, ala Vxed macro/Ghost killing/NoKos. Whether you're playing with your boxed groups honestly or not, there are people who will ruin it for you anyways, ala TP's MQ2FakeTell bs that's going to draw even more attention with fewer people using than Ghost ever did. Ghost stuck to who was using it, FakeTell will bring attention to the masses if used on even one fourth of the scale Ghost was used.

I love MQ. I've had 2 of my accounts banned as you can see on my sig which has been there for about 6 months now. So don't get me wrong, I'm right there with you, but blaming Sony is downright idiotic.

You cheated, you broke the rules, you KNEW you were breaking the rules, so what's the big freaking deal? Did you think you'd get away with it forever?

Stop crying, man up to your punishment, and move on with your life.

I aggree the "mean" are more of an issue than a casual MQ2 user, but they can't write a script that auto bans the "mean" people; it's easier to detect warping.

First of all. I have never been banned, nor will I. Secondly, it is their game. But if there is no MQ can anyone who uses it now say they will still pay for 2, 3, or even 4+ accounts if they cant macro it? Its like owning a nice sports car, then being asked to go back to your 3 cylinder geo metro. You wouldnt. MQ is the guise which we put over EQ to make it playable, as without it, there is no will to grind on. They are brother and sister now. Without one, the other is useless. I think I can speak for most when I say if there is no MQ, there is no more EQ for me. It was never intended to be played like it is now, but it has evolved into it. And thats just how it is. Show me one person thats been playing 4+ years and doesnt now use it. There isnt any, the people who didnt use it got bored and quit. Both how you and I feel are opinions, and rightfully expressed. But I still feel I am right about my point of veiw as im sure it reflects what most feel.

I know about 20 people IRL who know about MQ, know what it can do, and don't care. They play the game for the game. They also have lots of time on their hands.

Jadeone, I have been palying since '99 and JUST started using MQ2.. I find it fun, if only for things like /gravity 0 and warping around to random coordinates.. I've lost more exp through MQ2 than gained, lol.

ddd000 said:
I aggree the "mean" are more of an issue than a casual MQ2 user, but they can't write a script that auto bans the "mean" people; it's easier to detect warping.

Yes ddd000, you are right. However thats what the /petition and /report commands are for. SoE brushes them aside much like they did people using MQ way back in the day. The fact is would you rather play a game where people are nice, respectful of your camps, and helpful or a server where someone will train and wipe you just because you are there and they have nothing better to do?

I have been on a both kinds of servers. It completely changes the way the game is played and perceived. If they seen, well, we have got 5 petitions this month for this guy training people, lets ban him, he wouldnt be around causing trouble anymore, would he? And before you say, well, if that was teh case people could just keep logging in toons and petition till the person was banned, they can track IPs, account info and much more im sure. The bottom line is if said person wasnt being an ass bucket in the first place, they wouldnt be getting petitioned.

LOL

Guns, don't kill people. People kill people. So lets give everyone a gun the way we are giving everyone precompiled MQ2. Then see if the gun laws start getting changed and enforced.

1. I know 3 people in real life that have been playing since beta and just found out about MQ. I can't imagine it's all that rare.
2. I don't use MQ to make money. I could sure use it, but that's just not why I want to play. I wouldn't think that's all that rare, either.
3. I now worship Darkeros.

My thoughts for the day.

Dark.

BUt if it only costs 4.95 to get it...I mean come on. The only reason pre-compiles began was an ego stroke. Who could be the "leetest".

Everyone should grow the fuck up. Now we're looking at not having MQ2 at all.

Why? Cause some 15 yr old wanted his taint stroked by a bunch of online strangers?

I do beleive people just finding out about MQ a rarity. Cause people who have been playing that long have quit or ebayed. Also people just now finding out about might have only started playing a year ago. Again, most hardcore longterm players use it. Back when MQ was that, there were now precompiles, there were no precompiled plugins. It was write the code yourself or heres the code compile it yourself.

While it isnt hard to compile MQ2, most dont have the knowledge to do it. Even with guides on HOW TO people still get hung up. It is those people that I feel dont deserve the use of this tool. Thats how MQ has lived has long as it did.

And I stress again, EQ1 is a dying game, and SOE doesnt care that much about it to invest more time in it. Thats why there has been bugs over 3 years old still in the game. Its for that same reason that MQ or hacking tools used in EQ2 or WoW for example have a HIGH detectability. Those are new games that they want to go on for many more years, which is why they put time into safeguarding them. Maybe mass banning people will give them an excuse to end eq1 all together. Who knows.

They cant tell your using MQ " out of the box" unless they sniff what programs are running on your computer, the MQ2 that the devs support is all client side. They didnt update the Eula so I am going to say that they havent added a program sniffer to eqgame.exe. Hence they cant tell if youare running it if you dont mess around with active hacks, AFK macro, or just generally be stupid.

lol

I mean really. It's the reason most people use it. Without it, I wouldn't be able to play with some of my hardcore friends. What's the harm in that? I just don't get it.

letmein said:
Dark.

BUt if it only costs 4.95 to get it...I mean come on. The only reason pre-compiles began was an ego stroke. Who could be the "leetest".

Why? Cause some 15 yr old wanted his taint stroked by a bunch of online strangers?

Omg, i spit french fries all over my computer laughing at that one, Thanks letmein, i needed that to pass the time while downloading the update, *sigh* inc ban soon for me anyway, lol, back to eq2 where its easy to cheat. :P

Just my 2cp on the precompiles...

