• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - MQ2 Truebox removed, back to normal on Phinigel / Quarm (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,670¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Phinigel's population increased since MQ2 Truebox's release, but drama, poor boxing practices, and undesired attention increased as well.

Today MQ2 Truebox is being retired. Maybe when everyone can play responsibly eqmule will give it another go.

You are still welcome to discuss all things Phinigel / Quarm, including boxing strategies and programs in our progression forum. But we are dropping official support for now.

I honestly don't feel that the person who caused the uproar was even using the Truebox version of Mq2.

That being said though, the population of Phinigel has proven time and time again that they can't handle other people's opinions and are immature enough that it seems it's just better not to interact with them at all. I'm not speaking for everyone there, but some of them. That's just my personal opinion at least, they are all full of angst I guess that their lives didn't end up where they wanted 20 years since playing this game and they're taking it out on others.

Most of us were scared to use Truebox because of the community there and if anyone caught us how we'd be criticized for playing the game differently. The whole Ragefire/Lockjaw Boxer and drama issues are still to fresh in everyones head and they need a scapegoat, when they're not blaming daybreak they're going to blame Boxers or Mq2 or isboxer. Honestly making an MQ for that server probably won't be worth it for another two or three years, until the expansions "pinnacle" and go into the boring ones and people start quitting.

People on live haven't even fully accepted Mq2 yet, we still got people linking to posts from 2004 saying the program isn't allowed when it says right in the Phinigel FAQ that it is on normal servers and isn't on Phinigel. Anyone with reading skills that poor is probably not worth your time to interact with or try and deal with. Best just leave them all be and enjoy their own little bubble like they want to.

The TL;DR version of what I said ^ =P

Also to those who put time and effort into making an Mq2 for Quarm/Phinigel and making it available to us, thank you for your effort and I am sure I am not the only person who feels this way, but sorry that your effort is disregarded and you're treated poorly for it rather than thanked. It definitely is a bummer

Really hate to hear this. I was only using it to keep my special attacks on cooldown, plus item info and chat timestamps... but those are huge QoL things for me.

Well look at it this way. Week/months of MQ not being the culprit... ought to sort out the other irresponsible sods who are ruining it for the responsible MQ users later on

The upside of this is that I'll have more time to focus on making mq2 perfect in every regard, next zip will have a 100% perfect /pickup added so no more weird stuff using itemnotify/have to open bags and messy stuff. Ill keep it really simple /moveitem "name" <qty> Moves <qty> of name to your cursor.
/moveitem <qty> 23 4 places whatever qty of what's on your cursor in bag 23 slot 4
/moveitem <qty> 23 4 puts whatever is in bag 23 slot 4 on your cursor

That should cover all scenarios for moving items except moving directly from one slot to another, in which case /moveitem "name" to 23 4 would work I'm still fuzzy on the details but one thing is for sure this is when mq2exchange finally gonna die. (Yes this will work on tlp servers as well)

The upside of this is that I'll have more time to focus on making mq2 perfect in every regard, next zip will have a 100% perfect /pickup added so no more weird stuff using itemnotify/have to open bags and messy stuff. Ill keep it really simple /moveitem "name" <qty> Moves <qty> of name to your cursor.
/moveitem <qty> 23 4 places whatever qty of what's on your cursor in bag 23 slot 4

That should cover all scenarios for moving items except moving directly from one slot to another, in which case /moveitem "name" to 23 4 would work I'm still fuzzy on the details but one thing is for sure this is when mq2exchange finally gonna die. (Yes this will work on tlp servers as well)

Holy crap, my non-epic TLP bard love you LONG LONG time sir.

They'll find something new to complain about, I'm just glad it won't be us.

Heh true. I just mean the serverpolice wont be able to blame those dudes using 3rd party software on MQ, least not for a while. Made enough of a splash when truebox came out that even standing up too fast was being blamed on MQ use, heh.

Some folks just want to watch the servers burn....

