• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Max platinum? (1 Viewer)

Ninjapickle

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
1,307¢
I know that on the baz the max an item can be listed for is 2m pp based on programming. That got me to wondering, is there a max plat limit for a char to carry or have in the bank?
Also, what's the most plat you've ever had at one time? I'm sure there will be some crazy numbers for that. The most I've ever had was 32m.

I know that on the baz the max an item can be listed for is 2m pp based on programming. That got me to wondering, is there a max plat limit for a char to carry or have in the bank?
Also, what's the most plat you've ever had at one time? I'm sure there will be some crazy numbers for that. The most I've ever had was 32m.
you can have a max plat value of around a billion > Ngreth on the Billion Plat limit <

internally your copper, silver, gold, and platinum are stored separately, so you have a ~2.1 BILLION platinum limit in terms of storage.

But when you go to interact with money, it converts it to the lowest common denominator (copper) as one single number, which essentially means its a ~2.1 MILLION limit instead.
That discrepancy is what leads to the disconnects, as well as the limit on bazaar.

so, dropping into the bank = okay. trying to split and take some out = not okay.

I suggest getting on the test server and asking how much is the max, considering you can copy plat from live to test people there will probably have an answer. I know a guy the other
999,999,999pp is the cap. I asked on the test server (my main server) because you can copy plat from live to test repeatedly so reaching that max isn't really a challenge. Getting rid of plat is the tough part on test.

I suggest getting on the test server and asking how much is the max, considering you can copy plat from live to test people there will probably have an answer. I know a guy the other

999,999,999pp is the cap. I asked on the test server (my main server) because you can copy plat from live to test repeatedly so reaching that max isn't really a challenge. Getting rid of plat is the tough part on test.

I already gave the answer in the post before yours.

Not a good idea to go and "copy" to find the limit because when this was brought up in the other forums it was because the player got disconnected after gaining that much plat.

If you make the mistake of accumulating over 1,000,000,000 plats on a character, any time you try to access the plats to trade to another character, it results in an automatic disconnect from the server. Thus you can't access your plats

And your only fix?

Yes. For now you are stuck :/
You can free yourself by buying a Noble which will bring you under the 1b limit.

See Sics link above to Dev Ngreth answer.

And notice the phrase "Mistake" as in it is not meant to be.

internally your copper, silver, gold, and platinum are stored separately, so you have a ~2.1 BILLION platinum limit in terms of storage.

But when you go to interact with money, it converts it to the lowest common denominator (copper) as one single number, which essentially means its a ~2.1 MILLION limit instead.
That discrepancy is what leads to the disconnects, as well as the limit on bazaar.

so, dropping into the bank = okay. trying to split and take some out = not okay.

That does not seem right, I have purchased and sold 2+ krono for more than that in one transaction.
I am pretty sure you can pick up 10+ Million plat and hold it in your hand, and trade with players.

Yeah, I guess for whatever reason I was in a rush. "when you go to interact with money" was too broad. Certain places, like vendors and bazaar deal with a single int32, which limits money to 2.1 Million (approx). They impose a hard 2 million limit to avoid encountering overflows.
Elsewhere, the cap is much higher, but they're still limiting it because it has to at some point be representable in a int32, so they've decided to cap it at 1 billion (this applies to inventory and bank). Trying to interact with money from that number is what will get you disconnected.

to summarize:
- 2 million limit on bazaar
- 1 billion limit on inventory and bank (Separately)

Question - Max platinum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back