• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Mq2 Update (1 Viewer)

I know they changed structs, but they also changed structs at the last big patch. It was said that those haven't been changed in a long while as well and that they were realy big too. Managed to get a source a day and a quarter later. I am just curious as to why it takes that long. Maybe because other projects in the works for them?

It takes time, just wait or do it yourself. People have lives outside of EQ and since it's pretty much just lax and dkaa it's quite tough when there are major changes. I really hope you donated to MQ2 project since you are asking about it so much.

There's been some major changes to some code in EQ and that translates into major changes in MQ2. I can't believe dkaa is doing it for us since he doesn't even play EQ but he is doing it and he deserves every penny. Please support the project or you will put precompiler out of business :=]

the reason i say that is because if you read the MQ2 forums it says right on there that it is going to be a while for MQ2 to come back out. every patch that changes the .exe fucks up MQ2. Which means these "tremor" patches after the innitial "7.0 rictor scale" patch, *if they change the .exe as well* set MQ2 back to square one.

sony got creative and did things like aparenlty removed the spawn list from the client, or hide it very well, also rewrote the code for many many other things in the client. so its gonna be awhile to sort out the code and figger shit out. and with the way the servers been acting tonight, what all crashing 3 times in an hour, 1 min + server lag, etc, prolly more patches to come i expect

Mq2 Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back