Quite honestly, I am glad that the Truebox version is being dropped (for the time being). I completely agree with LurkMcGurk that people should leave servers like Phini alone until the time comes when the pop drops low enough that people will be begging to box and/or when the expansions move so far ahead that people will be tired of having to press 100 buttons to maximize on the games available interface. Leave the assholes on Phini alone and stop giving them ammo to use. I hate having to see people getting accounts banned (or being worried about my own being banned) all because some of you want to play with anti boxers.

I love MQ and I love EQ. Let people have the separate spaces to play things in the way that makes them happy while ultimately keeping the lights on for all the companies and staff (Daybreak and MQ).

Having some of this functionality really was a Quality of life thing for me, it helped make just 2 boxing much more enjoyable.

Without it, I can't see playing on the TLP servers any longer.

That's a total bummer.

I also used EQBC for 2-boxing. Mapped 1 key to 1 command. Let me stay on one set of controls and look at one machine. Controlling two characters at once at the same time while a fight was going on and you were pulling was pretty fun/intense. I will now have to pause while pulling to handle targeting/commanding of fight : (.

What is sad is that the person in question said that they weren't using MQ2 : (. I don't know if they were lying or not. Either way, it makes it look like the moment EQBC came out, it got abused thoroughly, set off DBG and the community, and now we are left with nothing : (.

I also used EQBC for 2-boxing. Mapped 1 key to 1 command. Let me stay on one set of controls and look at one machine. Controlling two characters at once at the same time while a fight was going on and you were pulling was pretty fun/intense. I will now have to pause while pulling to handle targeting/commanding of fight : (.

What is sad is that the person in question said that they weren't using MQ2 : (. I don't know if they were lying or not. Either way, it makes it look like the moment EQBC came out, it got abused thoroughly, set off DBG and the community, and now we are left with nothing : (.

Google the following:
Mouse without borders
Input Director
Synergy

There are many different programs out there that work to allow you to send mouse/keyboard clicks to other PCs. The difference is that they do not allow you to hook into the EQ game like EQBC did. If you were using EQBC to simply send 1 command to 1 other pc, then these programs will accomplish exactly what you were doing before.

Can we get /useitem "itemname" working on TLP from bags too?!

DBG should just open a phinny like server(but allow mq2 and boxing) so no one will complain. EQ will still get its subs, we still get our mq2/boxing software, and lastly complainers still have their normal servers. Just let us have a server that instances zones and let us roam!!!!!

Having some of this functionality really was a Quality of life thing for me, it helped make just 2 boxing much more enjoyable.

Without it, I can't see playing on the TLP servers any longer.

That's a total bummer.

It still works great on Ragefire and Lockjaw. Just not Phinny or Quarm. You can also transfer your toons from Phinny to Ragefire until Phinny hits Luclin.

I think this is just the wrong dessision. If you only would limit EQBC to like 3 clients the problem would be solved.
The other limitations was otherwise valid. (altho some few more plugins would be nice to have)

And the suggestion to move servers is just stupid.. as you cant move your whole guild and friends.
But then again, playing on an TLP server maby, as it should, make you reatch out more and have more friends and interact with more players.. and not only dwell in your own boxed group.

I used MQ Truebox to make the everyday go on smoother, add more fun to the game and therefore make me want to play it more and hopefully longer.
That, shold be any moneywanting companys goal: long lasting customers.

This goes for DBG and this site, why continue to pay if i dont get anything for it?

Hope Truebox comming back soon (with suggested change)

/Regards /high five

In the grand scheme of keeping MQ2 use to a dull roar so that the general population isn't revolting, removing the truebox mq2 was the right decision. While a semantics argument could be had regarding whether or not the truebox mq2 should be called "mq2," it obviously caused enough disruption as to spark a public spike in MQ2-related discussions. It's those situations that force a business like DBG to make choices regarding the pure community versus the boxing/MQ2 community. We don't want to put them in that position because we will NEVER come out on top. Ever.

News - MQ2 Truebox removed, back to normal on Phinigel / Quarm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back