• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Melee DPS - Now (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
Hey Fellows,

Haven’t played the game since DEC so I am a little out of the loop. I was reading on the EQ forums that melee dps has taken a big hit. I saw several people mention that zerkers were in a bad place.

That can’t be true, right?

Zerkers are fine, they just got a little fix to a bug which lowered them. Definitely not the "wizards of melee dps" or anything

Rogues and rangers are doing real well due to body type consolidation and availability of humanoids.

To put it in perspective: My Mage is Half CoV Raid, Half T3 ToL crafted. Em 29 earring, Raid 2hander. Keep in mind this group level stuff only. My Rogue is Full T3 ToL, Berserker is mostly T3 ToL.

Shei:
ROG 1.4m
BER 1.3m
MAG 1.2m

Melee are pretty good. My BST is right around 1m, and when I finish leveling/gearing my monk, will let you know he does.

On Live, Berserkers have been able to get enough heroic dex to hit 100% critical rate for several expansions (depending on buffs, group composition, yadda yadda).
The Devs don't appear to be making changes on how classes grow. So other melee classes continue to gain DPS from additional crit rate, via heroic dex, while Berserkers started stagnating.

To put it in perspective: My Mage is Half CoV Raid, Half T3 ToL crafted. Em 29 earring, Raid 2hander. Keep in mind this group level stuff only. My Rogue is Full T3 ToL, Berserker is mostly T3 ToL.

Shei:
ROG 1.4m
BER 1.3m
MAG 1.2m

Melee are pretty good. My BST is right around 1m, and when I finish leveling/gearing my monk, will let you know he does.
How did that monk fill out?

-Taz

man. i didnt get to read some part of this.
did not see " definitely not the "wizards of melee dps"" part...
ah well. heh. I stll have mondo love for the wizzie class even if Devs tell them to suck it. doesn't mean they arent fair game tho heh

Ahhhhh ok. i must have been loading still. scrolled back once it populated. /wink

Though DPS is important, so not to knock the standings, but for me MELEE DPS = MOBILITY while doing anything... the only real con to melee dps is no dps when mechanics call for you to move away from the mob :) (i.e. Tears Hex or AtenHaRa AE silence)... otherwise, that's why I enjoy melee over caster... though if you're simply sitting at a camp plowing through pulls, then it really won't matter :)

I believe it comes down to a playstyle more than melee vs caster dps issue :)

Just my two [red] cents.

Question - Melee DPS - Now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back