• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Melee DPS - Now (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
153¢
Hey Fellows,

Haven’t played the game since DEC so I am a little out of the loop. I was reading on the EQ forums that melee dps has taken a big hit. I saw several people mention that zerkers were in a bad place.

That can’t be true, right?

Sic

:)
RedCents
28,558¢
Zerkers are fine, they just got a little fix to a bug which lowered them. Definitely not the "wizards of melee dps" or anything

Rogues and rangers are doing real well due to body type consolidation and availability of humanoids.

RedCents
842¢
Casters got a bump to spell damage this expac so there's been some consternation from the melee dps classes. But as Sick said, Zerkers are fine, just a touch behind on average for now for the reasons mentioned.

RedCents
764¢
To put it in perspective: My Mage is Half CoV Raid, Half T3 ToL crafted. Em 29 earring, Raid 2hander. Keep in mind this group level stuff only. My Rogue is Full T3 ToL, Berserker is mostly T3 ToL.

Shei:
ROG 1.4m
BER 1.3m
MAG 1.2m

Melee are pretty good. My BST is right around 1m, and when I finish leveling/gearing my monk, will let you know he does.

RedCents
430¢
On Live, Berserkers have been able to get enough heroic dex to hit 100% critical rate for several expansions (depending on buffs, group composition, yadda yadda).
The Devs don't appear to be making changes on how classes grow. So other melee classes continue to gain DPS from additional crit rate, via heroic dex, while Berserkers started stagnating.

Users who are viewing this thread