• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Monk & Mend (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
How do you enable Mend on the monk in kiss assist? It's a combat ability, so I enabled heals for my monk (made it 1) and under the Heals1= I put Heal1=Mend|30|Me

Kisscheck says it doesn't find combat abilities, AA or skill/spells of such name, but it is actually a combat ability, so why doesn't it recognize it?

Please help. I need help fixing it

Thanks

Kiss will only check health levels and heal if you are a character that can heal (BST,CLR,SHM,DRU,RNG,PAL). I use melee to do this. You will need to update your ini file to what you want, but the following should be set.

Rich (BB code):
[MQ2Melee]
feigndeath=50
mend=45
resume=60
standup=1

Meistro could be right. Kiss will heal yourself, but not others unless you are of a certain character type. So a monk should be able to heal themselves. Make sure you have a hotkey for mend.

Even so, just a note of what I had noticed.
I upgraded a disc ro RKIII, didn't change the hot button, disc never fired until i changed hot button.
If I had 2 version of same disc line on hot bars we, it would use the one that came 1st in the hot button/hotbar priority listing...or not fire at all.
Also, I have found better results if I arrange the AAs/disc I use every fight on my hot bar (mostly for bst) is sequence starting with the lowest refesh to shortest refesh.

Hotbtton/hotbar priority SEEMS to be:
hotbar 1, button 1-12
hotbar 2, 1-12
etc.

I know it got a bit off topic, but might be useful.

So may want put them abilities on a hotbar, or at least a designated spot in combat abilities.

Just use MQ2Melee. There's no need to mess with hotkeys or anything else unless you want to actually see the button on cooldown.

If you use the ingame command you need to do /melee save then /melee load after you turn mend on. If you just change it in the ini just do /melee load and it'll work fine.

As for discs not firing unless they're on the hotbar or discs firing in hotbar order, I've never experienced that or heard of that before so it might be a bug you can report. Only thing I keep on my mains hotbar is EQBC commands for my bot army. Every other character has blank hotbars.

All I know how to do is modify kissassist_charname.ini - how do I use MQ2Melee, or the [MQ2Melee] commands you guys listed up above? I did /load mq2melee and it loaded, but how do I edit or modify those files, or save, or whatever, I'm completely unable to use anything but the standard kissassist.ini file, so if you can help me figure out how to best benefit my chars with the melee commands and options id appreciate it.... also, are you guys both talking about 2 different methods, or is it just 1 method? I'm confused

[MQ2Melee]
feigndeath=50
mend=45
resume=60
standup=

Re: Monk & Mend

For MQ2Melee: 1st load your char while running MQ2. in your MQ2 chat window type /melee save, it will say "saving"
Then go to your MQ2 folder (not the macros folder...macros folder is IN MQ2 folder) and find the Severname_Charname.ini file.
that file will have you MQ2melee active commands, look for Mend=45(could be any number). CHange this number to what ever HP% you want it to fire off at.
IF you don't see Mend, Add it in, just make place for it and type it in and save the file.
Then back on your char in MQ2 chat, type /melee load. This will now LOAD the newly save MQ2Melee file.
NOW if you type /melee in you chat window, you will get a list of stuff with numbers in them.. anything with a (0) is "Off" (some of these that get listed are technically unusable by some classes.
if you want to turn one of these abilities on/off (including MEND) you would type /melee "abilityname"=1 for on 0 for off (or in some cases like mend FD, resume, you put in the % you want it to happen at) then type /melee save to save the changes.

heres a good place to go to find out what is all includes in MQ2melee and what the different abreviations mean http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2Melee

- - - Updated - - -

As for discs not firing unless they're on the hotbar or discs firing in hotbar order, I've never experienced that or heard of that before so it might be a bug you can report. Only thing I keep on my mains hotbar is EQBC commands for my bot army. Every other character has blank hotbars.

And that may be so, and it could be just me,but ALL my characters are set up to run old fasion boxing style, with hot keys sets and everything. There is nothing KA/MQ2 does that I can't do.. It just does it better and faster....:p

Question - Monk & Mend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back