• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Map Issues (1 Viewer)

RedCents
Ok so trying to explain this as best as possible so I just installed a new SSD and re-loading everything

The only thing left is my maps I can see other players in zone named mobs but not seeing where they spawn points I am not getting any definition such as outline of hallways, rooms,stairs ect I downloaded all the latest maps put them in every folder I could think of including my map folder any help would be greatly appreciated

Ok so trying to explain this as best as possible so I just installed a new SSD and re-loading everything

The only thing left is my maps I can see other players in zone named mobs but not seeing where they spawn points I am not getting any definition such as outline of hallways, rooms,stairs ect I downloaded all the latest maps put them in every folder I could think of including my map folder any help would be greatly appreciated
EQ will overwrite the default maps folder every time you load the game, so you're getting screwed by EQ doing it's thing. What you need to do is create a sub-folder under the Everquest\maps folder. If you downloaded Goodurden's maps, he has step by step instructions on how to do this. Then, when you get into EQ, there is drop-down menu on the map window that will be populated with options that match the whatever sub-folders you've created. But you def do not want to put custom maps in the default maps folder.

i'm having problems also. My desktop is away for warrenty repair and installing on laptop. Seems like maps work fine just not in latest couple exspansions. I have maps from Brewall in seperate folder other than maps. I've tried deleting and installing again and the same thing. Any ideas?

i'm having problems also. My desktop is away for warrenty repair and installing on laptop. Seems like maps work fine just not in latest couple exspansions. I have maps from Brewall in seperate folder other than maps. I've tried deleting and installing again and the same thing. Any ideas?
maps need to be in the map folder that you have loaded in your eq map dropdown.

make sure you are using the full map pack

an example of the how your map directory might look
INI:
C:\users\public\Everquest\maps\Brewall's Maps
C:\users\public\Everquest\maps\Good's Maps

1674091122166.png

yep I have brewall selected from drop down . CS(CoV) map works ME (ToL) and shar vahl divided it's nothing all blank
users/public/daybreak game company/installed games/everquest is where EQ is installed
then in maps folder i created new folder and put brewall maps in there

if I click on 2 and/or 3 i can see the mobs just no border

yep I have brewall selected from drop down . CS(CoV) map works ME (ToL) and shar vahl divided it's nothing all blank
users/public/daybreak game company/installed games/everquest is where EQ is installed
then in maps folder i created new folder and put brewall maps in there

if I click on 2 and/or 3 i can see the mobs just no border
Is there another folder inside of the brewalls folder inside of the maps folder? You dont want /everquest/maps/brewalls/brewalls/<buncha maps>, you do want /everquest/maps/brewalls/<buncha maps

I actually don't know if that first way would work or not, but I presume not.

Problem - Map Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back