• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ Version Mismatch (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
181¢
Haven't found any recent fixes in the forums (i may have overlooked it) but I'm going to ask again if that's ok.
I usually play live, but wanting to try Test Server. I have EQ updated (and Test selected) and i have MQ Updated (with Test selected). Under Last Installed it says "Patch Day - Unavailable." When i try to log in with MQ it shows Version Mismatch.
Everquest Version: March 21, 2023
MQ Version March 9 2023

Or since it says Patch Day Unavailable, does that mean i gotta wait for some update through MQ?
I see that they mismatch, but not sure how to fix it. Will uninstalling EQ help? Will uninstalling RedGuides Launcher help? Any advice be appreciated.

(Not super versed in PC lingo, so as detailed as possible please.) :)

Solution

It varies a bit, usually same day/evening. depends on what was changed and what hiccups happen along the way

yes. when eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt.

once mq is built RG can build - we usually try and test stuff first.

eq could change literally everything requiring any and everything to be rebuilt but usually not the case. it is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be...
MQ is down on the Test server. You cannot use plugins, macros, Lua scripts, nor garner any information MQ provides. It is down. It states Patch Day Unavailable as the status because it is not available and ready yet.

Test had UI changes put in, since MQ pulls a lot (all?) data from those elements, and the MQ dev team is volunteers, it can take a minute. They are working hard, and you can sign up to get notifications sent to you for when MQ (test version) is up.

Live is up 5x5 though!

It varies a bit, usually same day/evening. depends on what was changed and what hiccups happen along the way

yes. when eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt.

once mq is built RG can build - we usually try and test stuff first.

eq could change literally everything requiring any and everything to be rebuilt but usually not the case. it is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated? You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)

MacroQuest for Live servers:

Use this URL to get notified:

MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)

2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch

3rd* wed = live patch

4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)

* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.

If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:

brainiac:

https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac

Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠

dannuic:

Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:

Solution
MQ is down on the Test server. You cannot use plugins, macros, Lua scripts, nor garner any information MQ provides. It is down. It states Patch Day Unavailable as the status because it is not available and ready yet.
Is there a location you can go to see if MQ is down for test or live, primarly interested in findout out updates on wait times.

Is there a location you can go to see if MQ is down for test or live, primarly interested in findout out updates on wait times.
What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:

Did you read the post above you?

On the right hand side of the website has some little ice cream cone icons - upside down means it is down.

The best thing to do is to watch the overview page to get notified when builds happen

Hey guys , not sure whats going on with my mq , i been having error ( incorrect client version ) for few days now. I waited thinking after a patch it would fix it but patch did not . anyone have any ideas whats going on here by chance ? cant find any real direction on forums

Hey guys , not sure whats going on with my mq , i been having error ( incorrect client version ) for few days now. I waited thinking after a patch it would fix it but patch did not . anyone have any ideas whats going on here by chance ? cant find any real direction on forums
Mismatch tells you. One of the dates would be wrong. Either mq or eq. They both have to be up to date

Mismatch tells you. One of the dates would be wrong. Either mq or eq. They both have to be up to date
ok anything i can do to fix that , its not giving me a date on either just that its incorrect client version . also thanks for fast reply , if its something i have to wait for im ok with , just dont want to be waiting and nothing wrong . i have update both eq and patacher many times thinking i could fix it but no luck

That is not a date mismstch.

Are you trying to run a different version of macroquest on a different version of EverQuest.

Like trying to run an emu version on a live version or vice versa

That is not a date mismstch.

Are you trying to run a different version of macroquest on a different version of EverQuest.

Like trying to run an emu version on a live version or vice versa
ok this is what ive noticed , i checked my test server profiles and they was the same profiles i had set up on live , i deleted the test server profiles and it deleted them on my live server as well , so seems like both test server and live server are copying same files. I had never set up a profile one on test server

ok this is what ive noticed , i checked my test server profiles and they was the same profiles i had set up on live , i deleted the test server profiles and it deleted them on my live server as well , so seems like both test server and live server are copying same files
I would check your settings tab and ensure you're not patching the same same folder

I know it's an old thread but I have the same problem.

"Macroquest version mismatch!
Everquest version: Apr 1 2024 18:36:50
Macroquest version: Mar 29 2024 16:58:29"

I've rebooted the computer and repatched several times since coming home from work and still get the same message.
RG Launcher says file is latest version "2/04/2024 3:26:54 am" and last installed show as green to say it has the latest version but still getting the mismatch.
Any ideas guys?...

I know it's an old thread but I have the same problem.

"Macroquest version mismatch!
Everquest version: Apr 1 2024 18:36:50
Macroquest version: Mar 29 2024 16:58:29"

I've rebooted the computer and repatched several times since coming home from work and still get the same message.
RG Launcher says file is latest version "2/04/2024 3:26:54 am" and last installed show as green to say it has the latest version but still getting the mismatch.
Any ideas guys?...

Read the thread you just replied to. it literally answers your question

I just tried to update it again, reinstalled MQ and still the same. RG reports it is a new file but it seems an older version might be getting installed?
Either way, patching isn't working for me. Main reason I posted was to see if anyone else might be having the same issue. Has there been a new patch come out after 29 march version? it's not coming through when I hit the update or reinstall button.
Any yes, I did read the entire post before I posted my comment. Good thing the first reply was so helpful! Did you read all of mine?

I just tried to update it again, reinstalled MQ and still the same. RG reports it is a new file but it seems an older version might be getting installed?
Either way, patching isn't working for me. Main reason I posted was to see if anyone else might be having the same issue. Has there been a new patch come out after 29 march version? it's not coming through when I hit the update or reinstall button.
Any yes, I did read the entire post before I posted my comment. Good thing the first reply was so helpful! Did you read all of mine?

Yes, there was a patch today. That is what the error message is telling you.

Its saying:

your eq version is XYZ
your mq version is ABC

if eq is newer than mq, and there is no update, it means that there is no update. Sit tight, and contemplate never running the EQ launcher/patcher again.

Problem - MQ Version Mismatch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back