• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ/LUA windows outside of the Game Client space? (1 Viewer)

WhyteTech

Ye Whom says Dumb things
RedCents
637¢
I was wondering if there is a way to move the MQ windows and the Lua windows to outside of the Game client, like.. on my second monitor kind of thing.
I thought this was a thing years ago, but it might have been a different program I was screwing around with... but I cant remember.
Thought i'd ask.

Thanks!

You should be able to choose enable viewports to accomplish this, but iirc there are some possible "crash" issues related to doing this. I'm sure someone with more tech knowledge will chime in but I belive there is varied succss with using this feature.

1708534289725.png

I was wondering if there is a way to move the MQ windows and the Lua windows to outside of the Game client, like.. on my second monitor kind of thing.
I thought this was a thing years ago, but it might have been a different program I was screwing around with... but I cant remember.
Thought i'd ask.

Thanks!
what they said, but be aware, those overlays will cause weirdness. They will cause background screens to come to the foreground, will make it so you can't type or use mouse in a window until you click in it, etc. It will take some getting used to.

Well I tried this out and got shit for results because of 2 reasons:

1. Different resolutions for the monitors. I have a 27" 2560x1440 as my main monitor and 2 23" 1920x1080 on either side of the main one. And a further complication of:

2. I use ISBoxer (Innerspace) to have 5 smaller windows for each toon displayed on my right side monitor and then I can switch characters (switch seamlessly) and still see what the other toons are doing or NOT doing, lol. Basically I have all 6 toons visible at the same time on 2 different monitors.

The difference in resolutions of the monitors and switching back and forth between toons at those different resolutions is what caused major headaches with Viewports enabled. I really like the ability to setup a Windowed profile for each toon. One of the main reasons I use ISB to begin with. So I gave up on trying to get Viewports to work, because it was causing all kinds of crazy problems that I didn't want to deal with. I could get the main monitor to display Viewports properly but the second I switched between toons hosed the whole thing. 2 screens would go blank (black) and nothing I did would bring them back, short of logging out all toons and relogging back in.

That's my 2 Redcents worth, oh and I make no claims to being even remotely proficient at this stuff, just did enough research to at least understand my problem.

Vrak

Question - MQ/LUA windows outside of the Game Client space?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back