Do I have the knowledge to figure out how? Yes. Do I have the time? Yes. Can I afford the extra program/programs needed to do said compiles? No. Not everyone can just get mommy or daddy to go buy it, and, not everyone feels like getting into software piracy on a large scale. I for one very much appreciate the open compiles. I have never gotten banned, but I dont do ignorant things in game either. I just get a compile, edit it to my personal liking, and give it to a few close real life friends. We enjoy it, and we commend you. Thanks. You have made our gaming experience a pleasant one.

Just face it.. Every game I have EVER played has some kind of cheats to it, eventually. EQ is no exception. Sony will get off their high horse and let it slide in time. I do personally believe that they are with a quickness getting rid or the obnoxios and blatant users of MQ2, you know who you are, or you wouldnt be sitting there biting your fingernails and wondering if toiletpaper is what you should invest in, to clean up where you just shit yourself.

Again however, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.. and this is mine.

~Polit

You dont need hundreds of dollars to compile MQ. Its called using your resources.

Use google. Find where on Microsofts website you can try Visual Studios.
Fill in the form with bogus info, real email. It will email you the user info.
Email the compile to yourself.
Check your email and waa laa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you there are more steps such as reconfiguring the emulated server you are on, but it works. I did it for years then I had a friend give me a copy of his.

If you truely need MQ, you will find a way to compile it.

Not everyone can just get mommy or daddy to go buy it

EBay, 20 bucks, VS .NET 2003, CD's, box, the works. Even though my version is pirated there are cheap alternatives. Also if you spend some time reading around the MQ site you can get the 2005? beta for nothing and they have fixes on there to help you compile. It takes some smarts to find what you want and be able to use it. When you hand it out for 5 bucks any dick can play with it and screw it up for the rest.

plenty of people don't use mq and they are the ones reporting/petitioniong it's use to say that all the long time players use mq2 is idiotic, that's simply not true on my server i am willing to bet the majority do not cheat in any way.

The people that piss me off are the people that think it's not cheating to use mq2 outta the box, but they go around using their MQ2map to petition/report people that use custom plugins. Cheating is cheating no matter how you look at it.

Compiling eq = no brainer, and there are trial versions of VS like jade said, or omg go buy the fucking program its $80-100 and you will use it atleast once a month, so it's a good buy!

I've played since the beginning and will probably play till the end, I'm just that hardcore ! If MQ2 dies off though you will see me selling a lot my bots and keeping maybe 2 or 3 accounts to raid/box with .

I have played EQ since 2000.
I didnt start using MQ2 until early this year.
I was in fact one of the few that believed EQ was un-hackable.

I have used MQ2 in several different ways, none of which "I" considered to be evil or pushing the envelope on others ability to enjoy the game. I own 7 accounts which I have been boxing 6 at a time since 2001. I did all the boxing pre-MQ2. It is hard to run 6 toons on 6 pc's efficiently and I usually died alot, but had a net gain in xp. I have played in low end guilds and end game guilds. In the last few months I have stopped using MQ2 except during solo sessions or xp groups. I do not use it on raids because how i use it does not benefit my raid play. With this current banning session going on I have thus stopped using MQ2. I enjoyed using it, I would use it still if I felt I was not threatening my mains existence in EQ. I enjoyed coding macro's and altering them to my whim. I will continue to be apart of these boards because I think its a great past time for those that lose interest in playing the game as intended.

I really do not like any aspect of a game or hack that would allow you to directly enfluence someone elses enjoyment of a game. To alot, those statements will have much grey area and its complete definition will change from person to person reading them. That is fine as everyone is entitled to an oppinion and oppinions are something that cant be wrong its just your view on life. To me directly enfluencing someone elses enjoyment of game or gameplay is simple. If you can alter their character in any way you have crossed a line imo. I really do not care if someone can solo the Fabled King of Chardok from zone in. I really dont care if you can solo 1500aa in a month. I really do not care if you can drop every negative spell that lands on you in a raid/group and stand there un-phased by anything in an encounter. What bothers me is when I have to worry about dieing because some jerk can loot my corpse...or send tells that appear to originate from my characters. Or anything else that will directly change anything on my character or falsely use my characters account status or name.

People, you can sit here and justify anything if you try. That is what debate is for...its what ambassadors are for, its what every "evil" man in history has done. Everyone keeps pointing out we are part of a community. Part of the Red Guides community. That is true...we are also part of the MQ2 community...the EQ community...and the MMORPG community. There are many circles in which people reside that are not mutually exclusive to each other. Personally, I do not understand why anyone sits here and bitches about how SoE does anything. When did this community become a 5 year olds play pen and not a place where mature adults came to have fun finding ways around the latest obstacle? Any hack that allows you to hurt another so casually is a base insult to anyone in any of those community's. Sure guns dont kill people, people kill people. But obviously we dont give 5 year olds guns and say take this to school and wave it around.

Having the knowledge to effect the world around you seldom means you have the wisdom to effect a change of meaningful purpose.

Veggie

letmein said:
Dark.

You keep putting out information that you obviously have no clue about. I don't mean this in a harsh way, it's just you can chill out with this.

Just by this quote, you have proved you have no idea how the RG scene was started and why precompiles are made here.

Zedmix was the first one to do it here, a very long time ago, and he did it before prizes were available. He was just helping the scene and helping the people here because almost everyone that came here was nice, helped each other, and posted information whether someone asked for it or not, trying to get a collection going. I wish the boards could have been kept the same, but it was inevitable for it to change because you eventually get some peeps who want to come here, gank the info, and use it for their advancement either money-wise or on other hacking boards.

It sucks the way the boards have changed, but at least get your facts straight about these boards, if nothing else.

MQ2 vs SoE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back