• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2 Chat/messages in EQ Main Chat window (1 Viewer)

RedCents
333¢
Can anyone please tell me how to remove MQ2 Messages from my EQ Main Chat window?

It was only appearing in the MQ2 "GroupEnduranceCheck" window (one that appeared when I started using MQ2, but only today has also started to show and spam my Main Chat window (whick I would prefer only had EQ messages.)

Thx in advance, Sin.

Solution
if you want the mq2 chat wnd you need to load and use mq2chatwnd

/plugin mq2chatwnd load

and unload mq2chat if you don't want mq2 chat to go into the regular eq window

/plugin mq2chat unload
Will that completely remove MQ2 Chat? Or (hopefully) still leave an MQ2 Window?

hehe just noticed the "GroupEnduranceCheck" window is only on one box!

Update: Implemented /plugin mq2chat unload - works a treat:) Thank you. M<Q2 Window still reporting MQ2 messages, but not in Main Chat window as well :)

Last edited:
I have never seen this before. Boxing 5 toons, always in instanced zones. Got my toons in the instance, fired up MQNext and what!!!! All my commands (I don't use buttons, pretty much type commands), and plugin output (for example MQ2Autoforage: Keeping yadayaday) going to Main Chat window in addition to plugin window. Definitely DO NOT want this. Any idea what's up?

I did a fresh install of MQ today on my Mac (parallels) and I have two console windows (Legacy and the new MQ Console). Any idea why both are showing up and can I get rid of the Legacy one?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-26 113617.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-26 113617.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 9
I did a fresh install of MQ today on my Mac (parallels) and I have two console windows (Legacy and the new MQ Console). Any idea why both are showing up and can I get rid of the Legacy one?
if you want the mq2 chat wnd you need to load and use mq2chatwnd

/plugin mq2chatwnd load

and unload mq2chat if you don't want mq2 chat to go into the regular eq window

/plugin mq2chat unload

why would half my mq chat be going to regular window ? i have my MQ window open and its going to my MQ window but also my regular window ? this happened with todays update ?
You did this before last time you posted about it (in August). I'd suggest checking you don't have a hotkey or a macro that is accidentally doing this

may i ask how that would be possible when all i did was click update on reguides installer and login and this happened ? up until then i did not have the chat information in main window so i do not follow ?

i use the standard stuff that comes pre loaded other then the ctwn plugins and Lua lem , other then that i dont use anything else. dont really understand how too if its something i am doing wrong sure please do tell me , but i dont know other then the preset keys i got from you on all the plugins and Lua lem for a way better mq2events thats it dont really know alot more

may i ask how that would be possible when all i did was click update on reguides installer and login and this happened ? up until then i did not have the chat information in main window so i do not follow ?

i use the standard stuff that comes pre loaded other then the ctwn plugins and Lua lem , other then that i dont use anything else. dont really understand how too if its something i am doing wrong sure please do tell me , but i dont know other then the preset keys i got from you on all the plugins and Lua lem for a way better mq2events thats it dont really know alot more
plugins either get loaded by an entry in macroquest.ini that says pluginame=1 under [Plugins] - the "=1" says that we want to load this plugin where as "=0" would be that we don't want to load it.

outside of that, you would have to either type out /plugin mq2chat or have a hotkey or a macro/lem/react/Lua/etc that is issuing a /plugin mq2chat

the RG launcher does not ever update/replace your macroquest2.ini file - it will update the default one, and mq will load from the default if you don't have one - but if you have modifications to it (most folks do), the launcher would not do anything to it, or with it.

you may have accidentally done this by clicking on mq2pluginmanager window, having a bad hotkey, running a macro or similar where someone had a typo or for some reason specifically asking mq2chat to be loaded.

re: "don't use anything else" - it is probable that you have 30-60 plugins running, the idea that "i don't run anything" is really a misnomer.

the default macroquest ini that redguide's uses > is located here <
MQ defaults: 11 plugins
RG additional: 13
total: 24 "default" plugins that would load if you didn't already have a macroquest.ini to specify what plugins you would like to use.

INI:
[Plugins]
; MacroQuest Defaults
mq2autologin=1
mq2bzsrch=1
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2custombinds=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2hud=1
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2labels=1
mq2lua=1
mq2map=1
mq2targetinfo=1
; RedGuides Defaults
mq2advpath=1
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2camera=1
MQ2dannet=1
mq2easyfind=1
mq2groupinfo=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2nav=1
mq2pluginmanager=1
mq2portalsetter=1
mq2posse=1
mq2rez=1
mq2xtarinfo=1

tl;dr - something is loaded it; it isn't the rg launcher or updating that is doing it

After one of the most recent updates (sorry, I can't recall exactly which one) I now see a great deal of the MQ notifications also appearing in the normal chat window. Just wondering if new options were added to toggle this behavior? For example, the Overseer Lua 'progress' messages show in the MQ main window and in my main game chat. I'll try to narrow down exactly which plugins, Lua, and macros behave this way, if it would help.

Attachments

• EQ000000_12212022.jpg
    EQ000000_12212022.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 5
Please make sure to check for existing posts - this is something that even gives "similar posts" showing that the topic exists :p

it means you have mq2chat loaded

/plugin mq2chat unload

mq2chat -> puts output in your everquest chat window
mq2chatwnd -> puts output in your mq2 output window

if you have both, you get it in both places

Thanks. I didn't know to look for MQ2chat. I did search, but apparently I didn't hit on the right key terms. I tried "MQ chat" and "MQ notifications in chat" in various permutations. I almost never post because I can usually find what I'm looking for. This was simply a case of not hitting on the right search keywords. Thanks for the help.

any thing i do like follow /come to me/sic T/manu/. any action i do in MQ shows up in my Main Chat window. this started happening about 2 weeks ago maybe 3 weeks ago. but it never happened befor that. An im some that never an i never never types any Mq Stuff in my live window. cause i alway worried about stuff being seen in my log files. an with what ever was changed in the RG update it messed something up to make stuff show in my Main Eq chat window an now i can read off my Log file an easily see what im doing with MQ stuff. i dont like this at all. cause someone tell me how to fix this Asap

any thing i do like follow /come to me/sic T/manu/. any action i do in MQ shows up in my Main Chat window. this started happening about 2 weeks ago maybe 3 weeks ago. but it never happened befor that. An im some that never an i never never types any Mq Stuff in my live window. cause i alway worried about stuff being seen in my log files. an with what ever was changed in the RG update it messed something up to make stuff show in my Main Eq chat window an now i can read off my Log file an easily see what im doing with MQ stuff. i dont like this at all. cause someone tell me how to fix this Asap
/Plugin mq2chat unload

So that worked to remove the MQ2 window. I tried reloading it, but the text still goes to both main chat and MQ2 window. Im trying to get it back to where it only went to MQ2 window. Tried doing a /mqchat reset as well, no change.

Question - MQ2 Chat/messages in EQ Main Chat window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back