• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Most Ridiculous Group Setup (1 Viewer)

back in PO there was a pally and 5 rogues that used to absolutely crush.

18 mages in the raid kicking butt - but I havent tried 6 mages by themselves in a group for xp. i imagine it will be ok in most situations.

There is probably not that many groups that wouldnt work.

6 Clerics? Can 6 hammers tank a mob? I have seen a Cleric tank a dragon..so why not?

6 enchanters? a charming we will go? very situational.

6 of anything would work in certain situations - but why would you?

Back just after PoP did a regular group with 6 mages. I ran 2 and it was a BLAST. Seemed so silly that we'd be able to do anything worthwhile but we did. Was a lot of fun.

BB

I'm running a fairly strange group as we speak. Cleric, Druid, Pally, BST, Enchanter and Mage. It wouldn't be anywhere near my choice for groups. But I'm trying to get levels for the Druid and Enchanter and AA for the Cleric.

I don't want to get off topic but after I get this next round of toons that are about 111 ish to 120, I would really like to do some racial groups starting from level 1. I used to make films in college and I have some old script software. I have this idea for 5 Iksar. It's not something I want to broadcast. It would just be for me. But it would be a nice breakup of repetitiveness. Drakkin, Froglok would be fun to do. Troll I have practically done. Wood Elf might be fun or Dark Elf. I may do them all and The cats too.

One of my favorite grps in ROS era was Sk/bstx4/shm.....that group never died and it never ran out of mana. Granted I spent 10 hrs optimizing the bst kiss inis to play nice with each other.

One of my Favs back in the day was AOE Stun Burn group
War for pulls and tanking, Cleric for heals, Chanter for stuns, and then 3 wiz using PBAOE spells to burn down a horde of mobs.

Probably wouldn't work today.

One of my odd selections was 1 clr / 4 mages / 1 nec . I would manually pull with the necro and release the swarm upon whatever came into camp. Plus if I screwed up I could FD.

Back just after PoP did a regular group with 6 mages. I ran 2 and it was a BLAST. Seemed so silly that we'd be able to do anything worthwhile but we did. Was a lot of fun.

BB
We had a guy in guild for awhile with a 6 mage team. he would drop on to let me join sometimes. that group destroyed everthing!

Way back when Velious was new and I'd never heard of MQ we'd run pet groups. I played a Bard and the lvl 39 I think song charmed up to level 51 for one minute. One guildie had a Druid and charmed animals then the rest were Shaman, Magician, Necro and SK. Basically it was an odd pet group

I don't want to get off topic but after I get this next round of toons that are about 111 ish to 120, I would really like to do some racial groups starting from level 1. I used to make films in college and I have some old script software. I have this idea for 5 Iksar. It's not something I want to broadcast. It would just be for me. But it would be a nice breakup of repetitiveness. Drakkin, Froglok would be fun to do. Troll I have practically done. Wood Elf might be fun or Dark Elf. I may do them all and The cats too.

I made an all cat group, war, bard, shm, 3x zerker. I quit them at about 30 but it was fun to watch!

Was one dude here for a while doing 54 shamans, no joke. Quit in the 80s iirs

i ... i would watch a stream of this. i don't ever watch streams, but this ... this is fascinating.

a raid of all one race is also something i'd love to see. 54 frogs a'flipping would be a show.

to amuse myself, i do 1 war and 5 druids. wrath and laugh at anything that moves (and then med and check RG).

just last night i was talking w/ a buddy and telling him that it was time to rise up against the monk oppressors and go w/ a 5 monk and 1 shm group. but maybe it should be 3 monks and 3 shm for 100 percent ruchu uptime. every summer i plan to do the 100 percent ruchu group and every summer i don't. maybe it's time to follow through!

I’ve done this recently. Did a full VAh shirt team (war, brd, bst, rogue, ber, shm) and an all high elf team (war, cleric, ench, 3 mag). I’ll probably make a barb team + 1 human once also.

UNfortunately my groups have to have brd/bst so limited optoins for race ones.

I thought of another kind of crazy group I only ran a few times. It was 2 Mages, 2 Necros and I manually pulled and oversaw with a Druid. I didn't have an MA or MT I was running RGMercs on all 4 pet classes and when I started RG on each toon I targeted that toon. So there was just a pet swarm killing the mob I drug into camp literally. I did that only a few times in the low 100s.

I'm currently running 5 paladins and a bard. All level 100 right now and they destroy undead like nothing I've ever seen. It's painfully slow on named mobs that are not undead though.

A long, long time ago in a Norrath far, far away, I ran a 3-box of Zerk, Dru, Wiz. This was pre-mercs and I had no idea what MQ was, but I was able to do quite a lot of stuff by myself. I'd often farm PoFire for AAs pretty easily or when a buddy of mine who boxed a WAR, BST combo would pop on, we'd plow stuff with relative ease. I didn't know any better at the time, but the zerk would tank, dru and wiz would punt/root adds, and I'd just burn as fast as I could on every mob so the druid didn't run OOM healing the zerk haha Good times.

Ive also done:

SK, SK, SK, BRD, BST, SHM

rotating epic clicks full time fight with 3x SK's heheheheheheh
I've wondered how viable this is. I know SHM adds to the dps and therefore the leeching, but I'm curious if you feel you could've done without a real healer?

There's someone on my server that I think runs 6 BSTs and as far as I know does fine, but I don't know them personally.

If im doing just AA grinding in current content, ill run self healing tank (sk or pal), 4 dps and the char needing AAs. handles all open world content fine. (have done war as tank, then need bst to mem heals, Sic gonna gank me).

so sk, brd, zerkerx2, bst, *insert random class*. or pal, brd, rog x2, bst, *insert random class*. granted this isnt from day 0, level'n.

I've wondered how viable this is. I know SHM adds to the dps and therefore the leeching, but I'm curious if you feel you could've done without a real healer?

There's someone on my server that I think runs 6 BSTs and as far as I know does fine, but I don't know them personally.

I ran it without the SHM and the group did ok. but once a named showed up or 3-4 mobs were pulled, it got messy

6 shadowknights. That was my first fully automated group (kissassist). I got all 6 epic 1.5 and wrote a Lua script to rotate the epics. They all ran exactly the same with the exception of one different debuff each. They taunted if they had high health and I had like 3 or 4 lifetaps on each to defeat the long recast times. I ran that group to learn KA without needing to maintain 6 totally separate .ini files. I learned a lot and then moved on to some real teams. I got them to about level 82.

Discussion - Most Ridiculous Group Setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back