• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Main Tank Loses 1.75 Levels - Need to Recover (1 Viewer)

RedCents
24,873¢
Running through an EoK raid (End of Empire) when my system froze up. Lot of mobs - easy to die.
Took me a bit to get back up, everyone logged in. By that time, the instance was gone. "You cannot enter this if there's not a reason to..." or whatever.

Corpse recovery in Guild Lobby pulled no corpses.

But my tank had lost 1 3/4 levels to 124.25. And only the tank. Rest lost 1 corpse worth of exp. Petition doesn't seem viable for a few reasons.

Armor, Augs, Gear - worthless 'til I get back 75% of a level. All missions and achievements done. So no fast path.

So now I'm left with an essentially gear-less tank to grind back up. There's a mage for pet tanking. Only other tank I have access to is F2P 115 without expansions, so CoV newest content there.

Will experiment in NoS (or ToL) and see how fast/slow lesson burns + Overseer work. Bleh.

Any suggestions out there?

Running through an EoK raid (End of Empire) when my system froze up. Lot of mobs - easy to die.
Took me a bit to get back up, everyone logged in. By that time, the instance was gone. "You cannot enter this if there's not a reason to..." or whatever.

Corpse recovery in Guild Lobby pulled no corpses.

But my tank had lost 1 3/4 levels to 124.25. And only the tank. Rest lost 1 corpse worth of exp. Petition doesn't seem viable for a few reasons.

Armor, Augs, Gear - worthless 'til I get back 75% of a level. All missions and achievements done. So no fast path.

So now I'm left with an essentially gear-less tank to grind back up. There's a mage for pet tanking. Only other tank I have access to is F2P 115 without expansions, so CoV newest content there.

Will experiment in NoS (or ToL) and see how fast/slow lesson burns + Overseer work. Bleh.

Any suggestions out there?
I have not checked, but check ShadowHaven? Expedient Recovery.. might be a waste, but worth it to get that level back. A mission or two of something like the LS/NoS missions should get some xp back quick-ish. MQ2Grind of course, but mob xp is not super fast. Throw on some T1 armor if you have it in the bank, 22k ish per slot if not in bank. Since its the tank, just a few cheap baz pieces and the 22K regent. Sorry it happened.

I have not checked, but check ShadowHaven? Expedient Recovery.. might be a waste, but worth it to get that level back. A mission or two of something like the LS/NoS missions should get some xp back quick-ish. MQ2Grind of course, but mob xp is not super fast. Throw on some T1 armor if you have it in the bank, 22k ish per slot if not in bank. Since its the tank, just a few cheap baz pieces and the 22K regent. Sorry it happened.
Expedient recovery good idea - I never think of those. But didn't work.
Tried LS mission and Tank wasn't happy there. Will run a NoS or two and see that exp.

Didn't keep armor - but good suggestion on just Bazarring T1. Good stuff. Thanks a ton, Red.

Died once trying and suddenly that Shaman 90% Staff rez is a bummer. Funny stuff.

Have you finished collections? Collect sets are worth 2% reg xp plus aa for each set
Yeah. "Sadly", done with pretty much all achievements.

Doing missions - 1% per. Overseer will help. I'll probably just take the hit and catch-up on other things I needed while this recovers slowly without me pushing it too hard.

Very interestingly - older evolving items I'm still wearing like the CoV earring, TBL four items - show 125 min level, and do not change stats AT ALL when removed/added. I did not expect that, nor understand why. Harrumpf.

I have just one question: how???

Bind/death loop, ok, but I assume you cant bind in a raid instance. Not sure if you did check that corpse zone (but it is not supposed to work still)

I have just one question: how???

Bind/death loop, ok, but I assume you cant bind in a raid instance. Not sure if you did check that corpse zone (but it is not supposed to work still)
Honestly I couldn't figure it out. Wasn't bound.

System seemed to freeze - maybe just THE UI/Windows something for a bit. I didn't press-hold to kill the system for a couple minutes. Maybe it was active under the covers? Don't really think that's possible but... I have no idea.

The instance being gone also felt weird - it was 15 minutes and we were back.

probably overseer, if you can't get any help. It'll take a while, but an ungeared tank at 124 is tough. can you headshot your way up, perhaps a couple rangers could offset and just murder some human npc's somewhere for a few hours

Yeah. "Sadly", done with pretty much all achievements.

Doing missions - 1% per. Overseer will help. I'll probably just take the hit and catch-up on other things I needed while this recovers slowly without me pushing it too hard.

Very interestingly - older evolving items I'm still wearing like the CoV earring, TBL four items - show 125 min level, and do not change stats AT ALL when removed/added. I did not expect that, nor understand why. Harrumpf.
Do you have newer augs in them?

As you mentioned, use the mage for pet tanking - set the mage as the main tank and the tank as the assist or puller assist if you want. I suggest setting up somewhere where the mobs aren't too crazy hard - When I was level 120 I started my group out in Unkempt Woods up by here the tree named spawns - it's quiet, almost no one is ever there, the mobs are all spread out so you dont fight 3-4 at a time (2 at a time is really most you see) and none hit that hard. If mage has better than LS group ear, it's a cake walk (even like Ice Encrusted earring for 2ish EM more than group level did the trick for me).

Pro-Tip (lol jk, as if) - make sure you put agro weapons on the mage pet, preferably LS tier1 weapons and not summoned pet weapons to hold agro over a tank, and make sure tank has 2her on and definitely isn't group tank.

But be ready for a day or two of solid grinding to get back to 125.

Oh, and if you want to get the tank back in gear and its worth the plat to you - just deck them out in Tier1 LS gear as its better than NoS gear anyway and usable at 120.

took me an average of 11 hours per level, using lesson and playing about 3 hours a night to grind out a full level in current expansion. My group DPS at the time was low, averaging 1.7 mil, since I swapped out 3 toons as well. Shouldn't take too long to get back up. I did not use overseer, since I wanted to prove a point about grind exp, nor any achievements/collections/etc. It shouldn't take long to get you back up, but you can't stare at the exp bar or it'll feel MUCH longer than it really is.

took me an average of 11 hours per level, using lesson and playing about 3 hours a night to grind out a full level in current expansion. My group DPS at the time was low, averaging 1.7 mil, since I swapped out 3 toons as well. Shouldn't take too long to get back up. I did not use overseer, since I wanted to prove a point about grind exp, nor any achievements/collections/etc. It shouldn't take long to get you back up, but you can't stare at the exp bar or it'll feel MUCH longer than it really is.
I will say I am intrigued. In 3 hours - got about 30% in LS Tier 1 zone and pretty decent kill rate.

That seems to line up with your 10% per hour. Not awesome. But not as horrible as I was expecting. Throw in Overseer and a mission here and there and can snag a level in an 8 hour day, I'd imagine.

yah, I did the grind for all 5 levels just doing t1 hunters when the expansion went live. Didn't take long at all, given I still haven't finished those hunters :P Waiting for that wizard plugin to drop

Does someone you know box a lot? Ask to join their fellowship for a day or pay them. Put yourself on sharing and have them do the same. Two full EXP/AA green vitality bars plus lesson. Done deal.

I do - but would still expect the base item to be giving some stats. When back to guild hall - gonna test by taking those augs out to see.

But all 6 of the items do squat when equipped at 124:
* Blooded Earring
* NoS Cape
* 4x TBL Evolvings
If they have req 125 augs in them it will kill the item entirely

Problem - Main Tank Loses 1.75 Levels - Need to Recover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back