• Hail, we're RedGuides. We want you to play several EverQuest characters at once. We have scripts and a friendly community to help, please join our playstyle and say hello! 👋

Question - Model switching with autologin (1 Viewer)

This title typed in to search turned up nothing.

1. My eqclient.ini file is set to have luclin models off.
2. I have 8 profiles on autologin in groups of 6
3. I have always clicked launch selected group on the ones I want to make up my 30 man raid
4. Ever since Luclin launch, it will randomly launch luclin models on certain profiles even if others previously loaded are old models

Is this one of those "you didn't camp out cleanly" issues? I still don't know why if I do /quit it would then default to luclin models on start up - and I /quit across the board and it doesn't affect every account.

I have noticed this "reset" of my settings during classic as well - where it would revert my mouse sensitivities and gamma correction etc. but would still keep the layout changes.

Thanks in advance
 
Solution
This title typed in to search turned up nothing.

1. My eqclient.ini file is set to have luclin models off.
2. I have 8 profiles on autologin in groups of 6
3. I have always clicked launch selected group on the ones I want to make up my 30 man raid
4. Ever since Luclin launch, it will randomly launch luclin models on certain profiles even if others previously loaded are old models

Is this one of those "you didn't camp out cleanly" issues? I still don't know why if I do /quit it would then default to luclin models on start up - and I /quit across the board and it doesn't affect every account.

I have noticed this "reset" of my settings during classic as well - where it would revert my mouse sensitivities and gamma correction etc...
This title typed in to search turned up nothing.

1. My eqclient.ini file is set to have luclin models off.
2. I have 8 profiles on autologin in groups of 6
3. I have always clicked launch selected group on the ones I want to make up my 30 man raid
4. Ever since Luclin launch, it will randomly launch luclin models on certain profiles even if others previously loaded are old models

Is this one of those "you didn't camp out cleanly" issues? I still don't know why if I do /quit it would then default to luclin models on start up - and I /quit across the board and it doesn't affect every account.

I have noticed this "reset" of my settings during classic as well - where it would revert my mouse sensitivities and gamma correction etc. but would still keep the layout changes.

Thanks in advance
your eqclient is shared across all toons
if you log toons in too closely together (autologin has a delay you can adjust) it can "smash/clobber" and then load defaults
if you log out cleanly with toons that have defaults it now saves over your previous settings as if they were what you wanted.

many folks set their eqclient.ini to "read only" so info can't be added/changed, and they increase their autologin delay so they don't run into that issue.

here is me talking about this issue on the eq discord
sic said:
yes. what can happen is this:
  • toons all try and log in at the same time
  • for various reasons, they end up having some read/write conflict with the eqclient.ini
  • eq then loads default values since it cant get the values on the eqclient.ini
  • now a toon (could be 1 of our several) has default values, and if that is the last one to log out, those values are now the ones stored in the eqclient.ini
some folks get their eqclient.ini set how they want and then set it to "read only"
  • this doesn't prevent the "clobber" that results in the toon loading the defaults
    • but it does make it so those defaults can't save
  • imo this isn't ideal because if changes are made to the game (eqclient.ini) that are important, you'd miss out on it, and also can no longer change stuff in your settings panel
the real fix, is determining what the hang up is loading characters inincreasing the time between launching an additional toon can helpchecking that your A/V, or file syncing isn't hitting those files could also be beneficial

and then cairbrae explained a little bit more
1791580111809.png
 
Solution
Question - Model switching with autologin

Users who are viewing this thread

  • G
Back
Top
Cart