• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - mages and composite companion (1 Viewer)

RedCents
20¢
I box a mage and atm i pet tank until my sk is 115. atm i don't use composite companion because of the deagro proc.

once my sk start tanking i am going start adding into my lineup.

but is there a way to tell the mage not to cast it if I have to use the pet to tank. say if the sk goes down or i have a add i have to off tank?

been looking in kissassist to see if i could write something myself. but can't find the right stuff.

looking for a condition that would check to see if the tank(ie sk) is dead and if so don't cast the spell.
there are a few ways to do that

here is one such way - this says if no corpse within 40 radius that matches my group maintank
!${Spawn[${Group.MainTank} pccorpse radius 40].ID}

1613663092440.png

I use it on my mage also while tanking with the pet and never experienced a loss on aggro.

If your SK doesn't taunt or use one of the aggro-spells/aas he should not be able, to create more aggro, than the pet.
The SK has sufficient dps-abilities without additional aggro-comonents to do well as dps, until he is going to take over the tank-role.
If your sk gets beaten while your pet is tanking, you shall check all spells/aas you are using.

My guess is, the deaggro-portion of "Composite Companion" is just there, to compensate the increased aggro generation of the other components of this spell.

I box a mage and atm i pet tank until my sk is 115. atm i don't use composite companion because of the deagro proc.

once my sk start tanking i am going start adding into my lineup.

but is there a way to tell the mage not to cast it if I have to use the pet to tank. say if the sk goes down or i have a add i have to off tank?
Didn't see it, but there's also the role Role=Petassist for kiss if it still works. I don't use it cause I've got a warrior, but it's supposed to make your SK stand back and be a bad necromancer

Question - mages and composite companion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back