• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ UI settings? (1 Viewer)

DrmChld

RedCents
120¢
Where does MQ store the settings for the additional MQUI files it uses? My MQ2 ChatWnd doesn't save the Esc to Close option, every time I log in I have to change it and move other elements around.

I have moved EQ to the root of a secondary SSD, disabled inherited permissions changed all permissions to have full access, not read attrib, took ownership, added Everyone with full access, running client as Admin.

The EQ UI elements have the UI userfile with an option Escapeable=1, I was not able to find this in any MQ files to change for m chat window.

Yes, eq stores window info like escape to close and fade info, look in there and you will see things like dpsadv etc
Wasn't able to find anything for the chat window in there. Stupid thing doesn't have the Esc to Close selected on 6 toons, just 1. I threw in the towel and deleted the damn INI file and let it recreate it. Problem fixed. Now just have to resolve the other windows out of place by editing the INI for the positions and reloading the UI until I am happy.

Thanks Sic

Hello - How do you save the settings? I wan to keep the plugin manager window in a certain place locked and the close on esc not ticked but everytime I get back into the game its back to the default. I remember watching a video on saving but I cannot remember the command and I cannot find the video and searching the forums is not coming up with anything relevant. ;)

Hello - How do you save the settings? I wan to keep the plugin manager window in a certain place locked and the close on esc not ticked but everytime I get back into the game its back to the default. I remember watching a video on saving but I cannot remember the command and I cannot find the video and searching the forums is not coming up with anything relevant. ;)
You can try opening it with /pluginman, moving it where you want it and then closing it out with the "x". Open it again with /pluginman and then do a normal complete camp. Not a fast camp or /q. Regular camp to toon select, them exit to server select and quit.

This may not work though if you have a custom ui. Might also be a few extra steps but rather cover all the bases.

You can try opening it with /pluginman, moving it where you want it and then closing it out with the "x". Open it again with /pluginman and then do a normal complete camp. Not a fast camp or /q. Regular camp to toon select, them exit to server select and quit.

This may not work though if you have a custom ui. Might also be a few extra steps but rather cover all the bases.
Will do Psy, thanks!

Problem - MQ UI settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back