• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Monk or Bst? (1 Viewer)

Who does better DPS, a monk or beastlord?

Beastlord ,in my humble opinion, should be chosen first over the monk for several reasons including, but not limited to, an EM (Enraged Minion) pet that can dps and/or tank, a class that can slow, provide shammy-type buffs, and throw ToT/ST heals, all the while being a melee dps toon; nevertheless, Master's Aura in a group build can be pretty strong.

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Last edited:
In T3 ToL Gear doing ToL missions, my MNK DPS > BST DPS, but not by much at all. However, the rest of my DPS toons suffered when I swapped the MNK in. I would definitely choose BST.

In T3 ToL Gear doing ToL missions, my MNK DPS > BST DPS, but not by much at all. However, the rest of my DPS toons suffered when I swapped the MNK in. I would definitely choose BST.

This was also a valid point in terms of ADPS as far as the group was concerned; a well-oiled machine BST > MONK :)

Mizard / Wonks (wizards of the melee world) unfortunately - they're still *cool* tho
Still love my monk even if they are not the best of the best any more.
Ricky Bobby Excellence GIF

Last edited:
Question - Monk or Bst?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back