• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Microsoft Flight Simulator!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Those flight sims were SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOWWWWWW, though.

I had so many add-ons for FSX. A lot of high detail scenery, my favorite planes done up in very high quality, additional traffic. Had Track IR (tracks your head movement so that you look around in game by head movement), rudder/brakes pedals, yoke, throttle quadrant and different HOTAS (hands on throttle and stick) and some panels so I can flip switches instead of mouse click/keyboard for different things. My computer ran it fine, not sure if that's what you mean or that the planes are slow? I use to aircrew on C130's, over 6,000 flight hours. FSX is pretty accurate and that's what most people into this stuff want.

I had so many add-ons for FSX. A lot of high detail scenery, my favorite planes done up in very high quality, additional traffic. Had Track IR (tracks your head movement so that you look around in game by head movement), rudder/brakes pedals, yoke, throttle quadrant and different HOTAS (hands on throttle and stick) and some panels so I can flip switches instead of mouse click/keyboard for different things. My computer ran it fine, not sure if that's what you mean or that the planes are slow? I use to aircrew on C130's, over 6,000 flight hours. FSX is pretty accurate and that's what most people into this stuff want.

I meant it wasn’t dogfighting or anything like that. The accuracy is cool, but who wants to fly the long haul from Singapore to Dubai? Lol ... you could take off, go to sleep for 12 hours, wake up, and still have 5 or 6 hours of “accuracy” until landing. That seems ........ accurate.

I meant it wasn’t dogfighting or anything like that. The accuracy is cool, but who wants to fly the long haul from Singapore to Dubai? Lol ... you could take off, go to sleep for 12 hours, wake up, and still have 5 or 6 hours of “accuracy” until landing. That seems ........ accurate.
Indeed! And I would inevitably crash while landing. Skid off the runway. Completely rendering the experience worthless. :bang:

I had most of Hawaii in very high detail and like doing touch and goes mostly. When I was stationed there, we'd fly training missions from Barbers Point and go do touch and goes at Lanai (pretty much every island), I do that in the simulator a lot. Also we'd just go sight seeing, flying by cliffs in Molokai at low level. It's weird looking up and seeing land, houses and people above your flight altitude. Mostly for transit, I'd increase game speed once I get airborne, to altitude and on course and set autopilot. I had a bunch of add-ons that put boat traffic, commercial airliners flying around, random sea life and birds flying around, air traffic control chatter, it was pretty cool.

If you don't know about DCS World, should check it out. It's free to play on the base terrain and two basic planes. They make $$ by selling add-ons.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

I feel like you need some serious hardware to get the most of these sims. By the time you add up all the cost, I could have just got my pilot's licence for the same price~ I can't imagine playing my racing sims without my hardware and Rift. Those toys alone set me back over four digits and there aren't nearly as many of them as you need for flight sims.

That being said, flight sim games are just sweet. One of my first PC experiences was FS4, which is still one of the coolest ones since you could design your own aircraft. That was hours of fun.

News - Microsoft Flight Simulator!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back