• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ Keybinds vs EQ Key bindings (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,895¢
What is this section of MacroQuest.ini for? Why are there sections with NAVKEY and MUTILS?

When I run multiple characters from the same install directory, they all share the same EQCLIENT.ini, which means they all share the same keybindings. Is there anyway I can use MQ2 to have customer key bindings per character? For example, on my DPS clients, I want 1-5 to cast spell gems... but on my healer, I want 1-6 to run macros that heal player 1 - 6. I am aware that this function is ISBOXER territory, but I am trying hard to not use that.

KEYBINDS:
[Key Binds]
RANGED_Nrm=clear
RANGED_Alt=clear
MQ2CHAT_Nrm=.
MQ2CSCHAT_Nrm=.
NAVKEY_forward_Nrm=W
NAVKEY_forward_Alt=Up
NAVKEY_back_Nrm=S
NAVKEY_back_Alt=Down
NAVKEY_left_Nrm=A
NAVKEY_left_Alt=Left
NAVKEY_right_Nrm=D
NAVKEY_right_Alt=Right
NAVKEY_strafe_left_Nrm=Q
NAVKEY_strafe_left_Alt=clear
NAVKEY_strafe_right_Nrm=E
NAVKEY_strafe_right_Alt=clear
NAVKEY_autorun_Nrm=Num_Lock
NAVKEY_autorun_Alt=clear
NAVKEY_jump_Nrm=Space
NAVKEY_jump_Alt=clear
NAVKEY_run_walk_Nrm=Num_Slash
NAVKEY_run_walk_Alt=clear
NAVKEY_duck_Nrm=X
NAVKEY_duck_Alt=clear
MUTILS_FWD_Nrm=W
MUTILS_BCK_Nrm=S
MUTILS_LFT_Nrm=A
MUTILS_RGT_Nrm=D
MUTILS_STRAFE_LFT_Nrm=Q
MUTILS_STRAFE_RGT_Nrm=E
MUTILS_AUTORUN_Nrm=Num_Lock
MUTILS_FWD_Alt=Up
MUTILS_BCK_Alt=Down
MUTILS_LFT_Alt=Left
MUTILS_RGT_Alt=Right
MUTILS_STRAFE_LFT_Alt=clear
MUTILS_STRAFE_RGT_Alt=clear
MUTILS_AUTORUN_Alt=clear
MELEE_Nrm=Z
RANGE_Nrm=X
EQBC_Nrm=clear

Thanks CWTN
/keypress RANGE_Nrm
etc

NAVKEY = MQ2Nav
MUTILS = MQ2MoveUtils

Is there any way to have MQ block a key from what the EQCLIENT.ini says it should do, on a per client basis? Unfortunately eqclient.ini binds keys for all characters running on that machine. On some characters I have a mash bar with multibinds, but those hotbar slots have a different use case on other characters.

Some people use a program like isboxer to use different INIs I believe.
I'm not personally aware of a way to do it beyond just having a different INI for each character and setting each character up the way you're wanting it to be.
You could just /bct charname /keypress 1
etc for characters you want to press the 1 key for their hotbar instead of just sending stuff to all the people.

Question - MQ Keybinds vs EQ Key bindings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back