• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Membership questions (1 Viewer)

Dee

RedCents
20¢
Good afternoon all,

I subscribed to this site earlier this morning and I have been reading the forums and watching videos for hours. It is really interesting so far.

I do have a question or two.

When you pay for the level two membership - I assume it gives you access to everything aside from the the macros you pay for for specific classes like the Rogue and Zerker (20 bucks per class). Is that purchase a one-and-done kind of thing? Meaning, will I still need to subscribe to Redguides to continue to use those class specific macros or can they be used without having level two access? After the subscription ends, will I have (all or limited) access to macros or kissassist afterwards?

I certainly do not mind paying to support all of the hard work put in to what all I have seen so far, but I was just curious.

If anyone has an answer, please either let me know or point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

It depends on the particular resource. Some things are one-and-done, some are a time-limited license. You'll have to read the details for the plugin/macro you're thinking of purchasing. If you end your RG L2 subscription, you will not be able to updated MQ2 for the next version of the EQ .exe file that DGC puts out with each monthly patch. When that happens, MQ2 will stop working altogether along with any additional resources you purchased.

In short, you need a newly recompiled MQ2 exe file for *every* monthly EQ patch. If you're not a current L2 member, you won't get the next patch, although your then current version will technically work until EQ patches. Without MQ2, nothing else here matters.

It depends on the particular resource. Some things are one-and-done, some are a time-limited license. You'll have to read the details for the plugin/macro you're thinking of purchasing. If you end your RG L2 subscription, you will not be able to updated MQ2 for the next version of the EQ .exe file that DGC puts out with each monthly patch. When that happens, MQ2 will stop working altogether along with any additional resources you purchased.

In short, you need a newly recompiled MQ2 exe file for *every* monthly EQ patch. If you're not a current L2 member, you won't get the next patch, although your then current version will technically work until EQ patches. Without MQ2, nothing else here matters.

Nice. Thank you for the fast response. :)

How well do the SK handle tanking using kissassist? I currently am using a 109 SK (Mage 110 for lazy tanking) along with a laundry list of other characters. I have seen the video with Warrior tanking but I was wondering if the SK would be comparable or would it be better to just roll a Warrior.

Really, I just want to see more videos/guides of people playing SKs and Rogues :P

Question - Membership questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back