• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ ViP section "Into the Hills" (1 Viewer)

obii1kanobie

RedCents
63¢
Does anyone have any idea how i can swap the pull section out to use my Monk for pulls. I don't have access to a bard, but would love to have this macro setup for my monk to pull. I am unsure of what to change, or what to change it too lol. I know it's for that MQ ViP section, so you can either PM me on here or there, whichever you prefer. I have the same username here as i do over there. But wanted to ask if it's possible, or if anyone has actually done it.

Re: MQ ViP section "Into the Hills"

Where is this Into the Hills macro you speak of? Sounds like it would be handy and I have a Bard.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's for that MQ ViP section, so you can either PM me on here or there,

When you say "MQ ViP" are you referring to level 2 forums here or macroquest2.com? Is there some next level shit going down that I am not part of lol?

When you say "MQ ViP" are you referring to level 2 forums here or macroquest2.com? Is there some next level shit going down that I am not part of lol?

It's the VIP section on the macroquest2 official forums. You have to donate to them to get access (100% worth it).

it works pretty good except the bard can die often and there is no rez routine so you have to watch it and rez the bard yourself and restart the macro.

What I did was obviously run the macro on my bard and ran KA for my SK and Wizard. What I did to work around the bard death and not having to restart the macro is:

/rez command on
/rez setcommand dead2.mac

This would relaunch the Into the Hills macro after my merc rez'd the bard.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and don't forget to to do:

/rez command off

Otherwise if you are playing with KA on your bard and you die, after you are rez'd you will attempt to relaunch the dead2.mac ;) Learned that the hard way!

down and dirty macro code

Rich (BB code):
/assist NAMEHERE
/delay 10 ${Target.ID}
/killthis

jam it in the macro where ever the bard is standing around touching himself

I setupt a wait4rez routine in the macro now just to find a way to get kiss to summon the corpse :)

Here is what I posted in another section of the Forums:

So it looks like the puller has to campfire back to the group and then the SK can summon the corpse by targeting the living character rather than the corpse. The updated downshit looks like:

Rich (BB code):
downshit1=/if (${SpawnCount[${Group.Puller} corpse]} && ${Me.XTarget} < 1) /multiline ; /timed 5 ; /squelch /tar ${Group.Puller} ; /timed 5 ; /alt act ${Me.AltAbility[Summon Remains].ID}

So, I realized that my Bard puller was not using the campfire to get back to the group (even when there was one) because he was not running Kissassist. He was running Blitter's dead2.mac macro. I came up with the following downshit for my bard puller, but I am working out the kinks. I am trying to get it to wait for the death effects to wear off when he is in the Guild Lobby, then click the Fellowship insignia. I may be stuck on getting it to accept the rez. Here is what I have for my bard:

Rich (BB code):
downflag2=1
downshit2=/if (${Select[${Zone.ShortName},guildlobby,poknowledge]} && (!${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID} && ${CampZone} != ${Zone.ID}) && (${Me.Fellowship.Campfire}) && (!${Me.Moving}) && (${FindItem[Fellowship Registration Insignia].TimerReady} == 0)) /multiline ; /squelch ; /nomodkey ; /itemnotify ${FindItem[Fellowship Registration Insignia].InvSlot} rightmouseup

Rich (BB code):
${FindItem[Fellowship Registration Insignia].TimerReady} == 0

I wonder if the part in red is needed. Does ".TimerReady" give back the value of the timer or is it boolean type?
Learning new things every day.

I assumed it was a boolean type. I saw it in the kissassist.mac macro as I was trying to get the bard to click back to the camp.

One thing I was wondering is if there is a condition to check if the bard is running a task, or more specifically, the "Into the Hills" task so I don't have to worry about turning off the downshit when I play the bard or use a different macro? Anyone have any tips?

What if I told Kiss 7.4 (soon to be released) can do this in hunter mode. Not fully automated but it can clear all the mobs inside the instance. You just have to hail the 2 npcs at the end

Question - MQ ViP section "Into the Hills"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back