• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Map zooming in and not staying centered on what your zooming in on (1 Viewer)

Trila

RedCents
790¢
Isn't there a way when your moving the map and then you want to zoom in on an area without the map changing your focus point and then you have to drag it all over trying to find the spot again?

I just want the map to stay centered on exactly the spot I am trying to look at without going all crazy on me.

Isn't there a way when your moving the map and then you want to zoom in on an area without the map changing your focus point and then you have to drag it all over trying to find the spot again?

I just want the map to stay centered on exactly the spot I am trying to look at without going all crazy on me.
1678464180129.png

this is an eq setting - unclick "Auto-Zoom"

edit: hrm, might not be what you're asking for --- but will at least address the "zooming in" part

I've often wondered the same thing. When you scroll in using the mouse, the map shifts (have not tried changing auto zoom as Sic suggested, but I will this evening). I just assumed it was yet another annoying EQ thing.

I’ll have to play with auto zoom. I think I understand. What you want is to change the focus from your character to a spot on the map and stayed zoomed in on a focal point. Which works as long as you are not moving, but once you move the focal point also moves. I would love to be able to do that. Lock in on a point and stay there no matter if my toon moved or not.

Question - Map zooming in and not staying centered on what your zooming in on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back